[Day 6 - Investigation] - Grave Robbery

Spooks?
A new day dawns at Nadare. A new victim. A new mystery to solve.

But things have changed. The Crimson Eye grows ever larger as a threat, and long-held secrets draw ever closer to exposure. As Dr. Pierce grows more desperate, and her control of the facility begins to slip, will Nadare's prisoners finally find the answers they seek? Will the Crimson Eye's illusive operatives finally be revealed?

Perhaps, perhaps not.

But for now, a corpse awaits in the Surgery Ward, in a rather strange state indeed. Torn asunder by countless means, perhaps this corpse hides some of the information you seek, deep within the mystery behind its untimely demise.

[Image: 5cPbeNA.png]

[Image: 6qhfpn8.png]

@Robert Winters has been found dead in the SURGERY WARD, seemingly blown apart into multiple pieces. He has several other wounds beyond this. He was diagnosed with the Common Cold, which was upgraded to the Head Cold through a role upgrade.

The J4-CK was mortally wounded tonight. She will be repaired in one night's time.

role description:

[Image: MUAK9wY.png][Image: RxfqLSR.png]

You've gotta be kidding. Was your plan seriously to try and traumatize me with Jack's body? Please, I know how your shit works, that wasn't actually her. How does it feel to have your fucked-up experiment get blown to bits?

Get your head out of your ass, I don't care enough to try and trigger you, Hawke. I chose Jack because my Head of Security brought her to me, if you have any problems, take them up with with him.

Oh, and nice hat. I see you're back on the drink again. You have yourself a wild night, Dr. Hawke? I called it. I'd be proud of myself, if it wasn't for the fact that you're dragging yourself back to an early gr-

Actually, I AM proud of myself.

No, I.... I rolled a 1 on the d20.

And it's called "MODERATION", going cold turkey is bad for you. Besides, I need it for my role power. You know, to protect against your fucking psycho robot! She tried to like, I dunno. Attack me or something. Ask Waltar. I don't know what kind of targeting system you're using, but I almost died! Probably!

[Image: hugbiUr.png][Image: H5slYN6.png]

Interesting... Either you're with the Crimson Eye, you possess some level of chthonic technology on your person, or... Perhaps I used too much void conduit. I'll have to refine the formula when I rebuild her after the... unfortunate lethal blow she suffered tonight. The "insanity" side effect is rather tedious to deal with. Her targeting system will need some tweaks as well...

...You aren't the one who blew her head apart, are you Hawke?

What are you talking about? You think I shot her or something?

No, no. Didn't think so. I suppose you were too busy murdering Mr. Winters then, weren't you?

You all think I'm the monster for modifying someone's corpse for the purpose of defense, but most of you are attempted killers. Hank Hill, for instance. A pathetic attempt, I'll have you fired once this is all over, mark my words.

[Image: MkupWys.png]

And for the love of god, if you're going to keep killing people, at least dispose of a SINGLE fucking Crimson Eye.

[Image: lNrPDwX.png][Image: 0KbGpFE.png]

I thought that was her robot's job? Seems like that didn't work out too well for her. Maybe she'll stop experimenting on our departed now, but... I think she's going to keep trying. Just a sneaking suspicion. Are we going to have to start hiding corpses from her and her inner circle?

No way! That's be totally suspicious, if someone caught you messing around with a corpse. Even if you didn't kill 'em, you'd be first on the electric chair! ZAP! POW! Those things like, explode your head, don't they?

..I've had enough with corpses for one night. At this point I might as well start applying for embalming jobs, if we ever get out of here.

Oh? Has Dr. Pierce been forcing you to help her? And no, Summer. They don't "explode your head", haha. They just electrocute you to death. Or light you on fire, assuming it's improperly configured. Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't go moving bodies around after all. That sounds awfully painful.

No, not Dr. Pierce. Worse, DK West.

Well, it looks like you're okay at least. I'm glad.

You doing okay, Dr. Wexlyn? You seem a little different today. You involved in a murder or something? I'll keep your secret, you can trust me!

[Image: eNNI1b7.png][Image: ol5GW8J.png]

Sorry, I've been... distracted a bit. Nothing like murder.

Don't worry about me, Summer. I just... think I might be getting to the bottom of a certain mystery. About the goings-on here, I mean. I'm fine, just contemplating things.

Exciting! You gotta tell me if you figure it out!

Sure, I'll make sure to do that. The enthusiasm is appreciated. Who doesn't love solving a good mystery, after all. For now... let's worry about Mr. Winters. He seems to be in pretty bad shape, huh?

case files:
-Robert Winters is lying dead in several pieces in the Surgery Ward
-There is a gunshot wound in the middle of his forehead
-His throat is slit
-He appears to be badly burned
-He is covered in vomit
-He is dressed in a hazmat suit
-There is vomit elsewhere in the Surgery Ward, though not close to the corpse.
-There is a huge hole in the Lounge floor, leading to Dr. Pierce's Office

other information:
-Robbydude's legs are missing
-J4-CK was heavily damaged
-There is a tape recorder on the desk in the Lobby, it appears to have a new recording on it

[Image: ioIYiTI.png]

[Image: ghZ52Kt.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: E0ejTDw.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: jmWkFG5.png]

room descriptions:

CURRENT PLAYERS

STAFF:
@Kids TV Show Host
@Bigfoot
@Faust
@Hank Hill
@Among Us
@Senpai

PATIENTS:
@Professional Robuster
@Hu Tao
@ASMR Youtuber
@Rio Ranger

EXPERIMENTS:
@Nemesis
@Deathborn
@Dark Souls II
@°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
@Garth Marenghi
@Mr Waltar Whité

NPCs:
@Dr. Morgan Pierce
@Dr. Jim Hawke
@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
@"Nurses"

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end June 2nd at 8 PM PST.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.
Deathborn
Investigate the body.

Or, uh... what's left of it.
Rio Ranger
Show me the Lobby's tape recorder.
Fun With Despair
(Jun 1, 2021 at 12:58 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Investigate the body.

Or, uh... what's left of it.
Robert Winters is completely dismembered, seemingly by an explosion. His limbs are scattered around, and his torso is lying in the Aquarium. You notice that he has a stab wound in his chest, as well as a gunshot wound through his forehead, right between his eyes. He's covered in vomit and what smells like cinnamon, and his eyes are bulging out of his head.

His hands and feet show signs of being bound by something, and he appears to have been... slow roasted, on top of everything else.
Mr Waltar Whité
INVESTIGATE THE LOUNGE AND PIERCE'S OFFICE
INVESTIGATE THE SURGERY WARD
[Image: unknown.png]
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 1:02 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: INVESTIGATE THE LOUNGE AND PIERCE'S OFFICE
INVESTIGATE THE SURGERY WARD
You investigate the Lounge first. A large hole has been blown in the center, and the remains of propane tanks are scattered around haphazardly. You peer down the hole into Dr. Pierce's office. It appears as though you can drop down safely onto the pile of rubble below. You do so, and you look around the room.

Besides the pile of rubble, a trowel is lying on the floor.

You examine the rest of the office. It is a heavily restricted and private office belonging to Dr. Morgan Pierce, with a large window overlooking the mountains. There are several racks of files, one rack containing purple files and one rack containing normal files, shelves of occult books, and a terminal with monitors in the bottom right corner. The e-Pass reader on the door is nonfunctional, allowing access.

You look around the Surgery Ward next, stepping out through her door.

Robert Winters is scattered around, all four of his limbs lying in various positions around the room. His torso is dressed in a hazmat suit, though it is heavily damaged. It looks as though something blew him up, judging by the scorch marks around him. His face and front are covered in vomit and cinnamon. Some more vomit is across the room by Dr. Hawke's office.
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 12:58 AM)Rio Ranger Wrote: Show me the Lobby's tape recorder.
You check out the tape recorder in the lobby. Maybe this time it has something useful?

You click the play button...

tape recorder:

The voice sounds... very familiar. It's doing a pretty awful impression though.
Dark Souls II
investigate the oven in the cafeteria

and probably just the kitchen/cafeteria in general
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 1:42 AM)Dark Souls II Wrote: investigate the oven in the cafeteria

and probably just the kitchen/cafeteria in general
You investigate the oven. The inside is covered in blood, which appears to mostly be burned. The area around the oven has a bunch of rags lying around, all vaguely scorched and filthy. The entire kitchen is flooded, the sink overflowing. A mug floats in the water, filled with what looks to be a brown powder.

You can't tell what the floor was like at the time of death, due to the water sloshing around. You turn off the sink, just to let it all drain out anyway.
Nemesis
Has anything in the terrarium been disturbed?
Mr Waltar Whité
Ask Hawke to perform an autopsy on the victim
[Image: unknown.png]
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 1:57 AM)Nemesis Wrote: Has anything in the terrarium been disturbed?
It does not appear as though anything in the Terrarium has been disturbed since it was last checked, thankfully.

(Jun 1, 2021 at 2:01 AM)Mr Waltar Whité Wrote: Ask Hawke to perform an autopsy on the victim
Dr. Hawke leans down next to the victim and begins his autopsy.

He mentions various things as he goes, pointing out what the deal with these injuries is. As far as he can tell, the stab wound and the bullet wound could have been fatal, and if not, they were at least close to his death. The burns, throat slitting, and dismemberment were postmorten though. He also looks as though he was choking, hence the vomit and the bulging eyes. Looks like his lungs were full of cinnamon on top of everything else.
Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
[Image: Xjx1EQG.png]

I feel like it's an opportune time to post about my account. Hey, everyone.

You're probably expecting an account from me, I know I would be. But... I'm on the verge of something, I think. I'm going to withhold my testimony, just in case.

It has nothing to do with the murder. It's part of my own, personal investigation. I think I might have an idea as to the identity of someone very important, if only a fleeting idea. I just need... a little more. Until then, well, I'm fine if everyone who saw me wants to talk about what we did.

It'll make sense... eventually.

[Image: AsgYtC7.png]

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll help however else I can, I promise!
Dark Souls II
- wake up, and immediately grab one of my human effigies

HUMANITY RESTORED

- much better. rush into garth's bedroom but he's not there, so grab a shirt and take it with me
- enter the hall, see DK WEST and THE NURSES heading south from the elevator before running to the elevator myself
- head through the lobby, cable car station, and gift shop into the cafeteria
- head into the kitchen to grab a frying pan for defense when i smell something cooking in the oven. i look inside and its ROBERT WINTERS, being cooked with his limbs bound. i couldn't tell if he was alive or not but based on what we know he was likely already dead at this point. without thinking i just slam the oven shut and run the fuck out
- head to the courtyard via the fountain and equipment path
- set the shirt on fire and create a new bonfire with my other effigy
- head toward the center of the yard, seeing AMONG US enter equipment and notice SOMEONE standing in the woods
- go toward the woods and notice a file nearby, taking it with me. i then go toward the figure and it's a MOTIONLESS WOMAN. i go to look at it but before i can get much further, something hot and fast rushes by my head. SOMEONE, likely my attacker, runs and ducks behind the motionless woman. i get the fuck away before i fucking die again because i JUST got back
- run back to the courtyard and see WEXLYN exit his office oh thank god i can actually talk to him for once
- vent about my frustrations and he comforts me. he's a good guy. he tells me he trusts me and i return the favor
- after we talk head to the outdoor storage and get a saw to cut my own hand off later
- notice HOGWARTS dragging ROBUSTER outside from wexlyn's office as i head back into equipment
- head through history hall and pharmacy and then into drug storage to get some pain relief
- see OBAMA MACHINE hunched over on the workbench, reanimated via tube system. his eyes are milky white, the entire front of his body is covered in blood, and he grins when he sees me. i scream loudly, abandon the saw my own hand off plan and get the fuck out of there
- head through cable car station and into the lounge, noticing a huge hole that leads into pierce's office. ASMR YOUTUBER is in here, knocked out
- walk into the patio to attempt to push someone off, but see GARTH and ROBUSTER arguing on the roof so i'm not able to kill
- head out through the cable car station and lobby and then back downstairs to go to bed
- i hate being dark souls ii
Bigfoot
(Jun 1, 2021 at 2:55 AM)Dr. Alexander Wexlyn Wrote:
[Image: Xjx1EQG.png]

I feel like it's an opportune time to post about my account. Hey, everyone.

You're probably expecting an account from me, I know I would be. But... I'm on the verge of something, I think. I'm going to withhold my testimony, just in case.

It has nothing to do with the murder. It's part of my own, personal investigation. I think I might have an idea as to the identity of someone very important, if only a fleeting idea. I just need... a little more. Until then, well, I'm fine if everyone who saw me wants to talk about what we did.

It'll make sense... eventually.

[Image: AsgYtC7.png]

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll help however else I can, I promise!
coatguy confirmed
Faust
to add on top of hawke's, I'd like to perform my own autopsy to be thorough
Spooks?
(Jun 1, 2021 at 3:33 AM)Faust Wrote: to add on top of hawke's, I'd like to perform my own autopsy to be thorough
You perform an autopsy of your own.

Hmmm... Upon looking closer, you don't think the knife to the stomach did the trick, at least not by itself. In your personal opinion, you also don't think the gunshot killed him, stating it to have been post-mortem.
Faust
I'd like to attempt to determine the cause of the budging eyes as well
Faust
wake up
realize that I'm still wearing luna's clothes from last night
remove robbydude's legs, pass by a disgusted asmr youtuber as I head to the patient ward
provide brand new legs to rio

I attempt to chat up the nurses but amr youtuber bursts inn, yells "PRANKED" and tries to bash my head in with a frying pan

change into my coat guy impersonation outfit, which I prepared and used the previous night, in thge rerrarium control room
an explosion sounds from the lounge, a purple glow comes from the stairs as jack emerges, her right eye glowing purple
her right hand morphs into a bladed whip and I book it out of there, through the lobby, gallery, pharmacy, and finally the drug supply
I crawl through the vent here to emerge in the cafeteria

on leaving the vent, I see a large figure in the kitchen, holding robert, I take this opportunity to shoot winters in the head but it seems to be a wasted shot as he was already fucked
I climb back into the vent and haul ass to wexy's office, but the figure followed me through
they emerge shortly after I do, I see that it is the bag-headed senpai, and they swing their knife wildly at me
I dodge and fire some rounds at them, they flee into the hallway and almost bowl over tv show host, I chase them and then someone with a black coat, white hair, and a gas mask shows up from equipment and points a gun of their own at me, and then jack pops in to say hi

tv show host manages to get into wexy's office, gas mask changes focus from me to jack and lunges at them with a taser, landing it causing jack to malfunction, they then book it out of there
bah head tosses their knife at me and I fire at them in response, the knife sticks in my shoulder as my bullet grazes theirs
they attempt to leave the same way gas mask went, but jack recovers and lunges at them
in response, bag head snaps their fingers and monokuma pops in and begins to fight jack off, bag head takes off
I head down the elevator shaft, enter vr control room, remove my outfit, then attempt to go to hazardous materials to dispose of it
seeing some hazmat in the laboratory fiddling with chemicals on the way, I get to hazardous materials and discover that my access level has dropped to 1 somehow so I cannot enter
I toss the costume into the mandrill maze instead

head to pierce's room to chat her up, hankn hillen is knocked out on top of some rubble and a hole is in the ceiling

she claims that, as the experimental subjects she works with are already dead, nobody is being harmed in the process

robo-jack is mechanical in nature and posesses no soul

I ask why the crimson eye might be interested in her, she says that it's unlikely to be any of her experiments but rather what she took from the XW corp when it went down
or the last remaining sample of lazarin

bed
Senpai
[Image: senpaiheadshotangy.png]

I don't fucking know what to say.

I tried to improve. I've taken part in your shitty Dungeons & Dragons night. I've avoided places where I'm unwelcomed. I've tried to honestly connect with Summer and Luna. I even tried to off that stupid shithead spaceman Pierce is fucking, for everyone's benefit. And yet somehow, without fail, time and time again, I'm beat to the fucking curb by some asshole before I can even blink. Rather than even a simple, teensy weensy thank you, I'm ""owned"" left and right and treated like actual scum. It's excruciating, and I'm done giving any of you the benefit of the doubt, Nurses included. So Senpai is going permanently solo. Consider yourselves warned, because I will not be kind to any one of you shitstains.

I woke up and went upstairs. Thankfully, nobody decided to forcefully rip my clothes off of my body before I woke up, although the fact that I even see that as an upside shows how fucking rock bottom this entire experience has been. I took the elevator up, then continued my way into the Cafeteria through the Cable Car Station and Gift Shop. Somebody had put caution tape all over the new entrance leading into the cafeteria? They should wrap sheets of the shit all around the building.

Once I stepped into the kitchen, I saw Rob Winters talking with the drunk, probably about literally nothing of value. While they were distracted, I pocketed a knife, because I intended to sever Among Us's head from his neck and reattach it to his groin. But before I get around to that...

[Image: senpaiheadshot.png]

The Nurses, fair maidens that they are, were waiting for me in the Lounge! Tonight was a bit more serious than other nights, though. I wanted to talk with Luna a bit more, get to know her better, and as for Summer, there was... something I wanted to confess to her. So imagine my genuine surprise and joy when Summer openly beckoned me into the space, arms outstretched. Finally, I was making progress with them.

Or at least, that's what I fucking thought.

Naturally, nothing can ever go my way ever, so right as I step foot into the Lounge, who should pop out but the shitwad YouTuber. Nice swing with the frying pan, Rapunzel. Am I about to end up in your fucking Worldstar "get rekt" compilation?

I don't know, I've been smacked around, bruised, injured, and I've probably sustained an unbelievable number of concussions from you twats. But this one... this one hurt the most, because Summer and Luna were in on it. I thought they were better than that. Clearly I was wrong about them.

So whatever, I got knocked out, you know how this shit goes, and I woke up later with a throbbing in my head... but also my entire body. I could hardly see around me because of dust and debris. Seemed like somebody really fucked with the station while I was out. I managed up to my feet, turned around -

That's when I nearly fucking died.

Nemesis, the hulking asshat giant, lunged straight towards me, and shoved me directly off the edge of the Station. I was immediately freefalling, the cliffs beneath me approaching at an unbelievable speed. In that moment, my life flashed before my eyes, and... and my worse fears had been realized. I had been nothing but a fucking loser the entire time.

I guess Nemesis had some form of sympathy for me, because he caught me with his tentacle and yanked me back up. I wonder if he should've just finished the job. He stomped off, and I nearly collapsed into the floor from the pure shock and adrenaline of it all. Eventually, I managed myself back up to my shaking legs, and stepped out to find-

[Image: senpaiangry.gif]

You.

The worst criminal in this entire fucking facility, the one who has earned the most ire from me of anybody in this maddening complex: the person who stole my clothes. This fake-ass phony was charging by with my clothes, and I wasn't about to have any of it. Also, I was mad. Unbelievably pissed. It was pure fury that unleashed my fist into their gut, and they let out a grunt, which seemed rather feminine in quality. Perfect, that only narrows down my Punt to the Moon list. Before I can rip my clothes off their body, they brandish a knife, and swing it wildly at me before dashing to the gift shop. That'll fucking teach you, bitch.

Don't think for a second I was calm, though. The person with the clothes had still gotten away, and I still had the fury of a thousand suns coursing through my veins. I was going to set out, and I was going to fucking murder Among Us and stake his head for all to see. I took the elevator back downstairs, and conveniently enough, there he was, with his bloody-diarrhea colored suit and unbelievable boner for Morgan Pierce. He was looking for something at Hawke's office, so when his back was turned, I took out my knife and charged for his throat.

A moment later, there was a crash behind me, and I was swatted away from the little fucker by the same dickface who attempted to murder me before. Nemesis, towering over the fountain. I got up, turned to him, and grinned. It felt good, actually. It felt super fucking good to let go in that moment, to let my instincts take over. It was David vs. Goliath, and I wasn't about to go down without any goddamn fight.

I raced towards him, pointing the knife exactly for his heart. The first blow struck his chest but bounced off easily, and the monster laughed. Wrong fucking move, buddy. My blood was boiling, and I intended to spill his. My next swipe went for the stomach, and I shinked him with enough force that I managed a sizeable slice straight through his outer skin. His fury mounted in that next moment, and I was decked squarely in the face, leaving my night to its dramatic close. At least now nobody can say that Senpai has never gone down without a fucking fight.

That's everything. Forget about the invitation to talk from last time, Luna. I couldn't give a shit anymore. From here on out, it's Senpai, all for himself. I will not continue to be a loser.