Is a pineapple a good gift in Japan?

DrMinusWorld
say that I'm in Japan to visit a friend. is it fine to gift them a pineapple? is it better to gift it to them on a specific holiday?
Draku
why are you fixated on the pineapple specifically? and in what way is a singular grocery store fruit a gift? do you just have a pineapple in your fridge that you don't want so you want to give it away as a gift? but if you're already in japan, that would mean it's in THEIR house already and they probably bought it. are you going to take it out of their own kitchen and go "well here you go my good friend, one pineapple picked out just for you" and then jam it into their hands as they stare at you blankly, the spines of the fruit jamming into their palms as they bleed

"あーありがとう。。。”

perhaps you hid the pineapple in their home but it's a fucking pineapple my dude, that kinda stands out. what did you do, bury it in soil with the top sticking out to disguise it as a potted plant? "sorry mate, i had to bring my plant with me, my neighbors couldn't take care of it". yeah im sure that will work, jackass
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
pineapple giving day already passed in march. though if you recieved a pineapple and you were displeased with it, you can return it any time this month