Draku
(Jun 6, 2023 at 12:11 AM)Reeb Wrote: George Washington, King of the United States, was ceding the monarchy to King Richard the Lionheart. In order to become a king in America, you had to have your left arm tied up ib a tourniquet and chopped off with slow, surgical precision without making a single peep about it. Richard managed this.
Well, this would probably work better than our current system. I say we give it a shot
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Reeb
I haven't really updated this because my real life situation is a mess right now. This might be the last dream I write for the thread, not sure. I had it so clearly in my head that I figured "What the hell".

DREAM 11

I dreamt I was in a studio apartment across from a college classroom I was attending, and downstairs there was a game convention; it looked like all of this was happening in New York.

I spent the initial dream trying to catch my cat that was running around, but it got out on the roof. The floor started shaking and moving me upwards to the point I was scared I was going to fall out while I was still searching for my cat.

I look out into the city only to see a gigantic blonde dude that I was sure was Paul Bunyan walking around, only he's emanating this super intimidating aura, and I have to get down in order to avoid his gaze before he fixes it on me.

My great-grandmother walks in and asks what's wrong, to which I point out the shaking establishment, which she says is hogwash because it's rated for bad storms. I persist in trying to grab the cat for a little while, scared as it gets closer and closer to the edge with each bounce, but just as it's coming to an end the cat leaps off the edge of the roof siding by itself.

I scream and go running downstairs into the gaming convention, which I somehow know is where it would've ended up despite jumping outside, and I'm sorting through people trying to find it, but I can't. I stand by and watch a tech demo from Valve about some new speaker system they've invented; Gabe Newell is there in person to show it off, and the sounds they're playing going directly into your ear like you have a headset on no matter where you are in the room.

I warn one of my high school friends to keep an eye out for this cat while I go outside to search for it, only to find it running through an alleyway. I give chase and finally catch it after weaving through a ton of people moving through the alley.

Heading back up to the room, I'm given pause by there being a girl in there. I let the cat down, who scurries under the bed, and ask her what's up. She tells me that she's been let down in the school dance and doesn't have a partner, so I offer. I say something like "Listen, I know we've got no romantic interest in each other, but I can't really leave you alone."

We're out in the classroom next door, which has all the desks removed to facilitate a dance floor, doing a slow dance to a tune I don't recognize. She's talking about some stuff in a low voice like her best friend having ditched her to go hang out with her boyfriend and asking me some personal questions, none of which I remember very coherently.

About this time, I wake up.
Yrrzy
i had a lot of long complicated dreams the other day when i slept like 12 hours straight
including a dream about a combination engineering/athletics event where your team designs a projectile to throw as far as possible
and a dream where i went to the US and it was a comical badlands desert where you had to pick a drug cartel to align yourself with before you could get anywhere
Hearts
(Jun 24, 2023 at 10:47 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: a dream where i went to the US and it was a comical badlands desert where you had to pick a drug cartel to align yourself with before you could get anywhere

I think you just played Team Fortress 2
Draku
(Jun 24, 2023 at 8:41 PM)Reeb Wrote: I stand by and watch a tech demo from Valve about some new speaker system they've invented; Gabe Newell is there in person to show it off, and the sounds they're playing going directly into your ear like you have a headset on no matter where you are in the room.
I remember this promised PS5 feature.
Fun With Despair
Moving this to PPP as despite being a "garrison", it is a single thread and also both funny and eternally relevant.
Draku
(Oct 22, 2023 at 11:47 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: Moving this to PPP as despite being a "garrison", it is a single thread and also both funny and eternally relevant.
fair

ppl mirror your discord dreams here...
Elyk
i had a dream spritanium posted on the discord
Spritanium
What did I post
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
i couldn't tell because there was a thunderstorm
Reeb
I edited the first post in accordance with this becoming the catchall dream thread. As far as actual dreams go...

I dreamed that I was trying to skip class by going into a tiny storage closet where I could mess about on the computer, but my childhood crush caught me in there and was trying to pressure me into making fliers promoting wellness tips that would help people take care of rats. I was trying to explain that I couldn't get the printer to work, and she told me that it was jammed because there were stones inside. Being the entrepreneurial sort, I decided the best course of action here was to ram my entire arm into the machine, which sucked it up and printed page after page of my arm getting gored.

Despite this, I realized I wasn't in any actual pain, so I pulled my arm out and turned to my crush to ask if she'd seen those papers getting printed because I couldn't find them now, only to discover that she'd disappeared. Goofing off didn't outweigh finding her; I was afraid she saw what happened to my arm and freaked out, so I stepped outside of the room in pursuit of her only to start falling through space. I landed on the top of a flying bus and crawled into one of its windows, only to find that it was uninhabited and careening directly down towards a solid block of steel. About then I woke up.
Draku
i like the idea that the printer somehow snapshotted the moment of your arm getting destroyed and took it upon itself to show everyone else just how badly you got owned, with the pages covered in blood themselves