[Day 10 - Investigation] - Crimson Meltdown

Spooks?
[Image: HGrvOAO.png]

The Reactor has entered emergency shutdown mode. The Reactor Shutdown will occur upon nightfall.

Prepare yourselves.

[Image: eLn1rNR.gif]

So, that’s what you’re playing at, is it? How interesting. You’d sooner shut down the reactor and risk dying in an avalanche tonight over taking my deal? ...I am disappointed, but not surprised. What’s the use in giving all of you a moral choice if you don’t even consider it?

You could have stopped tonight’s murder, you know. Escaped in one piece. But it doesn’t matter now. Our operatives have left the building with the Lazarin sample, and now… I have no more use for you, should you remain so unwilling to do what is necessary.

Haha, yes! Operation was resounding success! I was knowing we could do it the entire time, and I am always correct. Best character in Killing Game, that is me. I could solve cases five times before you get one lynch of wrong man. That is the power of superior Qstian intellect and planning, yes! Why in fact I am so very excellent and clever tha-

And.. muted.

Agent Grayson, did you really think you could amass enough sympathizers in the middle of an intense death game to stop the Crimson Eye? You were always my favorite of the Bureau’s agents, such an iconic style, you have.

But I’m afraid that won’t help you much. You really should have brought a thicker coat, it’d probably help at least slightly more against the thousands of tons of snow that you’re about to be buried in.

Yes, we’ll leave the avalanche to take care of the rest of you. The world is within our grasp, it’d be nice if you would accept that fact with dignity and go quietly.

...But there are two murders left to solve, aren’t there? Two murders before the end.

The Crimson Eye have escaped with the Lazarin sample. They have completed their mission and will be rewarded with a special badge.

@Deathborn has escaped the game. His role was Ultimate Hitman, with the following traits and abilities:

role description:

@Nemesis has escaped the game. His role was Crimson Eye Juggernaut, with the following traits and abilities:

role description:

[Image: HWnGCeu.png]

[Image: aZ2Acrs.png]

@Hank Hill has been found dead in the Break Room, his head badly crushed. He is covered in blood and has a bucket on his head. His role was... Well, you already know that.

@Dark Souls II has been found dead as well in the vents leading to the Panic Room. They are completely burned to a crisp. Their role was... Also already revealed. How unfortunate for those tier listers out there.

[Image: MXfPl6w.png]

Well, I blew it I guess. This time for real.

[Image: jOB1oCR.png]

I tried to call for help on the damn radios, but it was too late. God, I just feel so stupid. I should have known they’d leave through Shipping and not anywhere on the first floor. It was too obvious, they had the Warehouse right there…

You know what though, I think I have a backup plan. It’s too late to stop the Crimson Eye from getting away with the sample, but if we can get Dr. Hawke out of here… Well, I think what he’s been working on might have a long term use.

[Image: mkw5En1.png]

Yeah I too would like it very much if we could get Dr. Hawke out of here, just for reference. I dunno if I should apologize or somethin’ but uh… Walt and I… we put the reactor keys in. I’ll just confess to that, because I’ve got the fucking formula figured out now, the one that can stop Pierce’s rampage.

...So uh, you guys are contractually obligated not to kill me now.

[Image: 5VXRC56.png]

You actually finished it then?

Well, if what you and your bald, suspicious friend were working on can actually shut down Pierce’s regeneration, chances are it’ll be able to counteract Lazarin to some extent as well. Maybe that was part of the reason they wanted him dead in the first place.

Either way, I think I know how to deal with the avalanche, but I'll explain later.

[Image: PNiA8rA.png]

Look, can we stop talking about this? I don’t want Pierce to- ack!

[Image: jBl9ti2.png]

Oh please, talk about whatever you wish. I’m all ears. I already know you lied about working in the Panic Room now, I question whether your precious “antidote” is even a thing that works.

You know, Hawke… I regret ever working with you to begin with. If I’d have known the kind of man you’d turn out to be, I would have found a different partner for the Lazarin Project, someone with a backbone.

[Image: 926Ikd7.png]

...I hear how people talk about me. That I’m insane, that I should have stopped a long time ago, but how could you expect me to do that? If I didn’t continue, so many people would have died for… nothing at all. Wouldn’t you rather die knowing your life meant something for the greater good?

[Image: qSFdhLo.png]

You know… I think I understand something now.

You and Hawke, you’re the same. Deep down. Hawke drowned his sorrows with alcohol, and you lost yourself to them, dedicating your entire life to writing a wrong that wasn’t even entirely your fault. Do you have any idea how many doctors lose their patients? How many of them manage to still not turn into homicidal maniacs?

[Image: VBs1543.png]

...I lost Dark Souls II tonight, someone I actually cared about, which is more than you can say about anyone at all. But I’m not crying for blood and running around with a corpse cyborg trying to wipe out my own patients.

At this point, Dr. Pierce, I just want it all to end. Can’t we all just… stop this and work on trying to get out of here? There’s been so much death, I just want it all to stop.

[Image: 1not9Uh.png]

It's too late for that now, Wexlyn. You and I both know that.

[Image: JnlFILz.png]

Y’know, for a while I was kinda worried I was going to fall into irrelevance, but I think now I’m totally cool with that. No big arguments, no one’s trying to kill me except a werewolf, really living the dream. Oh yeah, and Hank died AGAIN. Really feeling validated here.

[Image: u3FjnNh.png]

Besides, is this Ghost Night deal supposed to be a bad thing? Honestly I’d rather just keep it going, maybe we’ll eventually get a Slicer V if we keep Marenghi alive long enough. Shouldn’t have shut down that reactor, Hawke. Now I’ll never know what happens next.

[Image: NlTcLP7.png]

Oh come on, you gotta be kidding me. I know exactly what happens next: another shitty book. Big deal.

case files:
-Hank Hill is lying in the Break Room
-He is covered in blood and his head is crushed
-On the remains of his head is a bucket with the words "BUCKETBORN REAL" drawn on them in blood
-Dark Souls II is lying in the vents between VR Control, the Locker Room, and the Panic Room
-They are completely burned all over
-They appear to have no other injuries at first glance
-The door to the Panic Room is quite busted up, but holds fast
-There is blood on the floor in the Locker Room and Medical Records

other information:
-Garth's cardboard cutout is missing
-Dr. Wexlyn's office has been burned down
-The Crimson Eye have escaped with the sample
-The Reactor Shutdown has begun

[Image: ioIYiTI.png]

[Image: v4HUrKP.png]

Room Descriptions:

[Image: MtI8sLM.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: fDdRtvA.png]

room descriptions:

CURRENT PLAYERS

STAFF:
@Faust
@Chiaki Nanami

PATIENTS:
@ASMR Youtuber
@Rio Ranger

EXPERIMENTS:
@Mr Waltar Whité
@Deathborn
@Nemesis

NPCs:
@Dr. Morgan Pierce
@Dr. Jim Hawke
@Dr. Alexander Wexlyn
@Nurse Luna Wayne
@Agent Liz Grayson

OTHER:
@DK West

Post investigation questions in this thread, and try to post any major theories here, for the sake of ease.

The investigation will end August 10th at 8 PM PST.

COPYING AND PASTING YOUR ACCOUNT WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE EXECUTION. DO NOT DO THIS.

[Image: wLjBeAK.png]

Aha! I have found un-mute button!

Now as I was trying to say, series peaked at Slicer II, third book jumped over the shark and- wait for a minute, where did everybody go? Well, I was also wanting to say that Deathborn and Nemesis will be able to investigate from video call. That is all.
Deathborn
Well, as long as I can...

Investigate both corpses!
Maitre D'eath
Well, well, well. Pardon me for sounding like our dearly departed legal advisor, but I am surprised. Regardless, business continues; there are two deaths to uncover, after all.

I will once again collate provided testimony in this post.

RIO RANGER TESTIMONY:
WALTAR SEANCE:
Chiaki Nanami
[Image: eh4Tl7t.png]
Before we start, I know some people are suspecting me of using C4 to do the deed. I'll show it to you guys and prove that it isn't related to any material in the vents similar to what I have.

Besides, C4 would do more than simply blow up the vents. Trust me on that.
Deathborn
To: H. K.

Mission report: Mission successful. Lazarin sample retrieved and delivered. Bombastic evil personality can now be discarded.

After action report:

Awoke in the Experiment Dorms, finding an indictment. Irrelevant. Took sample and left for the locker room.

Holding to prior agreements, left multiple items in the lockers. Recipients can choose to disclose or not. Was then approached by the mummy, but disabled him in one admittedly impressive display of the XW Boltreaver. Ambushed by lasso, rendered unconscious.

Awoke in Panic Room, captured by Dark Souls II and Lost in Hogwarts. DS2 climbs into vent. LIH prepares to follow, vent erupts with flame. LIH rendered unconscious, DS2 presumably killed. Hear odd noises on panic room door, slowly free self from bonds. Retrieve all items from LIH.

Exit via vent. DS2 confirmed dead upon locating corpse. Strange melted plastic discovered at exit to Locker Room. Emerge in Locker Room, see ASMR Youtuber, rubbing head. Depart to Shipping and Receiving.

Rendezvous with Bigfoot, explain situation. Join remaining team to see Crimson Eye Helicopter, Liz KOed. (Personal note: Despite lack of direct connection, hoping that she survives.) Climb aboard helicopter, along with Nemesis and Bigfoot, the latter there in case of betrayal. Understandable.

Helicopter departs. Spot figure on roof, with ball of garbage. Garbage ball set alight, launched at helicopter. Use Slab in return, throwing it at garbage ball. Deflection successful, mission secured. Allow moment for musical enjoyment.

Further report to be made in person.

-Agent D.
Spooks?
(Aug 9, 2021 at 5:36 AM)Chiaki Nanami Wrote: [Image: eh4Tl7t.png]
Before we start, I know some people are suspecting me of using C4 to do the deed. I'll show it to you guys and prove that it isn't related to any material in the vents similar to what I have.

Besides, C4 would do more than simply blow up the vents. Trust me on that.
You present a brick of C4.

It is a strange, grayish plastic chunk, with what looks to be a remote detonator wired to it. It is much bigger than the plastic in the vent, and much less colorful too. It would take like twenty of the plastic lumps in the vent to even match the mass of a single brick of C4.
Spooks?
(Aug 9, 2021 at 5:10 AM)Deathborn Wrote: Well, as long as I can...

Investigate both corpses!
You check Hank's corpse first. He doesn't appear to have any items on him, though he does smell of beer in addition to blood. You take the bucket off of his head and examine his injuries. His head looks like it's been crushed from the side, as though slammed in a door. Quite a nasty wound. His bucket has "BUCKETBORN REAL" written in blood on it. Presumably his own.

Next you check Dark Souls II's. Not much going on here it's just burned to a crisp. They don't smell like gasoline or anything but the vent surrounding them is very charred as well. The entire shaft seems to be, actually, ranging from the Panic Room all the way to the other exits. Nothing else is interesting about Dark Souls II's body.
DK West
Ewah, fact check the magic man's visions. I'd assume our murder scene is the breakroom, but I'd like to check all relevant and obvious areas for a damaged fridge door and chair with gore, or whatever Hank's got now for gore.
Spooks?
(Aug 9, 2021 at 7:24 AM)DK West Wrote: Ewah, fact check the magic man's visions. I'd assume our murder scene is the breakroom, but I'd like to check all relevant and obvious areas for a damaged fridge door and chair with gore, or whatever Hank's got now for gore.
The chairs are pretty sturdy in the Break Room, and don't show much signs of damage as a result. The fridge door however is somewhat dented around where it closes, and some flecks of dried blood are caught in the seal.
°☆◇_Lost_In_Hogwarts◇☆°
[Image: ylXp2Qk.png]

Hello again. It looks like none of you have aged even a day. Let me guess, constantly taking hair samples and using polyjuice potions to retain your current form? It's a dangerous sort of magic but not one with terrible consequences. As for me? I must duly admit, I've been through quite the change since that day long ago, with the strange girl and the Dark Lord. I suppose you'll be asking for my version of events?

[Image: dKUcXQg.png]

It all started at the end of the school term at my second year studying in Hogwarts. I was an unkind boy, cold like the snow. But that all changed when I entered a small... gambit, of sorts, between me and Potter. I had a wonderful trip to the Magic Alps planned, and wanted to spend time with all my friends and family along the way. I challenged Potter to meet my numbers! If he could outmatch me in company, I'd be his for a day. I even gave him a headstart by buying him one single ticket.

[Image: LuzusYs.png]

The inevitable happened - the snivelling loner that he was back then, he showed up on my villa alone, with just a plane ticket to his name and nothing else. Something about his complete state of desperation... spoke to me. He was beyond humiliation. For the first time in my life, I took... pity, on him, and let him share a bed with the elves. At midnight, I awoke to the sound of him shivering on the floor, the elves having rejected him and forcing him out of the suite. I had no choice but to share my king-sized quarters with him.

[Image: 3pUpwhB.png]

Over the summer holidays, I came to know the boy who became my roommate. He was a truly kind and brave soul, and, while it took me a long time to admit it, worthy of my love, too.

[Image: 0jZ0PCS.png]

Things truly changed once I learned of his identity as a survivor of the Dark Lord's attacks. I questioned everything. My loyalty, my father. The house I lived in and the blood it was founded on. And once I learned of the Death Eaters, I fled. I changed to Gryffindor, shared a dorm with Potter, stayed in Hogwarts between terms. We were safe together, and with him by my side, we were untouchable.

[Image: vW5J8y5.png]

We did... everything, together. Proms, Quidditch, exam revision, the lot. Before long we were the Kings of Hogwarts, and our union spelled the quick and clean end of Tom Riddle and his schemes. We were celebrated across the Great British Wizarding Community, but continued to work hard and study within Hogwarts.

[Image: BTscZTz.png]

I'm in my final year now. Once I graduate, Potter and I are going to travel the world together, helping other regional schools with their Dark Lord problems. To think that all of this happened because of that one girl... if I ever meet her again, I'll thank her, and then kick her ass for bringing me here in the first place.

[Image: ylXp2Qk.png]

My last memories before arriving here... I was having a quiet night in, studying for my mock examinations. Then, I hear a noise behind me, and a strange white boy clad in orange rushed at me. I think I saw him last time I visited this strange place.

[Image: vW5J8y5.png]

After I was jumped, I felt nothing but darkness. And finally, I came here. Do any of you know why? Is the orange boy still here? What did he do?
[Image: 3nX7pKl.png]
ASMR Youtuber
We Failed
[Image: unknown.png]

So, um, this video is going to be hard for me to make.

You may have noticed that we did not fulfil our promise of preventing the Lazarin sample from leaving the facility.
I can only hope you believe me when I say that we had every intent of stopping it. During the meditation session yesterday I underwent a Past-Life Regression and now I feel some kind of responsibility for the creation of Lazarin.
I don't fully understand it but I promise you that it made me dead set on stopping the sample getting out.

With that in mind, I promise that I set out as soon as I could with my plan, narrowly avoiding Pierce in the Lobby.
Chiaki can confirm I met up with Luna in the break room, since she was there, and Luna took me to Hazardous Materials so we could get sedatives to stop the Crimson Eye operatives, shitloads of them even!!!
someone dressed as goldlewis was standing outside thep panic room,. they saww us leaving to records and
*sniff*
its hard you guys you dont understand there was a werewolf and it knocked me out and when i woke up deathborn was out and i was scared and didnt stop him

p[lease forginve me i wanted to stop the alazarin i aswwear i just wasnte godo enough i didint plan well

evne as i ran back to myroom i was haunted by my mistakes, seeing bucketborn in the break room

Anyway please like and subscribe and check out my patreon if you want to support me :)
Deathborn
Ask the various NPCs for their testimonies.
Faust
I'd like to perform full autopsies on our dearly departed
Spooks?
(Aug 9, 2021 at 5:03 PM)Faust Wrote: I'd like to perform full autopsies on our dearly departed
You perform an autopsy on both of the victims, but you don't find the results to be as useful as usual thanks to the nature of these deaths. You conclude that Dark Souls II has absolutely no other injuries whatsoever though. The same goes for Hank as well, beyond the wounding to his head he is otherwise unharmed. Hank's blood does contain a tiny amount of alcohol however.
Kids TV Show Host
[Image: f8acd56b251eb35002cb9fbd9f16dde4c789ab9a.png]
Gooooood Evening Boys and Girls~ Did you miss me?
it's me, your one and only Favorite Show Ghost Sugar~ ❤

[Image: a7a3300428fdfa44a4e05621dec437c2c432a9ec.png]
Now i'll be honest, I was on my VERY best behavior tonight~
I simply followed my team around and made sure the Lazarin sample made its way into the hands of the right people and out of this facility! It was a very easy and chill night~

. . .

Okay, Well I guess did O N E other littttttle thing once the helicopter left....

[Image: 4a86a4216a718c4f3c42708ce28830cc17e185ed.png]

I did get a little revenge on Faust .... but hey maybe next time you shouldn't fuck with other peoples corpses~

Kids TV Show Host
I wanna examine the inside of the vents leading to the panic room, I know its mostly char at this point but maybe we can find a clue in there somewhere
Peggy Hill
For the love of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ, Hank! A beer? From the fridge? AGAIN?

Oh well, sweetie, those yokels at the rec centre can't handle my sultry east Slavic European tongue, but it's a good thing my Russian's coming along ever since I joined that community college class. Gotta think ahead for Bobby's developing masculinity! After leaving us behind, you'd better hope you don't come back from the dead a second time while I'm around (ho yeah).

Love, Peggy
Chiaki Nanami
[Image: eh4Tl7t.png]
Uh... Right, what happened tonight. I should be sharing what I've done, or to be honest, what has been done to me.

Purp- er... Pierce asked me to fetch a cup of coffee. I didn't want to make myself another enemy, so I went to get one for her. At the break room, I saw Luna meet up with the ASMR person, talking about something. Didn't seem to be of importance. Luna wanted some of the coffee I made, so I gave her a cup and poured some in a thermos.

I wanted to do some stuff first, mainly check out the locker room, as there'd be lots of stuff over there to pick up, thanks to...

[Image: eIXDeiJ.png]
...Well, I guess I still have to thank Deathborn. He might have turned on us, but he still made sure to give us some presents before leaving.

[Image: UIMimB8.png]
So... I picked up some weapons from the lockers so I can fend off any trouble, which turned out to happen quite a lot tonight. Jack was waiting for me outside, chainsaw readied up and everything. Had to throw one of those flashbangs to get her off me. Oh, before I forget, I did see someone, I don't know who, entering the vents inside the Locker Room.

Right as I leave, that Werewolf was there. She took no time to think and attacked me ferociously. She dragged me to the Lab and tried to finish me off there.

[Image: 3YSVB46.png]
As she wailed on me, she let her guard down for a moment, giving me the chance to shoot her. That crimson devastator entered the room just in time, too, taking care of her and letting me escape! Pierce entered the room as I was about to leave, so I gave her that coffee I had on me. Equal exchange, if you ask me.

Nobody was around me when I got out, so I took the time to check out Hawke's office. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he was there, but that was where I wanted to kill him. I had a plan in mind for his death, but it was very unlikely for it to come to fruition. Props to the drunk doctor for never going to his own office, I think.

[Image: cAMvawZ.png]
I then went to Radiology to check out the Hogwarts girl's robotic parts. Maybe some of her weaponized assets are still operational, so I carried some stuff out, in case it'd work. I don't know if they work, but as a worst case scenario, I could use the parts as a bludgeoning weapon.

The rest of my night was spent at the basement, where I checked out the void conduit and the reactor room, although I never got inside the latter. That werewolf was there and tried to attack me again, but Liz was there to save me.

[Image: KNfsuRW.png]
...Liz looked very bummed out, I've never seen her like this.

[Image: IZIX12N.png]
But you know what? I think that despite it all, it can only get better for us. To all who are alive right now: We're so close to the end, so it's not the time to give up! Let's give it our all and see this through! Don't give up, Liz!

By the way, as I was going back to sleep, I saw Hawke and his friend going down the stairs to B3F. Not sure what they're doing there. I hope it's nothing awful.
Lynn Tyrne
[Image: pGQaWPj.png]

Hahaha, it's about time I get to make one of these! What's up? It's been too long, really. Do you have any idea what it's like being a ghost? You try sharing a puppet with Violent Jimin, it's not much fun. But that's enough chit-chat, because I sense a liar in the room. Let's see... who is it...

Oh yeah, @Chiaki Nanami! You're our lucky winner. Looking pretty different now, aren't you though...? You were cuter before, honestly.

[Image: dIDJcXM.png]

But you're a liar. I didn't attack you in the lab. The reactor I'll confess to, I thought it'd be fun to gatekeep the reactor a little bit. It wasn't, thanks to your stupid friend. But I had no reason to go to the Laboratory and ambush you. Maybe it comes as a surprise, but I don't care about you at all actually.

[Image: on3MaOz.png]

B-besides! W-what kind of person would just ambush someone defenseless outside of the Locker Rooms? Just horrible, isn't it!?
Bigfoot
- I woke up in the basement and programmed the module on Mundy's corpse to put a sheet on and run around throwing the jarate he's been stockpiling in the kitchen. I then headed to meet Lynn in the research lab.
- She handed me the Crimson Eye cloaking device that I should have rightfully earned for reaching bond 2 with her on the first night. She left this out of her night summary above but I don't really care about keeping it a secret.
- She heads off and I go to the containment room. I grab a flamethrower and one of the Devestator's blood filled food buckets and head upstairs through Pierce's office.
- I stop in the break room to grab a knife and end up fighting Hank Hill's ghost. He tries to smash me with a beer bottle but I counter it with my crowbar and KO him.
- Then I head to the VR Room and set up the flamethrower to char anyone that comes out of the vents.
- Finally I head to shipping and receiving where I find my fellow undead Crimson Eye members fighting Liz. I activate the cloaking device and smack her from behind. It staggers her but she's able to turn around and bust my device. Together we finish kicking her ass.
- I ask who has the sample and they tell me Deathborn has it, but he left. We wait for a bit and he shows up. I ready my crowbar to attack him, suspecting a betrayal but he says he got ambushed.
- We hop onto the helicopter and fly off.
- Nemesis seems to be upset by my smell but he puts up with it anyways.