[Day 3 - Investigation] - Second Opinions

Lita
I go wandering to Equipment Storage, the Warehouse and the Laboratory to count all the jars and see if one is missing.
Spooks?
(Apr 22, 2021 at 3:27 AM)DK West Wrote: If he's got the bodies, I want to see that dossier.

[Image: HFy6Ze3.png]

BUREAU OF PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION
FOR AUTHORIZED EYES ONLY
BRIEFING PERTAINING TO CASE FILE BPI211474
THE CRIMSON EYE

In the events following the Containment Breach and the resulting release of over one-thousand previously contained variable-class paranormal items and entities, a group of dangerous criminals has formed, capitalizing on the newfound public interest in the supernatural following the Breach.

That group is known as the Crimson Eye. Utilizing primarily supernatural artifacts and items recovered from the XW Corporation after their dissolution, the Crimson Eye act as smugglers, thieves, enforcers, and black market dealers. They have also been recently sighted with strange, manufactured weaponry that combines the supernatural with advanced technology.

Interactions with Crimson Eye operatives should be cautioned due to the unpredictable nature of their arsenal. Despite resembling XW technology, it does not match any of the items seized after their collapse.

To serve these ends, the Crimson Eye seemingly has close ties with the Japanese Yakuza, as well as the Eastern-European nation of Qstia, a small country that has recently experienced an economic boom due to their lax financial and trade laws, becoming a popular tax haven.

The Crimson Eye is believed to be led by three individuals. Our internal suspects are:

SEIKO IWASAKI, board member of the Moirai Fashion Company based out of Tokyo, Japan. Rumored to have deep-running Yakuza connections, she both possesses an easy front for smuggling, as well as access to the resources required to operate in the criminal underworld. Furthermore, several of the Moirai Fashion Company’s employees have been confirmed as Crimson Eye Operatives.

DANIIL ZHUKOV, current Prime Minister of Qstia. Qstia is a hotspot for the wealthy to conduct underground activities due to the nature of their lenience regarding these subjects. The XW Corporation previously had a deal with Zhukov, allowing for the storage of items that would be banned in most nations. It stands to reason that Zhukov could very well be supplying these items to the Crimson Eye, as well as potentially granting them safe haven in his country.

The “Third Partner” is unknown, having never been sighted or interacted with by anyone outside of the inner circles of the Crimson Eye. They appear to be an expert in occultic technologies, and are likely behind the production of new materials and weaponry for the Crimson Eye. Various rumors circle the underworld about the nature of the Third Partner, such as [REDACTED] but they ultimately remain in obscurity.

All three of these individuals are closely guarded, and any engagement with them is extremely dangerous. Instead, curbing the rise of the Crimson Eye will be conducted from the bottom up, categorically eliminating their lower level agents until the upper echelons of the organization begin to slip up.

Your assignment is twofold.

A new medical facility is being opened in the Japanese Alps. Titled “Nadare”, it is the brainchild of ex-XW research lead Dr. Morgan Pierce. We believe that the Crimson Eye will target Nadare, either in search of old XW technology she may have in her possession, or for the last remaining sample of [REDACTED], a drug with otherworldly capabilities, and a bloodstained past.

First and foremost, find and eliminate the Crimson Eye members dispatched to the site. For operations of this scale, the Crimson Eye typically dispatches about five members. We have preemptively identified at least one of them via prior surveillance, a woman known to be a self-professed “master of disguise” possessing a W-Type Monster Suit.

[Image: NMgSW9V.png]

Seiko Iwasaki may also be sending two Yakuza members to act as backup in case the operation goes badly, keep eyes peeled for them. They are every bit as unpredictable and dangerous as the Crimson Eye themselves.

Secondly, observe Dr. Pierce’s experiments from the shadows. Morgan Pierce has a history of dangerous and unconventional experimentation regarding medicine, the human body, and restricted chthonic materials such as [REDACTED].

To summarize, the Crimson Eye want something Dr. Pierce has, and the Yakuza may be with them, though it is unclear whether they know the specifics as the proper Crimson Eye members do. Meanwhile, Dr. Pierce is potentially up to something extremely dangerous and requires observation.

Take care to avoid identification. Eliminate the Crimson Eye.

BRIEFING END
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: CcnNVPE.png]

Wow... romanticising the yakuza now, are we? I'd be SURPRISED, if I wasn't already so steeped in shame at what I've seen so far.
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
Senpai
[Image: senpaiheadshotangy.png]

Just when I thought this fuckfest couldn't get any worse, the head doctor is outted as a loon. Great. I can't fucking believe I transferred here.
Faust
apologies for the delay and shakey quality of it, here is my account

wake up in panic room with jimin, he still sleeps
have a chat with hawke, he lies down to have a rest
among us comes to the surgery ward from the west
steal the sniper's arm for later, stash it away in a secret spot
bigfoot comes and grabs something
the mario mask person comes in and yells BING BING WAHOO in my face but I shoo them away
shoey is standing outside the vr control room, smells like shit
robuster is acting as a bouncer, he checks my head before letting me pass
the event is as garth describes in his account
immediately after jimin dies, I hear a voice announcing that the room is locked down, they also say something about balls and jorts
garth screws with his camera, the nurses and I leave, shoey and robuster are knocked out
I head to bed
Kids TV Show Host
[Image: a5166803657ef5ce845b2f18da2bde6bf4433057.png]
*SIGH*
Hi boys and girls its me your host Sugar………. I GUESS.

[Image: 8a6fa4c071f9715ae1904a20f132949f45dc2d39.png]
Honestly… everyday I try and make this a good time for everyone, but ALL I get in return is just stupid MALARKEY.
Would it kill any of you to just PARTICIPATE in this show like a little??? Whats even the point anymore!
This job SUCKS. There I said it!

[Image: 13a280bb65d570220b9b590f7fccca7c210b1f89.png]
But yeah, my night was OKAY thanks for asking. I wanted to talk to Dr.Hawke a bit so I went to his office at the start of the night, but I GUESS he was too busy being “A BAD ROLE MODEL TO KIDS” and making drugs with his best friend Walter or something!
Whatever!!
Who wants to talk to stupid NPCs anyways….

[Image: 2b3af87ec97684e2db2d2630e7251b9b87e291d0.png]
Tonight all I did was go to the Funk Off to help host some stretching exercises to promote good fitness and healthy habits, and I was super excited for a moment to see a little good effort put in with the lights and smoke machine! Garth Marenghi seemed to be filming, and for A SECOND i really thought that MAYBEthings were getting back on track with this TV Show!

[Image: 8a6fa4c071f9715ae1904a20f132949f45dc2d39.png]
BUT of course everyone I-G-N-O-R-E-D all my hard work and just stood around like they didn’t care! The night quickly became a wild Cacophony of singing, book reading, violence, and clucking sounds before Violent Jimin comes running in looking like some sort of grotesque beast arms and legs all mismatched and literally just DIES A TERRIBLE DEATH IN FRONT OF EVERYONE????
I'm starting to think this isnt even a real kids tv show.... something weird is going on here...

[Image: b4b9ca5ae4f70a2b2ced8617bba194fcffee822d.png]
You know what, this brings me to the word of the day!
~FUTILE~
As in “My futile existence and role in this show has no meaning” and everyone is apparently just going to DIE here before we ever get paid for all this work!!!!
What’s even the point anymore!!
If the network doesn't respond to me soon about what is going on here I'm going to just QUIT!
Nemesis
Project N Test Report XX04

Subject: T-103-N5

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

N5 set off with a clear goal in mind tonight. Heading up the mountain nearby.
While it was up the mountain, it came across a decrepit WEATHER STATION. The station was locked with a normal keyhole, and N5 was not able to breach the room.
I, however, was able to see through the window, where I observed a laptop sitting on one of the desks, some camping equipment, and a piece of corkboard on one of the walls with photos pinned to it.
With its apparent self-designated mission complete, N5 returned down the mountain.

It continued its previous task, defending the most important person on sight: DR. PIERCE.
N5 passed by her in the MEDIA LIBRARY, as she was leaving the REC ROOM.
As N5 and PIERCE entered the LOBBY, they were approached by JACK OF SPADES from the gallery. She was carrying a cup of something that she handed to PIERCE.
N5, percieving a potential threat to PIERCE, took the cup out of her hands, and... proceeded to mime that the cup could be poisoned. Verbal communication may need work still, but progress is progress!

Shortly after, the group was assailed by an individual wearing a MARIO MASK, charging out of the ELEVATOR. N5 disabled the threat with ease, and then HANK HILL entered from the CABLE CAR STATION, moving into the ELEVATOR.

HANK HILL was joined by the individual wearing the MARIO MASK, and the ELEVATOR departed. N5 and PIERCE then followed, taking the ELEVATOR down as well.

Upon exiting the ELEVATOR, they went towards DR. PIERCE'S OFFICE, where they encountered the recently deceased LYNN TYRNE.
LYNN appeared to use some sort of device on the e-Pass reader for DR. PIERCE'S OFFICE, destroying it.
DR. PIERCE then ordered N5 to attack, and it followed its orders.
It was a fierce fight, and perhaps not the best showing of a T-103-N unit's combat capabilities, but it eventually managed to fling her away towards the SURGERY WARD, where she disappeared from view.

DR. PIERCE returned to HER OFFICE after the fight was over, requesting that N5 continues to keep watch outside.

N5 followed its orders until it was time for it to return to its CONTAINMENT ROOM. While keeping watch, it saw LOST IN HOGWARTS walk into the EXPERIMENT DORMS from the SURGERY WARD with an apparent head injury.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The most intriguing development tonight is the encounter with the deceased Lynn Tyrne. Whatever was making that body continue to move does not appear to be one of ours. Umbrella does not like competition.
Spooks?
(Apr 22, 2021 at 8:47 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: COMPARE A CROWBAR TO THA HEAD WOUND ON CIRNO......
Cirno's wound is too big to match a Crowbar. It's also a weird angle for a crowbar wound, you think. It seems more like someone slammed her head into something than hit her.

(Apr 22, 2021 at 8:52 PM)Faust Wrote: hrm. I'd like to take a crack at an autopsy on crino myself. second opinion and all that, you know
You crouch down over Cirno's body and perform an autopsy of your own...

Your findings are mostly the same as Dr. Hawke's, but you determine that her head wound most likely seems to have originated from the nearby railing that would normally keep someone from falling when the cable car is not parked.

(Apr 22, 2021 at 9:29 PM)°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆° Wrote: Check gift shop for missing sharpies, or if they have that kind of thing in stock at all.
You check the gift shop for SHARPIES, finding... Nothing. There's a few pens though.

You can probably find something like that in any of the Offices, as well as the desk in the Lobby and the Laboratory.

(Apr 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM)Lita Wrote: I go wandering to Equipment Storage, the Warehouse and the Laboratory to count all the jars and see if one is missing.
You head to the Equipment Storage, the Warehouse, and the Laboratory to count all the jars. There seems to be about 28 in Equipment, 100 in the Warehouse in a crate, and about... 14-ish in the Laboratory, but several similar jars are holding chemical samples.

You can't tell if any are missing as this is your first count. Due to how they are packed though, you are sure there are none gone from the Warehouse.
Dr. Jim Hawke

[Image: Q2DDprB.png]

My testimony? Do I really have to?

I've done some shit tonight that I regret, okay. Yeah, yeah. What a surprise, I'm capable of self reflection. I just can't handle you all trying to get in my personal shit, that's all.

...Waltar didn't deserve it, meth or no meth.

[Image: jqQ6Acd.png]

I was in my office, getting some rest for once, when the bag-head guy just barges in on me. I wasn't happy with him, but I heard him out. He spoke by writing shit to me, because the poor guy had the Chicken Pox. Can't be surgically treated, so if he came to me looking for help, he was out of luck. Actually though, he just wanted to talk. I guess he's cool. A fellow medical professional, we actually had a lot in common, besides the whole chicken thing.

Still, he tried to me a few things that I've made it clear I don't like being asked about. And he wouldn't be the fucking first.

[Image: AEt9Sm4.png]

When he leaves, I try to get back to my uh, hard work, when Pierce's little red goon runs in and tries to bonk me with my own bottles! Not only that, but the pint-sized bitch grabs all my bottles and hurls himself into the vent! Eh, whatever. Just after that, Waltar shows up, telling me we've gotta cook. Waltar... Well, I went with him over to the Break Room, but while he was putting his meth in the microwave, I figured I'd go check out that "Funk Off" or whatever. Waltar might be able to handle the fumes, but meth's not my thing.

So I'm over in the Virtual Reality room with a bottle o' whiskey from my office, watching that Marenghi guy set up his tripod. Looked I was too early for the thing, fuck. Some guy in here smells awful too, like he's dying or something. Should get that checked out. I was half hoping I'd run into Jack of Spades, maybe that Faust guy again, but besides the two in here, I'm all alone until Senpai shows up. I offer him some booze, but he tells me he's too young to drink. Bullshit, if you ask me, considering like half of everything that's been going on is illegal, but whatever.

I meet back up with Waltar in the hall and we head up that elevator shaft to the courtyard. Some scary-lookin' guy was hanging around in the elevator down below, big glowing eyes and shit. They don't try to jump us though, and we head out to the courtyard through Equipment.

[Image: MQ2smOM.png]

Waltar and I have a talk, and at this point, he tries pressing me for more of the same shit Faust was earlier. This pisses me off, because I thought Waltar was supposed to be my "friend", or whatever counts for a friend in this place. I tell him to fuck off and give me some space, and he leaves me by the Hot Spring, where the dick who filled it in is now emptying it out. We've got a regular Sisyphus here, don't we?

I head inside and run into that deer chick with the web show. She's no better than the rest, practically interrogating me up and down about whatever. At least this is for TV though, so I go along with her shit as we head into the lounge. Wexlyn and his weird masked buddy are chattin' up a storm by the bar, while Jack of Spades and Dark Souls II are making out over in the corner.

...Not sayin' I don't respect Jack of Spades, but Dark Souls II? Couldn't have picked a better video game?

Anyway, as I'm halfway through my story about the inflation guy, Lita grabs me out of my interview and starts, once again, trying to pressure me into telling her shit! I dunno what the hell is wrong with you people, just leave me alone! Still, I gave her some advice on where to find answers to some of that shit, as it didn't concern me. Guess I felt bad for her.

Anyway, once we were done, I headed back down to my office. Guess I figured I could... lie down or something. Relax.

[Image: SqfwNHy.png]

Yeah... I figured. I was wrong though. I get back to my office and who do I find waiting there? Waltar fucking White himself, back again. I try to sit down at my desk and take a breather, but he just keeps fucking harassing me. Asking me over and over about my work with Pierce, refusing to leave until he got the details, telling me I needed to cut back on my drinking...

So I snapped. I ran at the guy with my bottle and tried to cave his fucking head in. It... wasn't my fault. I was drunk, I just lost control, I saw red. He stopped me though, and started yelling at me, calling me the "worst assistant ever". I feel like I sobered up immediately, and the regret kicked in hard. What the fuck is wrong with me? He was like, my friend right? He was probably just concerned. Still... the stress of everything, I just fucking snapped!

[Image: V6A0GgF.png]

Maybe I need to... figure out some lifestyle changes or something. I dunno. I'm gonna go think about things. Tonight was... rough.
Faust
(Apr 23, 2021 at 12:30 AM)Dr. Jim Hawke Wrote:
Maybe I need to... figure out some lifestyle changes or something. I dunno. I'm gonna go think about things. Tonight was... rough.
We'll get that drink someday Hawke
Nurse Luna Wayne
[Image: r6spM4g.png]

I don't even know if there's a point to us giving our testimony, we just spent all night at that awful excuse for a "Funk-Off". I expected a band, or at least... you know, something. Instead I got to watch Senpai spill his guts all over a video game from the early 2010s. Really great night, Summer. Thank you so much for inviting me.

You're welcome! It was sooooo cool to watch Senpai try to wrangle together the unruly crowd! Only the heart of a true hero could stand against the likes of that awful Violent Jimin! I thought we were all goners when he came in and ran up onstage, but Senpai really showed that chump who's boss!

Your "true hero" just got kicked in the face and collapsed like a wet rag, he didn't do anything at all.

It takes a real man to take a blow like that and still be standing to give testimony the next day! He's so brave!

[Image: duNYKeh.png]

I wouldn't exactly say that, but to Senpai's credit, his statement's pretty much on point when it comes to what went down at the Funk Off, at least as far as I know. Summer and I were busy talking to Garth Marenghi most of the time.

He wanted to cast us in a movie!

Yeah, but I dunno about Darkplace. Again, call me when he's adapting Slicer or something. You know, one of his good works. Anyway, I'll also put it out there that Senpai didn't wrangle us into some kind of murder plot, unless he's been talking to Summer on the side somehow. I'm not gonna vouch for her.

[Image: zzgTdUf.png]

Rude!

Correct. Anyway, when the Funk-Off was over and whoever did that whole "Lockdown" thing made sure that no one else was gonna show, we headed out into the hall and tried to wake up Robuster and Shoey. DK West came by, and I told him not to bother with any of this stuff. Seemed like he wanted to go to the Funk-Off, but not only was it locked down now, but it also just sucked.

We went back to the dorm after that! I dunno where all the gas came from, but I'm glad it at least took out a creep like Jimin!

Yeah... the jar is weird. I don't know if it was thrown in, or if it was just hidden there in the smoke machine the whole time, but either way I have no idea how the jar actually, you know, broke or opened or anything.
DK West
Can we tell how that jar broke? Was it something inside, or an external force?

Anything in the VR Room that could've done it? With the proper VR settings, obviously.
Faust
(Apr 23, 2021 at 1:44 AM)DK West Wrote: Can we tell how that jar broke? Was it something inside, or an external force?

to add to this, could we grab one of the other jars and have someone slam into it from a lunge?
Spooks?
(Apr 23, 2021 at 1:44 AM)DK West Wrote: Can we tell how that jar broke? Was it something inside, or an external force?

Anything in the VR Room that could've done it? With the proper VR settings, obviously.
It looks as though it fell over or something, rather than exploded due to pressure. The shards aren't particularly far apart or anything. The lid is lying on the ground next to the shards, though with no glass around it, making it seem like it was unscrewed before the glass broke. You aren't sure though, it might have just broken in a convenient way as well.

It doesn't look as though anything immediately present in the VR Room jumps out at you as an obvious "offender". There is Garth Marenghi's tripod and the cardboard cutout he placed by the door, but you'd have to straight up whack the jar with it to knock it over.

While examining the jar, you notice that underneath the bleach smell is a hint of ammonia.

(Apr 23, 2021 at 2:03 AM)Faust Wrote:

to add to this, could we grab one of the other jars and have someone slam into it from a lunge?
You grab one of the other glass jars from the big box in the Warehouse, reducing the count to 99.

You wind yourself up and go lunging across the room at it, slamming into the jar with your foot. It falls over and shatters. Flimsy things, these.
Hu Tao
I try to slam Cirno's head into the railing to recreate her head wound. Is my average human strength sufficient to do so?
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
[Image: QnNVUZq.png]

Well... I've never been one to celebrate death but I'm... close to being grateful that Violent Jimin is gone. Dangerous, unpredictable, and worst of all, a member of the Yakuza. I'm glad everyone's safe at least. Or... safer I suppose, now that a person like that isn't stalking the halls anymore.

Except for Cirno. Poor girl, cursed by that tablet of hers and now... gone. I didn't know her very well, but she didn't deserve to go like that. I'm... kind of afraid of heights. Being thrown down a mountain is definitely up there on my list of ways I don't want to die. Still, I hope she's found some modicum of peace now that she's free of the curse.

[Image: bJWQ08x.png]

I should probably stop my mourning now, huh? I guess we've got yet another mystery to solve, and preventing an innocent death is more important than moping over something that already happened.

When the night started, I was sitting in my office reading a book. Have you checked out the Slicer series by Garth Marenghi? He introduced me to it while we were filming Darkplace last night, and I haven't been able to put these books down! I had to pull myself away though when Dark Souls II knocked on my back door. They were dressed in this big coat and balaclava, for a second I thought I was getting mugged, what with that knife they were waving around and everything.

I let them in to talk for a while anyway though. Someone being dressed like mugger certainly doesn't mean they deserve to be left out in the cold.

[Image: 3NbL1Bb.png]

When Dark Souls II left back out my back door, I was almost settled back in to read again, when someone knocked on my front door this time. I open it and spy the ASMR Youtuber, looking to interview me for their show. Haha, I guess I really am still popular. First Darkplace and now this. What's next, I get a special TV spot on GhostQuest?

I walk for a bit with her, sharing my story. For a second it felt like I was one of my patients. I don't get to talk very often about my life, usually because nobody asks, but lately everyone's been so curious. It's healthy though, I think. I also love to hear people's stories, it's why I'm in the field I am. I'm always happy to return the favor.

[Image: MrTNYZg.png]

Eventually we split off, and I encountered Rio Ranger. Rio and I have been talking quite a bit over the past little while actually, they're quite an interesting individual once you get past their brash attitude and... murderous tendencies. I always try to look for the good in everyone, and I don't think Rio Ranger is as bad as they seem to think. IAnyway, we went off to the Lounge to talk a bit more. It's got a nice atmosphere, when there isn't someone passed out drunk at the bar at least, haha.

We talked in here for quite a while, then went our separate ways. Rio Ranger went out to the Patio, and I decided to head back to my office to finish Slicer III before the book signing for Slicer IV tomorrow.

[Image: 0OSz3OL.png]

Speaking of tomorrow, I'm still very much considering hosting a game night for you all, to help us unwind a bit and encourage creative problem solving that doesn't involve killing each other. I'll be sure to give more details tonight, in case you're interested.

[Image: cvIvAzL.png]

And uh... Maybe try not to make Dr. Pierce too angry. I don't want any of you getting hurt because she does... something to try and keep you out of her stuff. I'm not trying to be on her side or anything, trust me, but I'm just trying to look out for you. At least try to be a little more subtle than just brute-force smashing your way into her off-limits stuff.
Among Us
[Image: fDF058I.png]
[Image: ZcTrsa0.png]
[Image: lWy5oJZ.png]
[Image: 856BGJO.png]
[Image: pI9UgLb.png]
Among Us
[Image: vk9DXrY.png]
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
(Apr 23, 2021 at 3:47 AM)Among Us Wrote: [Image: vk9DXrY.png]
[Image: QnNVUZq.png]

Aww, there goes my surprise.

I wanted to make some cool stuff for the tabletop session tomorrow, like a dungeon map and some set dressings, maybe a sign or something. I was hoping to surprise everyone when I busted out a cool miniature figure for the boss fight or something, but I guess the cat's out of the bag now.

[Image: cimBSla.png]

And the screwdriver's to try to fix the sound system in the Rec Room to play some ambience. For some reason whenever I put a disc in there, it just makes this bizarre, deep clunking noise. How am I supposed to build atmosphere without any way to play audio?

I hope one of you guys didn't break it. I needed that, you know.
Spooks?
(Apr 23, 2021 at 2:35 AM)Hu Tao Wrote: I try to slam Cirno's head into the railing to recreate her head wound. Is my average human strength sufficient to do so?
You grab Cirno by the head and slam her against the railing again, this time in a new spot. The angle is a bit awkward, but you're definitely strong enough to do so. Still, you think it'd be tough to do properly without either considerable dexterity or the person being slammed literally not even attempting to struggle or fight back.