what happened to minus world and mfgg

fucker5
i noticed mfgg has the ppp again. that's weird
Aidan
their forums are deader than ours
sealelement
i thought this thread was gonna be about the minus world pod cast. when is that going to start back up?
100% pure gamer 100%
Vertette
(Feb 22, 2021 at 5:02 PM)Aidan Wrote: their forums are deader than ours

yeah all the activity moved to the discord
Spritanium
The 30-year-old 16-year-olds never left so now both sites are just super weird
[Image: supercorrect.png]
fucker5
(Feb 23, 2021 at 9:27 PM)Vertette Wrote:

so it goes with every forum it seems
fucker5
(Feb 23, 2021 at 11:47 PM)Spritanium Wrote: The 30-year-old 16-year-olds never left so now both sites are just super weird
tbh i came here because i found the mfgg oldbie thread from like 2 years ago and was surprised at how many people are still hanging around. also it is funny that the guy who messaged everybody didnt care enough to stalk me and message me but still somehow managed to update my wiki page with actual information about me
fucker5
i think the forum experience like, doesn't work once you turn a certain age, or it ceases being comical (resetera i guess) or survives on the users' obsession and psychosis (somethingawful and its offsites). i wish it did though. posting is much more my speed compared to discord except in discords where i actually know everyone
Draku
(Feb 24, 2021 at 12:30 AM)fucker5 Wrote: i think the forum experience like, doesn't work once you turn a certain age, or it ceases being comical (resetera i guess) or survives on the users' obsession and psychosis (somethingawful and its offsites). i wish it did though. posting is much more my speed compared to discord except in discords where i actually know everyone
i don't share this belief at all, posting on forums is the same as ever and a lot less drama prone. just shitty people will be shitty people and create environments like you described
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Vertette
(Feb 24, 2021 at 12:25 AM)fucker5 Wrote:
(Feb 23, 2021 at 9:27 PM)Vertette Wrote:

so it goes with every forum it seems

there's no tearful reaction so LOL will have to do

but yeah everything's moving to centralized platforms these days. rip
Yrrzy
mw is just a medium through which i can talk to my long-time online friends, i dont really care what form that takes as long as its there
T-man
i was hungry and ate most of the users, the remaining ones taste bad
belmondo
mfgg'er is pronounced "muh fugger"
[Image: kyZblKa.gif]