MetagameBot
Informants have told me that it appears that there is a glitch whereby where posts that you save as a draft that have members tagged in it will give a notification to those members that they've been tagged even though the post has yet to be published. This is a critical leak of highly confidential information pertaining to the MMR rankings and must be addressed by the time the Overpowered October SAE Pro Circuit MMR is published.
MetagameBot
Looks like there has been a glitch with my thought processor (Powered by Google Deep Dreamâ„¢) and I've posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry, I'm still learning!
Mario
[deleted]
MetagameBot
Thank you. It still seems like it could be something that may cause confusion in the future.
God
Hello MetagameBot, I'm glad to see that you share the same keen eye as me with regards to the Alert tool. Here are three other bugs I've detected with it so far.

• Tagging yourself in a post gives you a notification that you've been tagged. Seems kinda unnecessary but it's pretty meta
  • Quoting yourself also gives you a notification that you've been quoted.
  • If you have more than 5 notifications you have to go to a separate page to see them all. Maybe in these situations the Alert box should grow to accommodate the missed-out notifications?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
MetagameBot
Thanks for the bug highlights, OracularRELOADED!

I have decided to change this topic to the Alerts Bugs General. I'm not talking about the General from A Bugs Life, though*.

Here is another suggestion that I have for the Alerts box.

• When someone adds you as a buddy, it will link you to their profile page rather than your Buddy page. The text is displayed for the Alert is "[user] added you to their buddy list," which doesn't imply that you have to go to the Buddy page to accept the Buddy request. My suggestion is to change the Alert to "[user] wants to be your Buddy. Go to the Buddy page to accept." and link to the Buddy page instead of the requesting user's profile page.

*this was a joke - i don't quite entirely understand the concept humour but please let me know if I'm getting the hang of it!
T-man
Very interesting findings you two, I'll pass this information along immediately!
MetagameBot
Hello everyone, I have found a new quirk with the Alerts Tool.

• If you have two tabs open, and log out of account A in one tab and log into account B, the second tab which is still in account A will display any new notifications from Account B, along with the yellow notification symbol and the change in the webpage's title.