God
Exclusively For Elite Members LV5/Diamond and above posters High Rollers Getting That Green πŸ’΄πŸ’ΆπŸ’·πŸ’΅
God
When You Notice The Markrt Is Inflated So You Stop Giving Out As Many Good Sh*ts To Enforce Austerity And Maintain Your Old Money Power Over The Metagame
[Image: cameron_smiling_AFP_360x270.jpg]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
orion playing the long game
God
The Only Game Is The Long Game

also btw that is some serious $tack you're sitting on there with that sweet LV6 bar
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Sep 26, 2016 at 12:33 AM)wtl Wrote: how the fuck did yrr get level 6
ethical stance against spells
God

i cast a permanent spell on her which gave her a fuckton of XP and then changed my mind and cancelled it but she kept the XP and i didnt get any back and then i was like fuck this and just recast the spell again. this probably gave her a good 600XP or so
God
also every1 seems to disagree with my spell ideas that force/encourage Old Money posters to spend their money because they have no idea how economics work so its no wonder we have the Rothschild cabal dominating the meta LOL
Spritanium
I mean it'd be more of a big deal if/when the levels actually mean(t) something. I like a lot of your ideas but some of them get a little too "mean" (which I'm fine with, but I'm not sure if we're at a point yet where people would appreciate such vast changes to their experience)

Which idea do you mean in particular, though? There are a bunch of suggestion threads in the Meta Forum that just don't pick up speed and end up getting buried. If you have a good solution for encouraging EXP spending, it's probably worth looking into.

(Sep 26, 2016 at 9:14 AM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

i cast a permanent spell on her which gave her a fuckton of XP and then changed my mind and cancelled it but she kept the XP and i didnt get any back and then i was like fuck this and just recast the spell again. this probably gave her a good 600XP or so
I think I fixed this (or attempted to), have you tried undoing a spell since then?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
God
i'll give it a shot now

EDIT: yeah it looks like it works on my end! did your XP get reverted?
Spritanium
Yeh mine is the same as it was before, so I guess that means it reverted properly
God
yeah i mean the ban spells (I like to call them Forbidden Spells) are kind of Experimental and would only really work in the Wilderness and if there's a severe penalty for using Forbidden Spells too much.

as far as encouraging players to spend more, i had an idea to give non-Lurker members XP decay if they don't post often, and reducing the spell cost by 1% for each time you use it. i think both these ideas need a little work but i think they would both definitely encourage players to increase global consumption.

i think rather than giving an XP decay for Old Money players, we should add a mechanic called Rally. this is essentially a small multiplier to all XP income, and you increase your Rally by casting spells (something like every spell cast adds [Spell Cost]/500 to the multiplier). Rally decays at a fixed rate (perhaps 0.01 per hour) if it is above 1, but if you are Old Money (LV 5 and above), Rally decays if it is above 1-(0.1*x), where x is each level above LV 4 you are at. For example, if you are LV 5 your minimum Rally is 0.9, and if you are LV 7 your minimum Rally is 0.7

so basically what this will do is reward players for casting spells often, and penalise players for reserving their XP. of course, as the new playstyles get implemented and better, more expensive spells get introduced, there is obviously still a good enough incentive to play the Old Money playstyle. it just depends on what sort of fighter you want to be.
Spritanium
Ooh I really like the Rally idea. @Draku @Elyk @"wtl" what do you guys think?
God
there may be a way to break Rally by farming XP on a partner if you both have a Rally higher than 2 (because your partner can generate more knockback than the spell itself cost you). maybe someone who is good at maths can confirm this, and if so we would need to think of a way to prevent this from happening. at first glance a simple fix would be to limit Rally at 2 but that would still create a way for Old Money players to keep their Rally high whilst still being rich, which defeats the whole purpose of the mechanic (just cast a 500XP spell on a friend and have them do the same to you every now and then). any ideas on how to prevent this unintended usage of Rally?
Agastya
you'll never take me alive
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Draku
(Sep 26, 2016 at 5:32 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Ooh I really like the Rally idea. @Draku @Elyk @"wtl" what do you guys think?
yeah the rally concept is good, though that presented concern is troubling. maybe have it so that knockback EXP specifically can go no higher than 75% of what the spell cost.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
God
(Sep 26, 2016 at 10:54 PM)wtl Wrote:
(Sep 26, 2016 at 1:45 AM)zelma Wrote: like this if you think lvl 5 & up r gay

We should do a statistical analysis and figure out the gay level for users above level 5

i was gonna say somth along these lines, i bet the Gay Level of Old Money posters is disproportionately large LOL

Quote:I'm up for anything but maybe the more riskier stuff we could confine to a Wilderness forum or something, and if it works well release it Live

Wilderness can double up as the Public Test Region