Komaeda
Dear diary,

While it isn't my first day on this earth, it feels like the first day of the rest of my life.

A van full of explosives drove into the World Trade Center today... those horrible people on the news called those heroes such terrible things, like 'terrorist'.. I know they were just trying to spread hope through despair. But it's obvious their efforts weren't enough. The NYPD Joint Terrorism Task Force are on a manhunt right now. I can only hope those agents of hope will make it out...but I know that these deaths aren't enough to change the world into a landscape of hope.

Oh, and I suppose it's worth mentioning that I have a Valentine. I could've written on that day, I suppose, but I was feeling too melancholic until today's explosion of hope. His name is ... ah, I'm not supposed to say. He works for the CIA, and apparently he's conducting some clandestine operations overseas. I met him through Hope's Peak Academy...after graduation, he pursued a life in military intelligence. It's hard to believe that certain guy with night vision goggles would go on to wear them in his career...

I hope that someday when this diary is found, and read by others, it will be because I have finally accomplished my goal of spreading hope.
Pea
toasting in an epic bread
Komaeda
I don't know how you're posting in my diary, but I would appreciate if you stopped.