What are your main sources of news?

God
really interested in where people get their news from.

mine would be about 95% facebook and 5% wikipedia front page. really terrible stats at first glance but i like to think that my facebook feed is somewhat diverse in terms of its content. but then again idk if i'm missing out on sites that aggregate More Diverse content. wikipedia's headlines are useful for keeping up with the politics of countries which i don't understand and plane crashes and cool space programs.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
[deleted]
Shroomguy
The Onion, Facebook Feed (Varying sources, thankfully), BBC, news app on my phone is just a conglomerate of the major stuff going on. IMO you gotta check everything you can to get the full story.
The Beef Baron
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
noam chomsky
kaZaam
fcuk news tho tbh
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]
Shroomguy
(Oct 4, 2016 at 1:49 AM)wtl Wrote:
(Oct 4, 2016 at 1:46 AM)Shroomguy Wrote: The Onion, Facebook Feed (Varying sources, thankfully), BBC, news app on my phone is just a conglomerate of the major stuff going on. IMO you gotta check everything you can to get the full story.

i've pretty much given up on news sources for getting a Full Story or anything resembling one. Journalists can at best let you know that something is going on somewhere in the world, but every single time I've seen coverage of a subject I've known anything about I'd see they were pushing either incorrect or outright harmful information. If you're lucky you can find some firsthand reports of stuff going on through Twitter or elsewhere but its not always 100% reliable

True, firsthand accounts are harder to come by though. I guess full story was the wrong choice of words, I meant more that if you check enough sources you can spot trends in each of them, and from there you can see where they might be trying to BS you.
The Beef Baron
Two_Finger
(Oct 4, 2016 at 1:41 AM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Word of mouth most of the time.
this usually
kaZaam
"lets profit off ppls fears"
Yoshin
I vary my news from a bunch of different sources so I can see all the diff biases and decide my own opinion.
But for quickly seeing whats up I stick to radio
kaZaam
"heres what you should be scared of today. btw drink pepsi"
Mario
[deleted]
Shroomguy
Fuck all the extra stuff, I'm just looking for information really. You can pretty easily ignore the woopid stuff.
The Beef Baron
kaZaam
well yea its just one big self-sustaining Fear Machine. you really think they don't know theyre responsible for trump's popularity?
DrTapeworm
heed the advice of your local swamp hag, they will tell you all you need to know
[Image: dinogunz.png]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
well yea taking personal responsibility for this would fuckign horrific. i dont blame them really
God
yeah maybe actually i'm kinda slowly moving towards the 'fuck news' side of the spectrum.

maybe i'll just spend the time that i use to read news on meditating instead and see where that gets me
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
kaZaam
meditating while watching/reading news is a surefire way to get there