Pea
the eraser is too weak and the threshold to clean it before it completely disappears seems to not exist anymore. i gotta adblock them at this point to read posts
Yrrzy
makes a lot of buttons unclickable too which stands out way more than its intended existence as a temporary obfuscation of the post
Spritanium
iirc post controls are designed to show on top of most spells to avoid this type of thing; anything that obfuscates the post is supposed to be purely visual. Not sure if it broke at some point or if it just never worked tbh
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pea
i remember it being much easier to erase splat before. nowadays it's simply impossible to completely erase and post interactions are impossible whenever they're present
Spritanium
Erasing seems about the same as it ever was on Chrome desktop anyway
Spritanium
Lol I forgot how neat spells are, it's all really simple code used in such a whimsical way. Like the silent async code to update the "erased" path is really cool. Sucks that they apparently never work
Spritanium
There's also like zero optimization, the "wipe progress" is sent as a completely massive array that has to be rendered to a canvas. No wonder this site runs like crap on mobile
Spritanium
Why do we send an alert when somebody uses a Magic Kit to cast a spell on themselves, that is extremely silly
Spritanium
[Image: madethewebsite.jpg]
Draku
(Apr 8, 2022 at 4:33 PM)Spritanium Wrote: iirc post controls are designed to show on top of most spells to avoid this type of thing; anything that obfuscates the post is supposed to be purely visual. Not sure if it broke at some point or if it just never worked tbh
it works properly on this post same as it ever did for me
HOWEVER
the erasure threshold has always been way too high and nearly impossible to meet
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
multiply brush size by user level
Yrrzy
i should be able to get an item thats just a giant fuckoff sponge
Spritanium
(Apr 8, 2022 at 11:01 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: i should be able to get an item thats just a giant fuckoff sponge
Not a bad idea actually, the infrastructure exists to do this. If you use that item on your post we could just increase the size of the eraser. I've been thinking new items would be fun and pretty low effort to implement
Draku
Whoops! has been slightly altered to have a bigger brush and lower cleaning threshold.
Pea
i think there's also a problem where it doesn't update properly

cleaned up as much as i could here:
[Image: W29kKOj.png]

ended up refreshing and got this:
[Image: 9rqqj0Z.png]

this was done in multiple clicks, so there were multiple times where this could have updated with more progress done on wiping it. not that i think there's an easy fix to this.
Reeb
I didn't even know you could clean splats and have them stay cleaned, tbh
Draku
(Apr 9, 2022 at 10:11 PM)Reeb Wrote: I didn't even know you could clean splats and have them stay cleaned, tbh
Only the original poster can clean them off permanently. The idea is that they can draw stupid shit in it if they want and that will display forever