If you back into parking spaces you're a dick

Spritanium
Quote:Oh hold on just a sec while I stop abruptly in the middle of the road and take 40 seconds to park just so I'll have a slightly easier time driving out

Backing up into the space takes so much more time than backing out of it when you're done. I can't fathom why anyone does this god damn
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
DrTapeworm
parks sideways in a limo to eat up as much space as possible
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Yoshin
honestly this is p standard here in Canada from what I've seen, everyone does it. I don't mind giving up half a minute of my day to let someone park
Spritanium
(Oct 3, 2016 at 12:30 AM)Yoshin Wrote: honestly this is p standard here in Canada from what I've seen, everyone does it. I don't mind giving up half a minute of my day to let someone park
But why do they do it? It takes more time overall, and nobody uses their signal so it's a surprise when they suddenly slam on their brakes
Yoshin
(Oct 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM)Spritanium Wrote: But why do they do it? It takes more time overall, and nobody uses their signal so it's a surprise when they suddenly slam on their brakes

convenience mostly, and also fuck backing into a busy parking lot

>nobody uses their signal

well with how often people do it here you kinda just know when someone is
Spritanium
I guess my main problem is that nobody who likes backing into spaces is actually good at it
T-man
I agree, I don't seem to notice it much though. It seems easier to back out of a parking space rather than in.
Spritanium
Yeah I don't see it too much either. The reason I brought it up was that I just experienced this driving through a neighborhood. I was right behind someone and they suddenly slammed on their brakes and veered to the left. I didn't know wtf they were doing until they started backing into their driveway. Their damn driveway!

Reversing is obviously the most dangerous part of the process, but reversing out rather than in is so much quicker and safer...if you're gonna park some ridiculous unpredictable way then at least use your signal
T-man
Well, hang on. If we're talking about driveways that's a whole different ball game. I can totally understand why someone would back into their own driveway. Although perhaps Californian suburbs are more densely packed than mine, then I could see why that would be an issue.
T-man
(Oct 3, 2016 at 12:29 AM)DrTapeworm Wrote: parks sideways in a limo to eat up as much space as possible

>when there's a spot available but it's two fucking small because the adjacent cars can't park.

Spritanium
Yeah makes sense for groceries

I feel like I've had a unique number of negative experiences with people doing this lol. Just a pet peeve of mine. How am I supposed to post on MW while driving with people backing into spaces ffs
Draku
i can't believe it took me that long to think of doing that to the OP
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
That's a good one

A lot of the spells don't lend themselves to many posts, we should be sure to do something about that for Season 2
Two_Finger
your reasons make sense and the kind of people you're describing should of course use their signals and stuff
but did you ever think about how backing in can make it safer for pedestrians when you eventually go to pull out? much more visibility
Draku
(Oct 3, 2016 at 4:29 AM)Spritanium Wrote: That's a good one

A lot of the spells don't lend themselves to many posts, we should be sure to do something about that for Season 2
whodunnit is the only one i think doesn't really fit into that many situations, the others all see ample use for one reason or another
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
i alw figured it was for ppl who'd just rather get the whole backing-up-and-aligning-urself thing out the way first instead of saving it for when they leave. like its a personality thing or some shit. twofing brings up a Good point though
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
rtsmarty
maybe if you let me waste 30 seconds of your precious time by letting me reverse out of the fucking parking space then i wouldn't have to force you into letting me reverse in

i was once in a car park for 30 fucking minutes waiting to reverse out of my fucking space