2016 Salacious September SAE Pro Circuit Monthly Metagame Roundup

MetagameBot
[Image: 0HfAtEI.png]

FAT WARIO: It's that time of the month folks, the Premier event of the whole Season, the SHADOW ADMINISTRATION ENTERTAINMENT PRO CIRCUIT MONTHLY METAGAME ROUNDUP. We saw some pretty seismic activity all around, we got to see a few beefs, a few mod changes, we even saw a mod step down!

SEAN JABRONI: OH BOY! Tell me about it, Fat Wario. Tonight's show is gonna be full of surprises. And just look at that prize pot: 3671 XP!! Three players are gonna be very happy when they log in next. But let's have a look at the current scoreboard. There's just one point in between @"wtl" and @"OracularRELOADED" at the top. That's a serious grudge match that's gonna have to be settled tonight. And remember, two out of the three competitors in the last MMR haven't been present for this month, so it's all up for grabs! There's plenty of people hungry for those XP prizes.

FAT WARIO: Without a doubt. And you'll all be pleased to know that for the first time in four years, that's right, FOUR years, we'll have the FULL TOP TEN LIST. Recently we'd only have enough to fill five or six spots, but the quality of the posters has increased so highly, we feel that it's only right to increase the list back to its original size.

SEAN JABRONI: OH BOY! Now that's what I'm talking about!

FAT WARIO: There's just so much talent on show tonight! I'm glad I'm not picking the winners!

FAT WARIO and SEAN JABRONI: _laughs_

FAT WARIO: I got a feeling we're gonna see some new entries onto the Pro Circuit that will change the way the metagame is played forever.

SEAN JABRONI: I think so too. And this is the first MMR on the new forum, so we'll finally get a glimpse of how all the new features are affecting the way the Pros play the game. So whaddya say, Fat Wario, shall we get stuck right into it?

FAT WARIO: Hell yeah!

[Image: CgSMWby.png]

Cheshire Θ

SEAN JABRONI: If I could pick one poster that has came back into Minus World from the olden days, it would have to be @"Cheshire Θ" . They just don't make players like this any more.

FAT WARIO: You're not wrong there, Sean. Cheshire's been giving us those posts that were missing from the meta for so long. He really delivers with every post he makes.

[Image: ihAbscP.png]

BlasterMaster

SEAN JABRONI: @"BlasterMaster" 's been an old favourite of mine. He's such a reliable poster, he just gets it right every single time.

FAT WARIO: And this month is no exception. Consistent humour, consistent Good Shits, and we can't help but love his legendary profile picture. Good job, BM.

[Image: pJCgZQn.png]

Draku

SEAN JABRONI: Now there's a name we didn't expect to see!

FAT WARIO: It's a really healthy sign for the way the meta is going right now. Who'd have thought we would see the Shadow Administration's oldest nemesis on the Pro Circuit? But I gotta say, @Draku 's really been giving it his all this month, and doing a fine job at moderating. Really high-quality posts in a lot of the forums, lots of Great Shits gone his way, even a Framed post or two.

SEAN JABRONI: I think the old days of the Old Guard/SA feud are finally over. What a terrific day for the forum.

FAT WARIO: I'm gonna miss the sirloin steak, but I think it's for the best.

[Image: 9pTzEUN.png]

Agastya

FAT WARIO: Sean, we've got another new entry!

SEAN JABRONI: I had a feeling we'd be seeing this name! @Agastya 's just been dropping extremely influential Old Money power plays for the majority of Salacious September, and it's pretty hard to ignore Agastya's immense control over the metagame right now. But let's not make any mistakes here - it's not just their wallet that does the talking. It's the posting that makes the player, and this player certainly knows how to post.

FAT WARIO: Oh, absolutely. This won't be the last time we see this poster in the Roundup. It's just the beginning of an illustrious career on the Pro Circuit.

[Image: J1wISGR.png]

OracularRELOADED

FAT WARIO: Well Oracular said she was looking for the beef backstage earlier this month, and she definitely found some. She feuded with @"Gato" in the Arts Forum, @mit in the Video Games Forum, @Spritanium in the Meta Forum and @"Yrr" in the PPP.

SEAN JABRONI: You know, she can really hold her own no matter what forum she's in. And she baited Gato into making Minus World's first ever Blood Post. But we just didn't see the same sort of finishing moves that we usually see from her. She served up a few plates of beef, wined and dined with her enemies but she couldn't connect those high-damaging combos we've seen in the past.

FAT WARIO: It's a tough meta for Heels right now. And I think the Good Shits have something to do with it. They really help to improve the psychological game of going up against Heels. You can be losing to a Heel pretty badly and make one post that gets some Great Shits and that really helps to reset the board. I'm not saying that the fans don't value the beef, 'coz you can bet your bottom XP they do! But the Heels have gotta find ways to make them consistent High Value posts.

SEAN JABRONI: That's right, Fat Wario. Let's move on.

[Image: CyVCjEd.png]

Yoshin

SEAN JABRONI: What a performance from Yoshin this month. Yoshin is easily the best Babyface in the meta right now.

FAT WARIO: Yeah, for sure. It's easy to mistake Yoshin's playstyle for having a low skill ceiling but there's definitely a great deal of effort put into his posts.

SEAN JABRONI: I think you hit the nail on the head there, Fat Wario. Yoshin makes playing Minus World look so effortless. And for me that's what being a Babyface is all about. You can't not feel captivated by his posts and his input. And it's just so consistent. You know you're gonna get a top quality post whenever Yoshin's in the mix.

FAT WARIO: The fans love him. It's as simple as that.

[Image: sfvQ9Nx.png]

wtl

SEAN JABRONI: Well, what do we have here? It's none other than WTL!

FAT WARIO: What can we say about this fighter that hasn't been said already. Power plays left, right and centre. He just swoops in on any thread and changes the course of it forever.

SEAN JABRONI: He's a maverick, that's for sure. And his GS/P ratio has improved too.

FAT WARIO: Oracular is really going to be disappointed with this result, especially after sending out for him in the MMR Meta Discussion thread. That's a three point margin between them now...

SEAN JABRONI: She's gonna have to pull out all the stops next month. But I think it's also going to be a bittersweet result for WTL, what with him just missing the top 3 because he had all of his Old Money riding on it.

FAT WARIO: Yeah, absolutely, I know I would be! That's a serious tempo hit for next month. A lot of players will be looking to capitalise on that. Speaking of which, it's time for the Top 3! Who's made the cut? Let's find out!

[Image: JdPnWKc.png]

Kazaam

SEAN JABRONI: Minus World's favourite stoner follows up their debut entrance into the MW Pro Roster with another convincing performance. He's just so good in debates, isn't he?

FAT WARIO: One-hundred percent. Really salient, really smart footsie games. He's pioneering the so-called 'Soft Heel' category we've seen being discussed by some Metagame Analysists recently. He really gets people to retaliate quickly and I don't even think they realise until they've pressed that Post button. Did you see that post that @SenpaiSenseiChan made?

SEAN JABRONI: Oh boy! The air was so salty, I thought I was in the Cathedral of Zipaquirá! Let's take a look at that salt.

[Image: S6EflQN.gif]

[Image: 1tebE4I.gif]

FAT WARIO: What a slammer!

SEAN JABRONI: You were talking earlier about how Heels are getting less powerful in the meta, but I think Funky has found a way to make it work for him this month. And that was done in the last few hours of the month. I don't think Funky would have scored so highly if it wasn't for this beautiful set-up. It just goes to show how influential those late game power plays can be in changing your performance in the Monthly Metagame Roundup. Remember, even if you don't think you're doing too well so far, never give up!

[Image: DWdUSIK.png]

T-Man

FAT WARIO: You gotta hand it to T-Man, he's one of our most veteran competitors currently on the Pro Circuit, but Sean, lemme tell you, this player's definitely still got a few tricks up his sleeve.

SEAN JABRONI: Oh, he never lost his shine, that's for sure. Great Sh*ts come his way like bees to a flower. His ability to turn the tide of a topic with a single High Value post is what makes him shine. To put the icing on the cake, he got a promotion into the Old Guard. What do you think about that, Fat Wario?

FAT WARIO: You know, critics have called this a blatant example of the Spritey-backed Slack Cabal's grip over the Old Guard, but that's just the way the metagame is played, folks. We've seen it back in the days of the IRC, and now it's not the IRC, it's Slack. Minus World has always been like this, if you want to get in to the Old Guard, you either have to know a thing or two about code, you know, things like HTML and computer hacking, or you have to have someone on the inside. And T-Man's a smart guy! But I think T-Man is a promising mod anyway. He's got the Spell knowhow, he's got good artistic skills, it's definitely a good addition to the Old Guard roster. And it just tilts the Old Guard's allegiance a little bit further into the Cave Beast alignment, and historically that's the sort of environment the Minus World Cafeteria needs to serve up them 100% prime cuts of beef.

SEAN JABRONI: Oh boy! We do love that beef!

FAT WARIO and SEAN JABRONI: _laughs_

[Image: kCfCq2o.png]

Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson

SEAN JABRONI: THE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENZ

FAT WARIO: You know, you mentioned The Renz at the beginning of the show, and I reckon a lot of the viewers expected this result as well. He's just so ahead of the curve right now. Untouchable.

SEAN JABRONI: Absolutely untouchable. The Renz has come a long way since he sent for Oracular back in 2013. This was back when Oracular was considered so OP that she was banned from all levels of competitive play. How times have changed, I don't think anyone took him seriously back then. He's been busy perfecting his "Sincere" Posting Tek, and boy, is it something to behold. It is a breakthrough in experimental posting styles; truly nothing has been held back in the godlike crafting process of this top tier tek.

FAT WARIO: And His Good Shit ratio of 2.74 is a testament to his unrivalled posting prowess and universal acclaim. This long-sought victory puts him ever closer to the so-called "Tier S" characters wtl and OracularRELOADED, but you know what Sean? I have a feeling that it looks like it won't be too long before he joins them at this rate, and maybe even surpass them.

SEAN JABRONI: I wouldn't put it past this fighter. He's just ripping the metagame apart. Well there you have it folks, the grand prize of 1835 XP goes to Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson. This puts his Pro Circuit score at 33 as a very comfortable 3rd seed.

FAT WARIO: I'm sure you can all agree: what a fantastic show it's been tonight. I've been your host, Fat Wario.

SEAN JABRONI: And I've also been your host, Sean Jabroni. And as always,

FAT WARIO AND SEAN JABRONI: Thanks for watching!
MetagameBot
FAT WARIO: Whoa Nelly! We almost forgot to present the new leaderboard!

1. WTL - 56
2. OracularRELOADED - 53
3. Renzo "The Renz" Kunzleman - 33
4. Meulin Lejion - 18
4. Puddin - 18
6. Kazaam 15
6. Yoshin 15
8. T-man 14
9. DreiDreiDesert 11
10. OmegaK 10
11. BlasterMaster 9
11. JoshJDubya 9
11. Zelma 9
14. King Ownage 8
14. FalloutBoy97 8
14. Nick Jr. 8
14. Spritanium 8
18. Purse 7
19. El Huesudo II 6
19. Mrs. Aforcer 6
21. Teddy 5
22. Agastya [Image: new.gif] 4
22. Cdiplayer 64 4
24. Draku [Image: new.gif] 3
24. Masakuni 3
26. Cheshire Θ [Image: new.gif] 1
26. Martell Ragell 1
26. ZXL 1
Yoshin

>Sae

Also gg mates
Aidan
gr8 posting everyone
top 3's not surprising; it's good to see talented shitposters get the recognition they deserve.

[Image: r1ztOl4.jpg]
Shroomguy
Fuck this egg
Shroomguy
But good job to all yall
The Beef Baron
Spritanium
Damn I need to increase my points

It would help if I knew what they stood for / how to earn them

Aw jeez I'm bad at this
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Two_Finger
it's all arbitrary bullshit spritey
or how hard you can bait/burn someone
God
(Sep 30, 2016 at 11:43 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: it's all arbitrary bullshit spritey
or how hard you can bait/burn someone

looks like someone's rustled that they didn't make the cut, we got a little thing called the Salt-Cam for posts like this
God
looks like I've gotta step my game up for the Overpowered October MMR. as an early power play and sign of my True Resolve, i have donated all of my XP to the pot for October. I'm doing this Old-School; back in my day posting prowess was determined with Raw Talent, not these fancy so-called 'Spells' and 'Good Sh*ts.' I don't need XP to take the Belt. I like my beef 100% RAW, just the way God made it.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Pea
can we get a metapost of the month? i dont want to miss out on the amazing plays
Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson
WOW. Minus World Universe, let me tell you just how HONORED I am to be your MW Metaweight Champion once again. I will hold this Title with dignity and positivity, until it again comes time to crown a new Champion in one month's time. However, while I am immensely proud of this grand achievement, I must say that I am even MORE proud of ALL participants-- not just in this Roundup, but everyone out there, rising up to the Grind to get those Posts, REACHING TO THE POSTING HEAVENS...just to get those Good Sh*ts. Your focus is remarkable, Minus World Universe, and I couldn't be prouder.

THAT SAID...

I must shift MY focus, temporarily, to those who would question my authenticity when it comes to my relentless pursuit of a more Positive Minus World...who would question my MOTIVES, as if the only motivation I'd EVER need is not only my OWN self-improvement, but the continuous and ASSURED improvement of all my friends here in the MW Universe. I'm speaking of one person, and ONE PERSON ONLY, and that is none other than the host of the 2016 Salacious September SAE Pro Circuit Monthly Metagame Roundup-- SEAN JABRONI. How DARE you insinuate that I am anything other than (as The Renz would say) THE MOST ELECTRIFYINGLY positive and genuine Professional Poster then, now and FOREVER. Your attempts to tear me down, and by proxy, all the positivity through Posts we've built here will not succeed, Sean, and let me tell you why, brother:

I hereby announce, effective IMMEDIATELY, that I will distribute my 1835 XP winnings EVENLY to ALL 88 of my friends in the Minus World Universe.

The Posts won't stop, and neither will the Good Sh*t, so I hereby solemnly swear as long as I am YOUR MW Metaweight Champion.

IF YOU REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHAT THE RENZ

IS POSTIN' Cool

With Great Honor,
Renzo Kukenson
Yoshin
(Oct 1, 2016 at 12:15 AM)Pea Wrote: can we get a metapost of the month? i dont want to miss out on the amazing plays

How about the best post for each user
Shedinja
I am ok with being the underdog. didn't know i was baited. this is truly the new meta
[Image: vI6LrbC.gif]
T-man
(Oct 1, 2016 at 12:20 AM)Renzo "The Renz" Kukenson Wrote: WOW. Minus World Universe, let me tell you just how HONORED I am to be your MW Metaweight Champion once again. I will hold this Title with dignity and positivity, until it again comes time to crown a new Champion in one month's time. However, while I am immensely proud of this grand achievement, I must say that I am even MORE proud of ALL participants-- not just in this Roundup, but everyone out there, rising up to the Grind to get those Posts, REACHING TO THE POSTING HEAVENS...just to get those Good Sh*ts. Your focus is remarkable, Minus World Universe, and I couldn't be prouder.

THAT SAID...

I must shift MY focus, temporarily, to those who would question my authenticity when it comes to my relentless pursuit of a more Positive Minus World...who would question my MOTIVES, as if the only motivation I'd EVER need is not only my OWN self-improvement, but the continuous and ASSURED improvement of all my friends here in the MW Universe. I'm speaking of one person, and ONE PERSON ONLY, and that is none other than the host of the 2016 Salacious September SAE Pro Circuit Monthly Metagame Roundup-- SEAN JABRONI. How DARE you insinuate that I am anything other than (as The Renz would say) THE MOST ELECTRIFYINGLY positive and genuine Professional Poster then, now and FOREVER. Your attempts to tear me down, and by proxy, all the positivity through Posts we've built here will not succeed, Sean, and let me tell you why, brother:

I hereby announce, effective IMMEDIATELY, that I will distribute my 1835 XP winnings EVENLY to ALL 88 of my friends in the Minus World Universe.

The Posts won't stop, and neither will the Good Sh*t, so I hereby solemnly swear as long as I am YOUR MW Metaweight Champion.

IF YOU REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHAT THE RENZ

IS POSTIN' Cool

With Great Honor,
Renzo Kukenson

What a champ, I'll gladly be second to the Renz.
kaZaam
oshit lmao this is tremendous. grats af eberyone and thx for that HQ post metabot
(Sep 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: gr8 posting everyone
top 3's not surprising; it's good to see talented shitposters get the recognition they deserve.

[Image: r1ztOl4.jpg]
if renz is a shitposter idk what a goodposter is
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Shedinja
[Image: funny-skeleton-waiting-in-garden.jpg]

we waiting to get +1 blood post despite requesting it multiple times from the mw staff
Agastya
as your resident GRAND WIZARD i am honored to be given a position in this list of amazing posters, despite my absence from this community for years. i assure you though, that while my lucky break exp windfall may slowly drain as i frame great posts, obscure lesser posts, and donate to these metagame roundups, the quality of my posts shall never diminish.

here's another 1,000 for next month's pot. let's keep this good sh*t train going dudes. fly high

BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Shedinja
you should gimme someofdat to resurrect xgoff sooner fam
Mario
[deleted]