Are millenials responsible for games being less challenging these days?

DrMinusWorld
I remember playing games in the 80s, there was a real sense of challenge. The game didn't just save for you every ten seconds, it didn't hold you hand. You were expected to do well on your own, if you lost, it was your own fault and you'd go back to the beginning having hopefully learned something when you try again. You'd have to commit to the game to eventually beat it, sometimes for months. Is the easiness of newer games in comparison a side effect of lazy, irresponsible millenials not being willing to commit to stuff?

Update:
Indie games are just shadows of what we once had, I won't accept them as real games.

Update 2:
Games like Ghosts 'n Goblins, the original Castlevania, or the 2D Ninja Gaiden games, made you think and work for your victory. They didn't reward you for running into things blindly like Call of Duty and other such trash. They didn't hold your hand and tell you where to go. They let you work out stuff for yourself, something Millenials have never done.

Update 3:
I'm so tired of games giving you quest markers or maps, what happened to the days when you'd have to work things out for yourself? They even feel the need to put text on our screen to remind us of what we have to do! I miss when they let you write down what you had to do for yourself, it was so much more immersive. Fast Travel in open worlds is a terrible idea too, why do game devs think we want the game to take us places for us when we can easily get there ourselves?

Update 4:
A lot of people are telling me indie games are hard... I must say though, to me they'd be a cakewalk! I grew up in a time when games challenged you. Indie games may seem hard to younger people, but that's just because they're used to easy modern AAA games.

Update 5:
Stories have ruined games as far as I'm concerned, if you're playing a game for a story, you're playing it for the wrong reason, you're SUPPOSED to enjoy the gameplay of the... GAME, not a story. If you feel the need to turn down the difficulty for the story, I'm afraid you're not a real gamer, you're a movie watcher! You may as well put on a DVD, don't even bother playing anything.
ASMR Youtuber
i play games for the aesthetic
Draku
ummm what is supposed to be wrong about this one doctor...................................
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
real video games are supposed to have good lore, good online and good graphics. just look at the name: VIDEO games. it needs to be like a good video from blockbuster (rest in peace) such as the hobbit battle of five arnies or transformers 5. idk what you mean by challenge but that's not important