KGVania Day 2: The Lancer's Last Joust

The Merchant
Like I said, discretion is guaranteed, so I've got no testimony for you lot, 'cuz all I did is sell my wares all night to my lovely customers, heh heh heh...

Can't rightfully explain the suit of armor I saw walking up north at the end o' my night though, stranger. 'Spose it isn't the strangest thing I've seen though....
The Merchant
Oi, speakin' of...

Check the suits of armor. Anything inside?
Smasher
- woke up
- made out with the hallway then broke into SEAL'S room. what did i do in there? wouldn't you like to know weather boy?
- headed to the courtyard to see the MERCHANT. what happened here is also irrelevant.
- went through the armory next, saw SAKUYA dusting everyone. i went downstairs and saw LEGO KOMAEDA follow me down. he went to the pit of oblivion
- checked out the burial grounds for curiosity's sake. there were weapons and even a spellbook in some of the graves. the corpses were all in states similar to the one we found next to our fallen friend this morning
- after finishing i headed back upstairs. LANCER entered the armory as i left and presumably went downstairs himself. didn't know at the time that this would be the last time i saw him alive. rip
- went all the way to the hanging gardens [edit: i double checked since she mentioned seeing me and SAKUYA was indeed here too]
- used the telescope to look down in the kitchen. i saw TWOFINGER enter and go to the fridge but the timer ran out before i found out exactly what he was doing. went back down after this
- grabbed a violin in the music room to play it for a bit. no one was there but i did notice a suit of armor by the vault [edit: the armor had blood on it]
- went to the bar where MAITRE was tending and i played FALCONHOOF'S chess game for a while. admittedly it was pretty good. i'd play it again
- played darts in the game room for a bit
- went to bed for the evening and there's plastic wrap on the door again. why. why are you like this
Smasher
is the suit of armor still by the vault? if so, what's the condition?
Lord Dracula
(Jul 18, 2023 at 10:00 PM)Falconhoof Wrote: Is there any space where the rapier could have been dropped into Lancer's chest from above? Is the Foyer reachable from the upper floor? Any rope dangling in the Foyer?

There is no such space. There is in general no upper floor of the Foyer accessible, nor is there any rope.

(Jul 18, 2023 at 11:44 PM)Emperor Wrote: Since it sounds like Lancer's body materialized through the ceiling, could we sweep the Hanging Gardens for any blood splatters or signs of a struggle? Let's also inspect those mysterious letters in the Greenery Garden.

Nothing unusual in the Hanging Gardens. As for the letters, they all depict scratchy drawings of a featureless man in a suit with black tendrils, with notes below them referring to him as the "Slender Man". There is a letter or number written on the corner of each one, and when assembled, it spells out "PIT-NIGHT3".

(Jul 19, 2023 at 12:36 AM)Smasher Wrote: check the burial grounds

A grave has been freshly dug out and looted, body and all, but otherwise, nothing unusual.

(Jul 19, 2023 at 6:04 AM)Emperor Wrote: Are there any rapiers in the Skeleton Armory?

There are indeed remaining rapiers in the armory.

(Jul 19, 2023 at 4:14 PM)Sakuya Wrote: Do the rapiers in the armory match the murder weapon?
Yes.

(Jul 19, 2023 at 4:46 PM)The Merchant Wrote: Oi, speakin' of...

Check the suits of armor. Anything inside?
Nothing inside the suit of armor besides a small amount of sweat (those things can get rather sweltering, you know).

(Jul 19, 2023 at 5:06 PM)Smasher Wrote: is the suit of armor still by the vault? if so, what's the condition?

You can still find the armor by that location. There is a medium-sized bloodstain near the waist area.
Sakuya
Logan Paul has agreed to let me inspect the blood on him. Does it look like the blood rained down on him? Maybe a splash that landed most heavily on his legs from the body landing next to him?
Sakuya
I would also like to inspect the cells for any messages left behind.
Lord Dracula
(Jul 19, 2023 at 8:15 PM)Sakuya Wrote: Logan Paul has agreed to let me inspect the blood on him. Does it look like the blood rained down on him? Maybe a splash that landed most heavily on his legs from the body landing next to him?

There seems to be a dash of blood on his shoes. Rather expensive looking ones, too. Quite devastating.

(Jul 19, 2023 at 8:19 PM)Sakuya Wrote: I would also like to inspect the cells for any messages left behind.

No messages have been left behind tonight.
Emperor
If I prop up Lancer's body next to the suit of armor, is his wound roughly level with the blood splatter?
Lord Dracula
(Jul 19, 2023 at 8:33 PM)Emperor Wrote: If I prop up Lancer's body next to the suit of armor, is his wound roughly level with the blood splatter?

Correct.
The Merchant
Hey stranger, where's the telescope in the Observatory pointed? Any signs of it being used?

Also, let's grab ol' Goose's body, stand 'im up, and stab 'im in the middle of the Armory just like Lancer. Does he leave blood splatters close to the ones on the floor in the Foyer?
Lord Dracula
(Jul 19, 2023 at 8:41 PM)The Merchant Wrote: Hey stranger, where's the telescope in the Observatory pointed? Any signs of it being used?

Also, let's grab ol' Goose's body, stand 'im up, and stab 'im in the middle of the Armory just like Lancer. Does he leave blood splatters close to the ones on the floor in the Foyer?

The telescope was last left pointed towards the Kitchen. You're granted permission to open up the telescope mechanism, whereupon you see that there were two 5-cent gold coins left inside (note that the fee to use it is 5 cents).

Upon your Goose experiment, there is a pool of blood that's mostly localized to no more than a few inches away from the body, in contrast to the more spread-out diameter of Lancer's blood. The shape of it is also just that, a pool, compared to the more erratic splatter that Lancer left behind.
Logan Paul
@Lord Dracula I would like to search the available rooms for blood splatters.
Lord Dracula
(Jul 19, 2023 at 11:51 PM)Logan Paul Wrote: @Lord Dracula I would like to search the available rooms for blood splatters.
And here I was thinking you would never ask.

In addition to the Foyer, there are some hints of blood by the edge of the Pit of Oblivion.
Hollywood Bowl
Stab Black Cat and huck him into the Pit of Oblivion.
Lord Dracula
(Jul 20, 2023 at 12:01 AM)Hollywood Bowl Wrote: Stab Black Cat and huck him into the Pit of Oblivion.

After being consumed by the darkness of the pit, you witness Black Cat manifesting 25 feet above the Foyer before falling.