recently watched season 1 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

God
so i get the gist of it, good guy plays one-ups with the bad guy until JoJo's partner gets killed and he takes revenge, all the girls get sexually objectified and more or less end up being passive plot devices for JoJo and We Know What's Going To Happen In Every Episode.

i kind of get the appeal to it but i have a feeling each season is going to be the same rehash of the same tropes. does it change? does it get better? shall i bother with carrying on watching it?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
joseph is the best one so if you didn't like his part you're not going to like the next couple, if any
God
not saying i didn't like it, but that i'd rather use my time on other shows if it's just more of the same. i actually preferred Jonathan's arc to Joseph's. also what's up with calling the only black character Smokey Brown lol wtf.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Saltonara
Part 4 is very much different and is easily my favorite part. It's generally more comical than other parts, and until the last arcs when Yoshihiro gets really desperate, it's not really the "meet a bad guy and beat the shit out of him" thing every arc that it was for the first 3 parts. Also, while women do still get objectified in a way, it's definitely not in the same way as the first couple parts and is actually displayed as being this... "unfavorable" thing. While there is a little romance in part 4, it doesn't follow the same format as the previous parts (helpless girl and big strong man fall in love). Quite the opposite, actually.
Despite the "unfavorable" statement Yoshikage is still easily the best Jojo villain ever and is my favorite Jojo character. Fuck you.
I would be more inclined to say if you didn't like part 4, you wouldn't like the rest of the series.
Yeah; that's the thing about JoJo. Now that you've watched and mildy enjoyed the first season you're now obligated to watch until part 4. Particularly because it really is the best part(imo) and with it being mystery themed I guarantee if nothing else you don't know what will happen EVERY episode.

Part 3 is weak but it's more about the Journey; it presents itself seriously but you really shouldn't take it serious at all. It's fun and there are plenty of iconic moments scattered about which make it a fan-favorite.

tl;dr keep going; if you absolutely cannot stomach part 3, watch the last couple episodes then start part 4
Shedinja
jojo lets the tumblr memes sink in late into the series so you might enjoy it the further you're into it
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
GRIMglamfire
its pretty good suffer through it
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
geno7
part 3 is where i think i really got into it honestly. like the manga, the fight scenes became less slow and strategic and a lot faster and more dynamic. plus yeah it does switch to a more "fight the guy of the week" format but it's a lot more creative and dynamic than most shows of its kind, its more of a weird supernatural horror action serial and each fight is totally unformulaic
geno7
also yeah admittedly the women were kinda cliche and objectified and the men were somewhat mysogynistic at some points in the first two and a half-ish parts. it could be justified because there was a lotta casual misogyny during the time periods at which the parts take place, but in any event araki himself said that his view on women has changed a lot since then and that he regrets a lotta that stuff. and it does change later on for the most part, we get some really amazing woman characters. i mean still really blatantly sexualized but honestly not any more than the men characters are
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
GRIMglamfire
jolyne
[Image: tumblr_mcfkee_ABc_D1rtlpz7.jpg]
Fun With Despair
I honestly only like Parts 1 and 2. Maybe it's lame, but the atmosphere felt better, and the stakes much higher than all the other parts I bothered to check out.

It's an unpopular opinion though.