Pea
[Image: gBwyxRa.png]
Image courtesy of Japan Retro Direct

It says Quinty on the cart. Also that doesn't look like an NES cart at all! That's because this is Quinty for the Famicom, or as we americans like to call it: Mendel Palace on the NES. It all goes full circle.

Mendel Palace is a puzzle-esque type game by the one and only Satoshi Tajiri, the guy who made Pokémon. Before Pokémon were a thing, Satoshi created this game with the help of a good friend, Ken Sugimori. You control a lil' character who does nothing but flip the rug under them and, if you're lucky enough, you flip the rug under an enemy, throwing them at the other end of the room and killing them somehow.

That's it. You flip rugs and kill enemies. The NES/Famicom era were about very simple games. You expected an open-world adventure? Fuck you, play Zelda 2 if you're so inclined to play those kinds of games.

If you ever have the chance, check out Game Center CX's episode on the game. I enjoy Game Center CX, because watching a middle-aged man play video games (albeit poorly) is very wholesome. It could also help you understand the game a bit more. Of course, if you can't find the game, you can always ask a friend on where to find it ;)

For a simple game like this, perhaps there's not much to give in terms of "challenge", other than beating the game itself. And again, I know you guys don't have all the time in the world, so let's go ahead with this.

To obtain points for this game, you must perform these tasks:

[Image: 3xWby3s.png] World completed: 5pts/world

There are 10 worlds in total, so that makes a total of 50 pts. How long's the game? Not too long. A total of 100 levels, so it's more of a question of how much of an attention span you have playing these games. Game's not too tough, either. You probably won't need save states as even if you get a Game Over, continuing just brings you back to the beginning of the world you were in. Posting a screenshot of where you are in the world screen should be a good indicator of your progress.

Good Luck, Have Fun.

Thanks to Superjustinbros from TSR for the sprite
Aidan
[Image: I78ZPAy.png]
5 points
i wanted a shot of the princess from stage 10 but i couldn't find the print screen on this keyboard
Two_Finger
beat the game 50 points
[Image: unknown.png]
this is just before starting world 9
[Image: unknown.png]
here's world 10
and here's after beating the last stage
Amoeba
Guess I'll do this here instead of Discord this time, for posterity. So, this is looks like pokemon, but you bulli people until you explode them into a wall? At first I was just grabbing stars and then the guys walking around would game over me cuz I didn't know what to do. Maybe I should read the manual.

[Image: YTYWy34.png]

Oh, so I'm Bonbon the Clown and I'm running around smashing all of Candy's life-sized dolls that are totally normal don't think about it.

She looked like she was up and awake at the end of the first castle. (5 points there) So I'm in her dream too, I guess.
Amoeba
World 2 was horrible. Frickin' South Park Canadians in their little wrestling tights playing leap frog with my corpse.

[Image: Screenshot_36.png]
Amoeba
Awww, these dolls just wanna draw on the floor! Cute!

[Image: Screenshot_37.png]
Pea
kill them
Amoeba
They are not so cute now...
Two_Finger
those ones were PAIN
catch them while they're drawing