mario the movie poster (new game awards clip)

T-man
[Image: super-mario-bros-movie-everything-we-know.large.jpg]

Teaser trailer on Thursday

up:

Yrrzy
wheres his ASS
Jetamo
why aren't they showing his face.
what have they done to mario's face.
the toads look fine so what have they done to his FACE.
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
T-man
(Oct 4, 2022 at 9:59 PM)Jetamo Wrote: why aren't they showing his face.
its the origin story of Mario's mustache and they don't want to spoil it
Draku
(Oct 4, 2022 at 9:59 PM)Jetamo Wrote: why aren't they showing his face.
[Image: OEBGpSn.jpg]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Jetamo
I KNEW IT, I KNEW THEY'D FUCK UP HIS FACE

https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/stat...9146841088
[Image: ybpjq8e.png]
Hearts
(Oct 4, 2022 at 9:56 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: wheres his ASS

[Image: FOdeU0mXMAI3uOQ.jpg]
Yrrzy
nintendo rly de-caking their cast huh
Spritanium
It's not bad, I like the Toad Town design. Not sure why they're going with the hyperrealistic materials, it made sense for the Sonic movies because they had a Roger Rabbit thing going on, but this is 100% a cartoon so they probably could've made it more cartoony

It actually looks close enough to the Sonic movie design that it makes me wonder if they'll do a crossover lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
[Image: Fe-SLf3-RUo-AA06-Gg.jpg]
T-man
nintendo's death grip on mario's design over the years throughout all media makes this design viscerally upsetting in a way normies, non-mfgg users and sex-havers might not appreciate. i've warmed up to it since i first saw it since i can appreciate the fact that they probably wanted movie mario and game mario to be similar but distinct entities. still somewhat disappointed it isn't more faithful to "perfect" mario which has recently shown to be perfectly expressive in games like odyssey, luigi's mansion 3 and strikers battle league
Yrrzy
smth about him looks off but i cant tell what or why
Spritanium
I'm kinda on the other end, I wish they were allowed to go more off model, closer to the old TV show designs which work better with full voice acting. It's going to be weird to see these characters who look only slightly different from the games speak in full sentences
T-man
Illuminated Peach

[Image: unknown.png]

Not initially upsetting like Mario but once again demonstrates how little variation there has been with these designs throughout the years when changing the proportions even slightly can make the whole thing feel "off."
Elyk
Peach with textured hair doesn't seem right.
Draku
(Oct 6, 2022 at 7:09 PM)Elyk Wrote: Peach with textured hair doesn't seem right.
everything about this movie's visual style screams NINTENDO, HIRE THIS MAN
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Yrrzy
well at least he's doing a voice
Spritanium
Trailer looks great, performances seem to have a lot of restraint despite the meme cast
sealelement
(Oct 6, 2022 at 7:26 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Oct 6, 2022 at 7:09 PM)Elyk Wrote: Peach with textured hair doesn't seem right.
everything about this movie's visual style screams NINTENDO, HIRE THIS MAN

really? i thought it was surprising how close to the visuals of the games this was. like it looks like nintendo held illumination on a tight leash in taht department
100% pure gamer 100%