Who wants to work on the Spells plugin

Spritanium
It's more complicated than I'm really comfortable with
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I'd do it but I left my coding know-how in my other pants.
fucker5
Not me (sorry), but I am curious what spells we're gonna be going with. I like basically everything Oracular has made threads for lol
Draku
(May 17, 2016 at 9:31 AM)toddel streeb Wrote: Not me (sorry), but I am curious what spells we're gonna be going with. I like basically everything Oracular has made threads for lol
spritey made a preliminary list of the more basic ones he came up with that sound reasonable here

costs are def going to change

alignment names also subject to change, i'm not sure i like spritey or oracular's names for them but that's not terribly important

oracular has good ideas but they're a bit complex to start off with, considering we're trying to launch timely enough a lot of them would be later implementations. the bomb concept is definitely something i want in among other funny shit they've come up with
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Yeah I definitely want to get some of Oracular's more complicated ideas implemented at a later date
fucker5
Oracular's class names are good imo. Spritey's alignment names are funny but seem more fitting for spell alignments than global use
Spritanium
(May 17, 2016 at 11:21 PM)toddel streeb Wrote: Oracular's class names are good imo. Spritey's alignment names are funny but seem more fitting for spell alignments than global use

Yep those alignments are for spells only. In the future I hope we can implement Oracular's classes
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(May 18, 2016 at 4:08 AM)wtl Wrote: i envision a big tf2-style update THE CLASS UPDATE

When can we start monetizing cosmetics for your avatar?
Draku
(May 18, 2016 at 5:05 AM)T-man Wrote:
(May 18, 2016 at 4:08 AM)wtl Wrote: i envision a big tf2-style update THE CLASS UPDATE

we should have spells for that shit lmao
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
HATS ON TO YOU
Gives this user's avatar a fancy top hat for one week
Spritanium
(May 18, 2016 at 2:55 PM)T-man Wrote: HATS ON TO YOU
Gives this user's avatar a fancy top hat for one week

Sounds like a cheaper version of New Look (the avatar switching one). I'm down
Shroomguy
So what exactly needs to be done with the plugin?

I know some Smarties who may be down to clown around with this but I gotta be able to pitch it to them the right way.
The Beef Baron
T-man
(May 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: So what exactly needs to be done with the plugin?

As far as I know, basically everything.

Probably the most succinct way to explain it is that we need users to be able to apply various effects to a select post for a set duration in exchange for EXP.
Spritanium
I'll write a Google doc with a detailed explanation of everything we need
T-man
(May 19, 2016 at 12:01 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I'll write a Google doc with a detailed explanation of everything we need

See, if spells were enabled this would be a post worthy of Great Sh*t
Spritanium
(May 18, 2016 at 8:46 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: So what exactly needs to be done with the plugin?

I know some Smarties who may be down to clown around with this but I gotta be able to pitch it to them the right way.

Here you go

This is pretty much all the info I can think of right now. Ideally whoever you pitch this to will be skilled in PHP and MySQL, I can handle any HTML/CSS/JS aspects myself. Thanks!
Spritanium
Had the wrong link, updated
T-man
(May 19, 2016 at 1:31 AM)Spritanium Wrote:

Here you go

This is pretty much all the info I can think of right now. Ideally whoever you pitch this to will be skilled in PHP and MySQL, I can handle any HTML/CSS/JS aspects myself. Thanks!

Oh, and invite your homies to join here so we can discuss discussions.
Gabe Newell
(May 18, 2016 at 5:37 AM)Draku Wrote:
(May 18, 2016 at 5:05 AM)T-man Wrote:

we should have spells for that shit lmao

quoting another post