Yrrzy
PLAYGROUND REVIEW UK
Not Doxxing myself w/ the park's name or location but my local playground finally stopped being Inconsiderately filled with children, even on school days, so I was able to get some pics.

Prelude
This playground is right alongside a set of outdoor gym equipment, which some might consider the "Adult Version" of a playground.

[Image: unknown.png]
It's pretty good gym equipment, I've used it a fair few times.
It's good quality, provides instructions for usage, and covers a range of exercises, I'd give it a 7/10.
It loses some points by being right next to the children's playground which can be very irritating, not just for the noise, but there's been times when I was unable to use some of it because loose children were using them. You may notice the fence doesn't actually encircle playground, which allows children to escape. Disgust

That, unfortunately, also serves as a bad omen for the playground itself. Children are opting for the gym equipment instead of the playground built for them.
Let's investigate why.

Main Event
This playground is in the middle of a small park surrounded by a fair amount of family housing, and is also right next to a school, so I get the impression it's designed to fulfil the needs of a reasonable amount of children/parents (especially given that the nearest alternative is in the process of being rebuilt).
Despite that, the playground is considerably smaller than most I ever visited as a kid. I don't know if this is a budget thing or if kids just don't use playgrounds these days?
Either way it doesn't seem fit for the amount of children I have to assume it's intended to be "the local playground" for.

Ok, so there's not a great Quantity of play structures, what about Quality?
I'll start with the classics.

Classic chain swing set, rigid seats too.
I figured modern swing sets would've phased out this design by now in favour of the flexible style of seats Aidan showed, for health and safety reasons, but this playground was built within the last few years, so I guess not!
Not much else to say about them though, they're a staple of playgrounds everywhere and it'd only be noteworthy if they were missing.

A spring see-saw, never really thought about it 'til now that these completely replaced classic weight/gravity see-saws at some point.
Makes sense cause you can theoretically still use this if you're alone, but only if you're light enough. I didn't think to test the spring strength while I was there.
Anyways it's another staple, not super noteworthy, moving on.

A roundabout, I'm not sure if it being at ground level makes it more or less accessible. There's a single seat and I guess everyone else is expected to stand.
Despite the grip pattern on the floor, I think it's a fairly smooth surface, so occupants sitting on the ground would likely get yeeted extremely quickly.
Still, this is the first play structure that doesn't have a specific ride capacity, and you can get these things going pretty fast. Some kid will definitely eat shit on this and have an important life experience.

That concludes the 3 staple, simple "rides", and we move on to this playground's main attractions - the two climbing structures.

First is the smaller children's one. Don't let the wall mounted circles fool you, there's no meme wheels to be found here, those are rigidly affixed.
2 metal ladders, 1 rope ladder, 1 short climbing wall, and a step, make for 5 access routes for 2 connected platforms and a short slide.
It's trying to be a climbing structure, but frankly this is just a slide with a queue, I'm not a fan.

Finally, the larger children's one. At least this can be reasonably called a climbing structure, but there's not really any interconnectedness. While there's a variety of climbing options, and moving parts to make it difficult, at the end of the day you're just climbing Up or Down. I grew up on much larger and more interconnected climbing structures and this is just a letdown.

Overall this playground is just completely insufficient in both capacity and entertainment. Kids will likely find more enjoyment in the green space around the park, and the adult gym equipment right next to them. For parents of small children I imagine it's a good 5 minute distraction, but without a complete fence to keep them confined, you'll have to be keeping an eye on the kid more than most playgrounds.

I give this a 3/10. Did not adequately complete the assignment.
Evil Yoshi Toes
Hi Yrr, I liked your review!

First thing’s first: adult version?! Oh no no no! Ill take a swing set over gym equipment any day!! Right?!

Also, the pain in the bum that this style of swing inflicts is all too easy to remember. No thanks!

-EYT

PS: I hate tiny slides. Even babies deserve a thrill!
Draku
what a location

gym equipment right next to a playground is kind of smart but also not for the reason you noted, also everything being really far apart feels weird even if i guess it's to accommodate a large amount of people.

the actual playground stuff is baffling because there's like, nothing to it. all that space for tons of people and then theres just a couple of small structures?? the climbing thing looks like a flat out clusterfuck. i don't understand
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
Looks really bleak. I like the roundabout in the floor though I think that's neat
Hearts
Even the baby swings have flat bottoms...they look like holding cells for pint-sized prisoners
Aidan
what the fuck is that art nouveau slide
Yrrzy
i dont have a clue either
Reeb
That larger climbing structure looks like something an architect sketched out while blitzed out of his mind and had to present straight-faced the next morning hoping to god his superiors just didn't question it
girigiri
everything is so spaced out on the playground. there could at least be cute or fun designs on the ground but it is just very plain. i think if i played on it i would get sad personally....

i am glad you like the gym!