Poll: Fuchsia or Magenta

Magenta
62.50%
Fuchsia
37.50%
Total: 16 vote(s)
God
i thibk in life ppl overestimate how specific they truly need to be. jus be a lil more loose coz specifics cause wars and pain
God
there is no incorrect usage. language is not, never ever prescriptive
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
yea thats a whole other debate tbh
kaZaam
describing colors is kind of a funny metaphor for language in general huh
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
God
its not a whole other debate, you just dont want to be held accountable for your discriminations
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
kaZaam
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:00 PM)Yrr Wrote: i have a problem w/ people trying to convince me the incorrect usage is like factually accurate
its just that kinda seemed like what you were doing
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:00 PM)Yrr Wrote: factual accuracy
doesn't exist i could say that color is green and you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong
God
i aint gonna have someone say that my worldview is wrong/illegitimate and then be like 'uhhh yeah thats another story' when i call them out on it lmao
Yrrzy
nah its just like would you say holland is just the english word for the netherlands now just cause everyone uses it that way
Yrrzy
ffs i didnt call your worldview wrong i thought you were talkin definitiions but im long past thinking that
God
part if my worldview is that that colour is pik
God
(Sep 29, 2016 at 11:05 PM)Yrr Wrote: nah its just like would you say holland is just the english word for the netherlands now just cause everyone uses it that way

ya sure
Yrrzy
fair enough, cant rly go any further w/ this discussion
kaZaam
there is no true definition for color

me calling holland a different name doesn't actually objectively change anything abt it. that's my point. color is completely perceptive so is also completely subjective. obv you think about them a certain way (everyone does) but those definitions are rly only your own
kaZaam
colors are neat
Yrrzy
dw im burning my dulux paint chart rn
kaZaam
why would you do that
God
if someone with tritanopia said that that colour was violet would u say
Yrrzy
nothin really, we're having two like entirely seperate arguments here
God
what are the differences between our arguments
Yrrzy
im talking about colours named for definition and reference purposes ie on colour charts etc, like international standards for use in print and digital media

youre talking about human perceptions of colours and the way we interpret and choose to refer to them

and i think we each [initially] thought the other was talking about the same thing and had some confusion on that

ie i tried to "correct" you cause i though you were talking objective shit too