Who believes in the Big Bang creation myth

God
Never in my entire life have I heard such BOLOGNY as the "Big Bang" creation myth. I can't even BEGIN to think how unimaginative you have to be to come up with this totally useless idea. For those that don't know about it, basically some white dude came and said "First, there was nothing, then BANG there was thing." And that's it. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY. There wasn't even any sex in it like in most of the other higher-tier creation myths, and yet SOMEHOW Flouride drinkers subscribe to this idea. It's just simply mind-bottling. Even low-tier thought systems like Christianity came up with a more useful creation myth than the Atheist Big Bung theory. The only thing the Big Bang creation myth has every done for us was give us the title for one of the worst TV shows of the 21st Century. What happened to the GOOD OLD DAYS when white people came up with some sick-ass ideas like the Kalevala poem or the Greek pantheon or the Celtic cycles. Nowadays we have these BUNG ASS SCIENTISTS just putting in NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER and making a story about some unexplained Hollywood-esque EXPLOSION and expecting everyone to be ok with that. Well, not me.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
7/10

I like the part where you implied that something has to sound cool to be factual
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Poxni
don't you mean the "horrendous space kablooie"
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Spritanium
The big bang is nice and everything but what if the universe is actually a meatball & our blood is ragu sauce
God
christians: your theories about the world are wrong, we will suppress all your culture's knowledge and prioritise our own (with the Bible).
scientists: your theories about the world are wrong, we will suppress all your culture's knowledge and prioritise our own (with the academic-industry complex).
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Poxni
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:36 PM)Spritanium Wrote: The big bang is nice and everything but what if the universe is actually a meatball & our blood is ragu sauce
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Spritanium
I see alot of wholes in your theory scientists. Dedicating your life to the fursuit of knowledge isn't good enough for me
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:31 PM)Spritanium Wrote: 7/10

I like the part where you implied that something has to sound cool to be factual

i'm not really in the industry of knowing what's cool and what's not but facts are literally useless lol
Poxni
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:39 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: facts are literally useless lol
ain't that a fact... oof
Spritanium
But in all honesty there's really no reason why the universe would constantly expand if it hadn't started with an "explosion" (which wasn't actually a traditional explosion but something which took place over millions of years, in case the idea seems unrealistic)

We determine these things through observation rather than by talking to trees
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:39 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

i'm not really in the industry of knowing what's cool and what's not but facts are literally useless lol
Literally useless apart from keeping people grounded to reality lol
Poxni
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:39 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote:

Literally useless apart from keeping people grounded to reality lol
if only facts actually had that effect on people
God
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:41 PM)Poxni Wrote:
(Oct 2, 2016 at 2:39 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: facts are literally useless lol
ain't that a fact... oof

i don't have access to the structures of white male hetero-capitalist power necessary to transform statements into facts.

Quote:Literally useless apart from keeping people grounded to reality lol

which reality hahaha lmao
Spritanium

> tfw is reality really real

Spritanium
Mind Blown
T-man
everyone in thread exists because of a Big Bang ;)
God
that's the other problem with the big bang; the story is so unbelievably stupid/one-dimensional that it makes people put their faith in a monolithic reality because they lose the ability to conceptualise/create other, more useful realities. so like when someone says science grounds us to reality i'm like hmmm... you mean the reality where everyone gets fucked over by money relations and no-one understands each other because of racism/sexism?? hmmm yeah i'm not really sure i'm sold on this whole reality thing but thanks for the offer

the main argument behind science is: "our truth is real so our reality is true" looool what a cowardly and irresponsible copout
DrTapeworm
and outside, where that squirrel is, there was nothing, and under your chairs, nothing, and by that tree, where that dog is, nothing
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Yrrzy
the universe actually never started and will never finish, it only exists in the current state it is right now and you just have false memories of everything before that
Spritanium
(Oct 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: that's the other problem with the big bang; the story is so unbelievably stupid/one-dimensional that it makes people put their faith in a monolithic reality because they lose the ability to conceptualise/create other, more useful realities. so like when someone says science grounds us to reality i'm like hmmm... you mean the reality where everyone gets fucked over by money relations and no-one understands each other because of racism/sexism?? hmmm yeah i'm not really sure i'm sold on this whole reality thing but thanks for the offer

the main argument behind science is: "our truth is real so our reality is true" looool what a cowardly and irresponsible copout
Where are you getting this idea that there's more than one reality?