[Day 1 - Investigation] - Unmasked

Spooks?
[Image: 7cqHKvF.png]

Hey, so uh...

I don't really remember much of what happened last night much if we're gonna be honest with each other here, and I also know I've made a pretty shitty first impression on some of you.

But, uh... on my way back to my office last night after passing out... somewhere, well, I'm pretty sure I found a body.

[Image: ZzrSsP2.png][Image: HDQiwO8.png]

What? A dead body? Lying out in the open? Was someone robbing the bloody morgue? Show me. Now.

Fine but... we have a morgue?

...Never mind. Hurry up.

[Image: HWnGCeu.png]

[Image: SsVjtLO.png]

---

@Lynn Tyrne has been found dead in the SURGERY WARD, dressed in a large monster costume. Her role was the Crimson Eye Saboteur

e-Pass:

---

[Image: cjbrWZm.png][Image: 9q2S1uk.png]

Heh. Well, there's our monster, I suppose. Good riddance.

The "Crimson Eye", eh? I'd be lying if I said I knew much about the group, besides what I've heard on the news of late but, well, for an undercover criminal, she couldn't even make a cup of coffee.

Pathetic. I'd have at least expected her to try to fit into her role, but maybe I'm asking too much. Hey Wexlyn, go notify the authorities, why don't you?

...I tried. Communications are down. Can't get a signal.

Well, take the cable car then! Do I have to do everything myself? Ugh.

Well, about that... I'm afraid they're uh... not in working order right now.

[Image: MNkNHES.png]

T-the cable cars are down!? Not cool! What are we gonna do? We can't solve a murder on our own!

This job description didn't say anything about murder! What the hell?

[Image: mUJON8W.png]

...A remote location, murder, no communication with the outside world....

You. Patients, Experiments, new Staff. Investigate this murder, would you? If what I think is going on is going on, then it'd be a bad idea not to. I've gotta go find one of those fucking Monokumas. If this is what I think it is, then...

Tch, doesn't matter now. If Lynn's e-Pass wasn't lying, then not only do we have a murder to deal with, but more of those CRIMSON EYE operatives too. I don't know what they want, but watch your backs. There's at least four other imposters among u-

[Image: 7ea2oqF.png]

Oh god DAMMIT.

---

CASE FILES:
-The victim is dressed in a large monster costume.
-The victim is lying in front of the aquarium in the surgery ward
-The aquarium has been smashed open and the ward's floor is covered in water
-What appears to be oil is mixed in with the water in small quantities
-All the snow has been blown off of the Courtyard and is now floating in the river
-Someone has smashed a hole in the Glass Hallway

OTHER INFO
-No one was AFK today
-Both cable car stations have been sabotaged
-There are sticky notes reading TESCO SALE all over the PHARMACY

---

[Image: ioIYiTI.png]

[Image: 7cJW4uh.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: QqT7fZr.png]

Room Descriptions:

CURRENT PLAYERS

STAFF:
@Kids TV Show Host
@Bigfoot
@Anime Mother
@Jack of Spades
@Faust
@Hank Hill
@Lita
@Among Us
@The Drifter
@Senpai
@Obama Machine

PATIENTS:
@Shoey
@robbydude
@Cirno
@Professional Robuster
@Hu Tao
@Misty
@Robert Winters
@ASMR Youtuber
@Rio Ranger

EXPERIMENTS:
@DK West
@Violent Jimin
@Nemesis
@Deathborn
@Dark Souls II
@°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
@Garth Marenghi
@Mr Waltar Whité

NPCs:
@Dr. Morgan Pierce
@Dr. Jim Hawke
@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
@"Nurses"

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end tomorrow at 7 PM PST.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.
DK West
Woah, is she really dead? That's pretty messed up.
How'd she die, anyhow? What injuries she got?
Spooks?
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:06 PM)DK West Wrote: Woah, is she really dead? That's pretty messed up.
How'd she die, anyhow? What injuries she got?
You inspect LYNN'S CORPSE. She appears to be wearing some kind of high-tech monster suit, augmented with animatronics. It looks similar to some kind of large werewolf beast, with claws that would normally drag on the ground. As you remove her from the suit, one of the red eyes of the suit sparks as you pull the mask off.

Inspecting her suitless body you see that she has a gunshot wound to the shoulder, as well as what looks like a thick bruised line across the front her neck. She is also bruised all over in general, but notably has a big lump on her head.
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: grrr.png]

HEY! I know ONE of you redditfucks interrupted my SHIFT. Fess up, who -

[Image: ohshxt.png]

...! Death is real??!?!

Let's take a closer look at the cable car stations.
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
Faust
I'd like to do an autopsy on the suit
Dark Souls II

>investigate the aquarium further

DK West
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:09 PM)Monokuma Wrote: Inspecting her suitless body you see that she has a gunshot wound to the shoulder, as well as what looks like a thick bruised line across the front her neck. She is also bruised all over in general, but notably has a big lump on her head.

Gunshot wound? Any guns missing from that security office? Any shots fired, ammo spent?

And those bruises, do they look like anything that could've been caused by the suit itself? Could she be bruised, abused, while she was in the suit?
Lita
I'm interested in the glass hallway. Is there any sign of what created the hole still in the river below? Or did something fall from above, (ie a light fixture, a medical display, etc) to create the hole?
Deathborn
Compare the monster suit to the legendary beast known as a Wendigo.
Fun With Despair
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:21 PM)DK West Wrote:
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:09 PM)Monokuma Wrote: Inspecting her suitless body you see that she has a gunshot wound to the shoulder, as well as what looks like a thick bruised line across the front her neck. She is also bruised all over in general, but notably has a big lump on her head.

Gunshot wound? Any guns missing from that security office? Any shots fired, ammo spent?

And those bruises, do they look like anything that could've been caused by the suit itself? Could she be bruised, abused, while she was in the suit?

As far as you can tell, no one has even touched the Security Office. Every gun (Two handguns, a shotgun, a taser and a sniper rifle) is fully loaded and doesn't appear to have been fired.

Examining the suit, it looks built more for offense than defense, and getting hit hard in the suit might hurt MORE. Regardless, the suit itself doesn't look like it would hurt her without outside force.
DK West
Is there a matching gunshot hole in the suit? Did it go straight through, can we find a bullet in either? Is there a matching bullet hole near where her body was found, a pool of blood, a trail of blood?
Fun With Despair
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:26 PM)Lita Wrote: I'm interested in the glass hallway. Is there any sign of what created the hole still in the river below? Or did something fall from above, (ie a light fixture, a medical display, etc) to create the hole?
You inspect the GLASS HALLWAY. A chair from the BREAK ROOM is snagged on the bottom of the glass by one leg, barely resisting the river's current. Dragging it up, you determine it's possible that someone could have just beat the floor with the chair.

(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:31 PM)Deathborn Wrote: Compare the monster suit to the legendary beast known as a Wendigo.
You guess it looks a bit like a Wendigo, but not exactly. Like one of those low quality dollar store bootleg toys that uses the same base molding but fucks with a couple things.
Spooks?
(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:13 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: [Image: grrr.png]

HEY! I know ONE of you redditfucks interrupted my SHIFT. Fess up, who -

[Image: ohshxt.png]

...! Death is real??!?!

Let's take a closer look at the cable car stations.

You check out the CABLE CAR STATIONS. It appears as though the CABLES have been cut through and the machinery has been sabotaged. Predictably, the CABLE CAR is nowhere in sight.

The place is covered in OIL and HYDRAULIC FLUID, a trail leading out to the LOBBY.

(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:16 PM)Faust Wrote: I'd like to do an autopsy on the suit
You take a scalpel and cut open the the suit. It appears to be some sort of battery powered suit that both looks scary and augments the strength of the user. It provides little protection though as evident by the fact that a gunshot wound has ripped through its shoulder.

While performing the autopsy you notice that both of its eye-lightbulbs that provide their red glow have been shattered and there is a dent in its head, indicating possible blunt force trauma.

(Mar 27, 2021 at 10:19 PM)Dark Souls II Wrote: >investigate the aquarium further
You investigate the AQUARIUM. Water is spilling through a large hole in the side and into the floor messily. Notably, all the fish are gone. You notice as well that a hole has been busted in the top, leading out into the FOUNTAIN.
Rio Ranger
[Image: Cara18-3.png]

Don't wanna ruin anyone's fun, but I'm preeeetty sure I saw the victim walking to her death! Ah, taken so young!

[Image: Cara18-8.png]

...Some of you other bastards might've seen the same thing, but I don't want you stealing my thunder.

'S there any blood in or near the elevator, specifically by the Lobby exit? Anything off, really?
Among Us
[Image: hD8jM32.png]
Anime Mother
-coughs meekly- I'm afraid I don't have much to offer that would be helpful, but I will try my best to summon up my strength, for the good of everyone...

the ROBUSTER did try to kill me with some kind of MEDIA DISC, which I thought was quite rude... I told him to mind his manners, but he paid me no attention. After he started to leave, I did notice a trail of OIL between the CABLE CAR STATION and the ELEVATOR..I'm not sure if that will help any of you more healthy young people, but I thought I would -cough- offer it anyway...

Oh, DR. HAWKE was being a bit odd in the pharmacy, but I guess he's just a very meticulous doctor...probably nothing, maybe he'll come examine me later...oh my...

If any one of you little ones needs me, I'll be -cough- sitting in my room again...
Draku
ghost solved it lmao
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spooks?
(Mar 27, 2021 at 11:02 PM)Rio Ranger Wrote: [Image: Cara18-3.png]

Don't wanna ruin anyone's fun, but I'm preeeetty sure I saw the victim walking to her death! Ah, taken so young!

[Image: Cara18-8.png]

...Some of you other bastards might've seen the same thing, but I don't want you stealing my thunder.

'S there any blood in or near the elevator, specifically by the Lobby exit? Anything off, really?
The LOBBY is mostly clean, with the exception of some signs of a scuffle by the front desk. The elevator smells a bit like booze, but that's it.
Hank Hill
Dearest Peggy,

Long story short, you might want to keep the Bill-proof barbed wire on the fence for a few more weeks. I knew something was up when my boss sent me all the way to a hospital in some Japanese mountains to meet a new potential clientele, but now it turns out the whole thing is some freakish murder cult ritual! I tried to pack my bags, but then the technicolor-haired head doctor told me I had no choice but to “help solve the murder like the rest”. Gotdang it, I don’t care if I’m being paid for it as a staff member. I’m not here to play Clue with a bunch of loud-mouthed hippies, I’m here to spread the word of propane and propane accessories! She did say I could at least write out letters to you describing my, uh…”daily trauma” as thoroughly as possible, so here I am.

Man, where do I even start...well first off, I guess I can say how I’ve never met a more freakish circus troupe of people in my entire life! If you saw them, Peggy, you’d think they were from that embarrassing comic convention Bobby dragged us to! Sasquatches, fairies, monsters, pixelated high school boys….I don’t know who I saw that was more terrifying, all of them or our hackjob of a 44th president. Don’t ask me why Barack Obama is here, he just is. When I arrived, the only person who left a good impression on me was this chemistry teacher named Walter White, who happened to share the same passion for propane as I do. At least I think so, either he has an early case of dementia or he’s always been hard to understand. Regardless, that’s what I started with on the night of the murder: I tried stopping by the Experiment Dorm to have a beer with him, but he was still asleep, unfortunately.

I’ll be damned, though, if this place represses me of my beer, with or without a companion, so I went on down to the Cafeteria to grab a cold one, after which I headed over to the Outdoor Storage to start my groundskeeper duties. In there was this Chinese-looking girl named Hu Tao (the doctors debriefed the staff on the names of the patients and “experiments” soon after we arrived), and I awkwardly shuffled past her to get inside. I was silently praying she wouldn’t hit me with the shovel she grabbed, I don’t know whether these patients are being treated for physical or, ah, mental conditions.

I’ll tell you what, this hospital’s actually a decent looking place in terms of aesthetics, with the courtyard decorated by a lovely birch tree in particular showing some good promise. What ruins it, though, is how the landscapers half-assed the entire outside area: all publicly accessible outdoor spaces have been clear of snow but the courtyard itself! Have you ever heard of something more despicable in your life, Peggy? Figuring I might as well finish what the staff before me lazily stopped committing to, I took a snowblower (seeing Hu Tao dig a grave on the courtyard island, better not be for me, eheh) and freed the whole courtyard of the incriminating ice crystals. The only things that happened during this were when Hu Tao went into this Glass Hallway, followed by this guy in knight armor named…”Dark Souls 2”, good God, who came from the bottom of the building. I also saw this shifty fellow in a coat seemingly tamper with the lock on the Equipment Room door and went inside, another thing to fix. Not that I’m complaining.

The hedges weren’t as bad as the courtyard, but like we say in the family, Carter wasn’t as bad as Clinton, so I figured they could use a little touch-up as well. On my way back to the island after grabbing the somewhat rusty hedge clippers, I ran into the most gargantuan, most hideous, overbiting son of a bitch to come from Satan’s workshop. Nemesis, that thing was so appropriately named. There wasn’t a sliver of a doubt unlike with that Asian chick: if I didn’t hightail my ass out of there, it would end up more misshaped than it already is, so I hurried back to the island and trimmed the damn hedges already. That B.O.W. ain’t right, I tell ya what.

I still had to follow him through the Glass Hallway, against my bitter judgement, but thankfully, he sauntered off to the Lobby while I left for the Rec Room. I turned on the TV and turned the channel from this news piece about some nonsense “Crimson Eye” business to the Arlen Rangers game. Vaguely suspicious that an Asian country’s broadcast system would carry a local Texas football game, but what do I care, it was the playoffs. During this, some guy I didn’t catch much of came through the Patio with a large stick, and later, I was visited by this short, armless astronaut weirdo….apparently this thing’s name is “Among Us?” I think it was someone from one of Bobby’s vidya games, but anyway, he turned on the sound system and turned on this truly obnoxious millennial music on full blast, right at the end of the fourth quarter. What a jackass. Not being in the mood for anything else after that, I went downstairs to my dorm to get some sleep...for about 4 hours, before we were awakened by the news that one of the lead doctors was murdered.

It’s hard to guess how long I’ll be stuck in this insane asylum, but I want to assure you that I WILL come back. Don’t you worry, honey, there might be a slight chance my life is in danger, but I’m not afraid to use propane to raise some hell, if it’s for the greater good. No matter what happens, nothing will stop be from seeing your beautiful face again.

Love,
Hank

(P.S. If you catch wind by any chance of Dale planning to kidnap Khan and interrogate him into admitting “where that Japanese scum is keeping Hank”, try to call the police, if you can. Somehow, I suspect all Asian countries are the same to him.)
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
Magic is fucking real.

[Image: 2rBnsAY.png]

While you chxds stayed up late and implicated yourself in 5 CANCELLATIONS worth of heinous activity, I studied the SCRIPT. You'll find I slept soundly through the night, after my evening meditation commenced upon the last person in my dorm leaving. My dreams, of course, have been refined to uniquely convey my adventures getting lost in... Hogwarts.

Any potterforumgoer will of course be delighted to hear my account of my experience in the WIZARDING WORLD. Before I begin, I must present one artefact, however...

[Image: s7fQTuI.png]

CHECK IT! The bridge between desire and reality thins once more, as I have SHIFTED a magical relic from Hogwarts Castle to this very hand! I could SQUEAL, if I were being inconsiderate to people with hearing aids! HAH. I wonder if I can channel some MAGIC VIBES from my shift, through this wand... Let's see...

[Image: rkSUjjk.png]

🧙🧙🧙 ACCOUNTIUM RECOLLECTO! 🧙🧙🧙

My shift begins in my WIZARD BED, in the PUREBLOOD WIZARD AND WITCH DORM. For a brief moment, I think I see my comf char Draco, leaving for the magic staircase! I follow this figure to the stairs, but it's just fucking FRED WEASLEY, blabbering on about magic fish discounts. Despite the obvious downgrade, he helps me work the magic stairs so I can get to the ground floor. (1/??)

He's nice, but they're always nice. It doesn't mean shit. (2/??)

FRED and I exit to the CASTLE LOBBY and he moves to the DRAGON LANDING PAD. I'm in desperate need of some magical protection from the Dark Arts, and as it happens, I had SCRIPTED a spare wand in the BALCONY. I walk there via the WIZARDING TEXTS and RECREATION ROOM. I still can't believe scripted objects are returning to the real - er, current reality! This wand RULES. (3/??)

I gallop to the SORTING ROOM and declare myself LOST for it is TRUE! I ask for the PSYCHOLOGIST, since even in a SHIFT they can be of use, especially if they can help me further connect these realities. However, it's just HAGRID, SLUGHORN the DRINKER, and FRED WEASLEY. Again. Barf!!! The latter two fuck off and I peg HAGRID as the closest thing to a psychologist Hogwarts has. (4/??)

The next part of the shift was weird. It felt like a blackout, like when you wake up at 2 in the morning with no idea what's going on? I blame the simps on interfering with my SHIFT FREQUENCIES with their low-life VIBES. I go back to the BALCONY, as I scripted the view to be romantic and inviting and charming~ But who do I find but RITA SKEETER, the most infamous author in all of magictwt! (5/??)

RITA is smoking some kind of muggle spliff, and before I have the chance to speak she slanders the name of J.K. ROWLING. How could she!??! Surely she would recognise that our girlboss has achieved so much and inspired millions of us to forge our own worlds?!!?? I could not stand such intrusions into my reality, so I CLARK the problematic prat! (6/??)

She must have also cast some kind of levitation spell on her book, as she sends it straight into my face. Assaulting a minor.... there's a special place on my blocked contacts list for you. It ends my shift right there, and I wake up on the PATIO!! Who moved my body without my consent, huh?? (7/7)

🧙🧙🧙 END OF SHIFT DIARY 🧙🧙🧙

[Image: 07thsk8.png]

The MARAUDER'S MAP has been updated to reflect my mid-shift movements too. How... magical.

[Image: C2k3feF.png]

[Image: LxAkecK.png]
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]