KGVania Day 1: The Cat's in the Reaper's Cradle

Lord Dracula
Ah, now isn’t this a sight to behold? A black cat, the harbinger of misfortune, is our first soul to depart this castle. Did his luck simply run out, or shall this be dire foreshadowing for the fate that lies in store for every one of you? Hmph, we shall see. Be that as it may, he was one of my minions all the same, so I shall be a man of my word and accept his life as your ticket of admission into further parts of my castle….but first, you have unfinished business in the Gallery you’ve desecrated. After all, with the shedding of new blood must come retribution. You will be tasked with identifying the one who carried out this act and condemning them to the afterlife they deserve, and if an innocent neck hangs instead….the consequences shall be more dire.

Black Cat has been found dead! He was the Ultimate Werewolf:

Spoiler:

Case file:
-The victim’s body is slumped over in the Kitchen, his head inside an activated oven.
-The kitchen is missing quite a few of its contents, including bleach, knives, rotten food, a saucepan, and other odds and ends.
-Every painting in the Museum has a dart sticking out of it.
-The Skeleton Armory has been blocked by a suit of armor.

MARBLE GALLERY:

**You will have 24 hours plus one extension to solve this case. Try not to copypaste your account.**

Seal has also been found dead, and has been identified as the Ultimate Bard. However, this is a result of her dropping out, and thus does not have a killer nor a trial.
Spoiler:
Maitre D'eath
Well, my night shan't take long to recount. Please excuse the scrubs - I haven't had the time to change from my previous employment.

I spent most of my night alone, serving drinks in the Pub - I wished to keep an eye out for anyone who'd wish to peruse the fantastic beverages this castle has to offer. Sadly, I only had one customer - who I will be keeping their identity anon until otherwise needed.

As such, I never interacted with the dead, nor anyone else before I retired for the evening.
Maitre D'eath
Mr. Tepes. I would like to investigate the kitchen a little more... thoroughly. What is the state of the oven? Does it have a timer setting, or any signs of tampering?

I'd also like to investigate the deceased more thoroughly - for any signs of injuries, beyond the burns.
Two_Finger
my night spent wandering the halls was met with nary a sight
Lord Dracula
(Jun 26, 2023 at 4:36 AM)Maitre D'eath Wrote: Mr. Tepes. I would like to investigate the kitchen a little more... thoroughly. What is the state of the oven? Does it have a timer setting, or any signs of tampering?

I'd also like to investigate the deceased more thoroughly - for any signs of injuries, beyond the burns.

The oven looks like it's been on for quite a while, but nothing else seems to be awry....except, perhaps, for the pile of books between Black Cat's head and the oven rack.

The only sign of damage on the body is obviously the head burnt beyond recognition, and otherwise, there are no other damages on the victim's body.
The Merchant
Well, what've we got here?

Not the dead body, mate. I'm talking about these deals, heh heh. I've got some good things on sale, stranger. All I need is your gold, and it's yours...

Merchant's Shop

Fortune Cookie - 5 Coins
Tastes like bloody dirt, it does. But the fortune inside will give you a hint to someone's role.

Holy Water - 10 Coins
Like a Molotov Cocktail, but... holy. Bottle of flaming water seems like the opposite of holy to me, stranger, but I can't complain; I'm the one sellin' it!

Night Stalker Shoes - 15 Coins
Standard issue for any good stealth section. It'll make you completely silent for a fair bit, no matter what you're doing.

Axe - 20 Coins
It's an axe, stranger. I shouldn't have to explain this one.

Death Curse - 20 Coins
It's magic, stranger. I don't have to explain it. I'll cast you a curse, and the poor sod that gets stuck with it will have a higher chance of dying.

Love Potion - 30 Coins
Between the two of us, this one's a bit creepy, but your business is your business, stranger. I won't ask.

Forensics Kit? - 30 Coins
Don't ask me how this one works, use it on a body, and you'll get the fingerprints of the first person who touched the victim, even if they aren't the killer. This one's magic too, I 'spose.

Gun - 40 Coins
Well, you know what they say - gun rhymes with fun. This is the only firearm you're gettin', so it's first come, first serve.

That's all I've got for now, stranger. But my inventory might... expand... in the future. Pay me a visit from time to time, if anything catches your eye... Discretion is guaranteed, I'll take it to the grave!

Oh, but wait. Let's get us a look at that body... Is his head more or less burned than those books? The same length of time?
Logan Paul
not doing character post

- went to the skeleton army. there are no bones
- went to game room. no camcorders. smasher is there playing darts
- go to music room. grab a tuba
- go to courtyard. the merchant is there in his store. toot tuba for 10min
- go back to bed
Lord Dracula
(Jun 26, 2023 at 5:36 AM)The Merchant Wrote: Oh, but wait. Let's get us a look at that body... Is his head more or less burned than those books? The same length of time?

It seems that the books are more charred than the victim's head.
Two_Finger
can we borrow the merchants holy water there and try tossing some on an unburnt portion of the body?
Arrow From Youtube Thumbnails
Two new videos in your subscription feed

[Image: thumbnailkg2.png]
Is Logan Paul plays Tuba?

[Image: thumbnailkg2a.png]
Teaching This Dumb Fuck Checkers [FULL LIVESTREAM]
The Merchant
(Jun 26, 2023 at 4:50 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: can we borrow the merchants holy water there and try tossing some on an unburnt portion of the body?
Heh heh, sorry stranger, but we don't have a "try before you buy" policy - unless our host allows it...

Didn't make any sales anyway though, stranger. No one even knew what I had, until today. Advertising's a slow process, stranger.
Emperor
Chill out, y'all. Big E's on the case.

[Image: HSXcTEV.png]

I spent my first night in this dump snooping for intel. I started with the Museum, where I thought I might find some info on Dracula or his goons, but it was just a bunch of dick-riding trash. The Goose musta thought so too cuz he threw darts at everything in the room, including me, right after he fondled my fuckin' balls for some reason.

We waddled to the Library together, and he left with some books. I stayed to do more research, and I actually found a couple things worth remembering:

1) Supernatural abilities are a dead giveaway that a monster's around. I'm guessing this means that the humans in this castle have more grounded skills, so we can sniff out Dracula's lackeys by seeing who's pulling some weird shit.

2) Some monsters have a limit on how much they can use their powers in one night. That cat's role confirms this. Use this intel however you want.

After expanding my knowledge, I had one last thing to check. I went to the Foyer to take a peek at that barrier, just to see if there are any clues to busting through it. I touched it, and heard a voice: “ONLY THE HEART OF THE DOMINION’S MASTER MAY BE SENT THROUGH THIS SPELL TO DESTROY IT…ALL OTHERS SHALL BE MET WITH DESPAIR.”

So we kill the big man and swipe his heart, got it. During this, I heard footsteps behind me, but when I turned around I only saw that cat lying on the floor. I don't think he was dead yet but he wasn't movin. Wack, but not my business. I turned in after that.
Emperor
I want to check out the Foyer, where Smasher dropped off the cat. I'm a bit curious how she did that without me seeing her, but that's another issue...
Smasher
what the fuck this isn't the woods by the studio. where am i? where is my lamppost? did i get hurled back in time? again? goddamn it

-woke up and yelled at something
-grabbed the cat and drug him into the foyer and left him there for someone to kill him. he was still alive when i left. emperor was near the west entrance
-duck into the kitchen to grab a rotten banana and a knife for self defense. i want to give the former to someone and if i did i have no clue who it was. wonderful
- check the vault for traps and there aren't any wtf dracula
-go to the game room, logan paul is looking for something but later leaves as hollywood bowl comes in. the two of us play darts for a bit
-look through the museum for secrets but find nothing
-read at the library for a bit. seems more areas will open up when certain souls are taken out. keep this in mind
-wanted to grab the trumpet that plays human screams to play it in the hallway but suddenly remember where in time i am and that the song i want to play does not yet exist so i instead do not do that
-who covered my doorway with seran wrap??? never do that again. go to bed after that annoyance
Lord Dracula
(Jun 26, 2023 at 4:50 PM)Two_Finger Wrote: can we borrow the merchants holy water there and try tossing some on an unburnt portion of the body?

You take the body out of the oven and, with the Merchant's permission, throw a bottle of holy water onto his chest. It's a degree of burning not matched by his time in the oven.
Lord Dracula
(Jun 26, 2023 at 6:16 PM)Emperor Wrote: I want to check out the Foyer, where Smasher dropped off the cat. I'm a bit curious how she did that without me seeing her, but that's another issue...

There is nothing suspicious about the Foyer, besides perhaps some saliva trails on the cobblestone floor.
The Merchant
(Jun 26, 2023 at 8:42 PM)Lord Dracula Wrote:
(Jun 26, 2023 at 6:16 PM)Emperor Wrote: I want to check out the Foyer, where Smasher dropped off the cat. I'm a bit curious how she did that without me seeing her, but that's another issue...

There is nothing suspicious about the Foyer, besides perhaps some saliva trails on the cobblestone floor.
Where do these trails lead?
Falconhoof
Greetings, travellers. It is a shame to see not all of us survived the night. Personally, I think I will avoid visting any more castles for the foreseeable future.

I had a short and relatively uneventful night. I firstly took to the Kitchen to retrieve a frying pan, hidden under my cloak to provide some base level of defense.

Following this, I then took to the Game Room and sat at the chess set, awaiting a challenger. Strangely, it appears the only one available was a Goose. If we are to search for beings with supernatural capabilities, look no further - this Goose is unnaturally good at chess.

We sat down to play a new version of chess I had devised, known as "Adventure Chess" - combining the strategy of chess with the fantasy and roleplay of Adventure Call. It took a little while to get off its feet, and it was odd playing guide to myself, but eventually the Goose emerged as the victor. Congratulations, traveller.

Unfortunately, the thing lunged for me (not with intent to kill, as far as I'm aware) and I ended up smacking it across the beak with my frying pan. After things went sour, I scurried off to the Pub, and helped myself to a robust whiskey.

After that, I went off to bed, noticing that short Lancer character coming into the Pub as I left.

I am sorry my account will be of little help, but if any of you wish to partake in a game of Adventure Chess, I will gladly be your guide.
GLORY SCROLL
acrmnsux_________£40
jizzgrenade________£5
drksouls2__________£1
The Merchant
As for my account... I can't say I saw too much, stranger.

I set up shop in the Courtyard, and the only visitors I had were Logan Paul with the tuba, and someone reacting to 'im. I stayed there all night, just in case a customer made themselves known.
Maitre D'eath
I would like to investigate the Library, looking for where the books were taken.

In addition, I would like to investigate the victim's pockets - to see if they have anything on them that might have been of use to them.

Finally - how are the books set up? Do they appear to have been tall enough to trip over?