Vertette
you know, it just hit me how weird it is that i got banned from mfgg and shit on by staff and friends for supposedly harassing a member off-site without any evidence, only for said member to later say "o yea lol nvm it wasnt you" and then nobody even said oops we made a mistake our bad

then that member turns out to be a groomer

idk ive been drinking whiskey

thank you for reading my thread
Yrrzy
yea it was a bit fucked
Fun With Despair
idk I think I said as much on mfgg
Spritanium
I like the mfgg people who just left 15 years ago and never came back. I never had to learn about how they're actually awful
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Vertette
(Aug 3, 2023 at 9:19 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: idk I think I said as much on mfgg

ye i think so

(Aug 7, 2023 at 5:47 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I like the mfgg people who just left 15 years ago and never came back. I never had to learn about how they're actually awful

even mecha?

oh wait he kept coming back to the wiki to try and scrub the fact he made ahit off the internet until the wiki got closed lol
Spritanium
My opinion about mechabowser is biased because he hosted all my websites for free for years
Vertette
i think hes a sociopath because he actually enjoyed donkey kong 64
T-man
I shat on AHiT relentlessly before it came out because it was made by MechaBowser but then I played it and it was actually pretty good, better than Yooka-Laylee at least

I wonder how MechaSonic is doing these days
Vertette
he was on mfgg's discord until recently, i think hes doing ok

last i spoke to him, it was about a mutual friend removing both of us from her friend list after dj coco found out what we thought was her girlfriend was actually a guy. not like trans or crossdressing, he just liked pretending to be a woman online and our friend got mad that all her friends knew and blocked us all
Draku
(Aug 8, 2023 at 4:36 PM)Vertette Wrote: i think hes a sociopath because he actually enjoyed donkey kong 64
DK64 is better than your favorite video game.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
(Aug 8, 2023 at 5:05 PM)Vertette Wrote: he was on mfgg's discord until recently, i think hes doing ok

last i spoke to him, it was about a mutual friend removing both of us from her friend list after dj coco found out what we thought was her girlfriend was actually a guy. not like trans or crossdressing, he just liked pretending to be a woman online and our friend got mad that all her friends knew and blocked us all

i can't not ask for as many details as possible here. so he's this guy that you guys all know that just pretends to be a girl online to date other women... but purely for the thrill of the hunt, instead of a trans or kink thing?
100% pure gamer 100%
Logan Paul
(Aug 9, 2023 at 1:24 AM)Draku Wrote:
(Aug 8, 2023 at 4:36 PM)Vertette Wrote: i think hes a sociopath because he actually enjoyed donkey kong 64
DK64 is better than your favorite video game.
You're replying to Vertette not Spritanium.
Fun With Despair
dk64 with the anytime kong swap mod is decent though going for 100% in that is still an invitation to neck yourself
Draku
(Aug 9, 2023 at 6:32 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: dk64 with the anytime kong swap mod is decent though going for 100% in that is still an invitation to neck yourself
The thing that every person who plays DK64 in modern times misses is that

the game was not primarily made with the intent of you 101%ing it. THIS IS A MODERN INVENTION.

super mario 64 was not made with the intent of the average player getting 120 stars, either. the ENTIRE GAME is based around the idea of a 70 star run stuff like the 100 coin stars are there in case a player were to really enjoy a world so much they actually went and got all of them. very few players were ever meant to see yoshi at the top of the castle, that's something you do if you ENJOYED going out of your way and doing everything. DK64 is the same shit and no one who played it well after it came out notices because OH MY GOD HOW AM I MEANT TO GET ALL THESE COLLECTIBLES

YOU FUCKING DON'T

these games are made with the intention of you having so much content to go through that it's down to player choice on what you do to beat the game. that is the actual game design goal of a properly made ""collectathon"" 3d platformer. they are fun precisely because they offer choice to the player, not the tedium of painstakingly collecting everything to satisfy some completely unnecessary urge.

you do not have to come even CLOSE to 101%ing DK64 to beat it. there is an ENORMOUS amount of leeway in what exactly you do to clear each world and beat the final boss. if anything, i would say the biggest game design mistake is the two completely random retro coins you have to get to fight the final boss as they have nothing to do with the rest of the game. the game has an insane amount of content in it, you're meant to pick and choose at your fancy what interests you and clear worlds that way.

snides hq and all the blueprint stuff is completely optional for the most part, too. there's so many because you do definitely want to have longer to do the final level but you don't need THAT fucking long. again, there's a lot of leeway specifically so you can pick and choose how you go about doing shit. if one of the blueprint guards is inconvenient for you to kill then, just, don't kill him. it's totally fine. you're not breaking any laws of gaming or some shit.

"but draku the game has a 101% ending! it was clearly intended!" AS AN EXTRA

IF YOU REALLY REALLY liked the game SO MUCH and thus DID NOT FIND IT TEDIOUS to do everything, you are rewarded for it in a cheeky way. they know your ass went above and beyond, so 101%.

"but draku there are so many bananas in inconvenient areas and i NEED to get all of them!"
wrong again fucker, EVEN FOR THE GAME'S 101% COUNTER they always intended for there to be a large amount of leeway on that end, hence why they're all over the god damned place. you only need 3/4ths of a stage's total banana count to get all 40 banana medals if you really, really must. and how many of those 40 do you need to beat the game normally?

FUCKING FIFTEEN.

LESS THAN HALF.

and guess what? five of them aren't even tied to banana collection and are just part of hideout helm!

and hell it's only to unlock jetpac for the gayass rare coin anyways. so you don't need them with any urgency, you just slowly get those 10 over the course of the entire game and you're fine. chances are you will get most of those without even really intending to. otherwise the huge surplus of bananas is just to unlock boss doors which don't need anywhere near all of the bananas in a given level to get through.

speaking of half, there are 201 golden bananas with 1 being a secret extra that has no holding on completion.

you need 100 to beat the game.

banana fairies? optional! they just give you little bonuses! the 1 banana from them literally can not be the deciding factor to open the way to hideout helm anyhow.

just pick the shit you want to do. frustrated by a part of the game or don't want to stick your nose into EVERY corner? then don't! you were straight up never really meant to!
Vertette
(Aug 9, 2023 at 1:47 AM)sealelement Wrote: i can't not ask for as many details as possible here. so he's this guy that you guys all know that just pretends to be a girl online to date other women... but purely for the thrill of the hunt, instead of a trans or kink thing?

no no, let me explain better

back when i was 13, so about 14 years ago, me and dj coco met through this chick from mfgg, let's call her aspergirl. our sense of humor was similar so the three of us quickly became good friends. our social circle included some other obscure mfgg members and some others im pretty sure nobody remembers. anyway, aspergirl was a lesbian but still dated dj coco for a brief time for some reason, they broke up, and a few years later when i was 18 or so she got a new girlfriend, some obscure indie dev. anyway aspergirl, her "girlfriend" and dj coco planned to make an indie game together so girlfriend makes a skype account and added coco as a friend so they could all communicate. "she" put up a fucking photo of himself, beard and all, as his skype profile pic and dj coco got confused and asked who it was, and it turns out that was "her". aspergirl's "girlfriend" was actually a dude, but pretended to be a woman online for some reason (again, he wasn't trans or a crossdresser or whatever, we asked) and he apparently didn't realize other people could see his avatar so oops the secret was out now

so dj coco told everyone in our social group and we were all surprised and confused. i tried to offer aspergirl my sympathy, saying "im sorry to hear your boyfriend lied about being a girl", but she stayed in denial about the whole thing replying with "wdym im not dating a guy" so i was like ok sure whatever, if that's how you're gonna be about it. so next morning i check my friend list and found aspergirl removed me from her friend list and after checking with coco this extended to everyone else in our social circle as well (including mechasonic/raikyo). we were both pretty confused and ended up confronting her boyfriend on a public forum (where they were both moderators) for lying and manipulating aspergirl, only to get permabanned by her, at which point she added me back on skype to ask me what the fuck we were thinking. there i asked her what the hell was going on and she said "well i got mad at coco for telling everyone and you for insulting my girlfriend" and i was like "i never insulted her how did you even get that impression" and she just responded "oh well it happens". i was pretty pissed that she would throw away a close friendship over some dumb misunderstanding so she could keep pretending to be a lesbian, so i told her to fuck a rake and blocked her

and that's the whole story lmao
Spritanium
If DK64 is good regardless of crazy optional collectibles, then Mario Sunshine is vindicated too. The game is made 100% better by a mod that basically just lets you do the shines in any order and doesn't kick you back to the hub after collecting one. They could've made that update to the base game with like an extra month of dev time
T-man
mario sunshine is such a good ass game, i was playing around the other day and discovered that its fun to use the rocket nozzle on the tightropes

Spritanium
The game's biggest problem is that it's 75% dev complete and will stay that way forever
Draku
(Aug 9, 2023 at 1:17 PM)Spritanium Wrote: If DK64 is good regardless of crazy optional collectibles, then Mario Sunshine is vindicated too. The game is made 100% better by a mod that basically just lets you do the shines in any order and doesn't kick you back to the hub after collecting one. They could've made that update to the base game with like an extra month of dev time
you don't have to mod dk64 to fix anything about it though, it's just a flat out good game that's actually finished

dk64 is a 3d platformer with collectibles that knows that players should not be forced to do everything in such a game and has an an abundance of content precisely for that reason.

sunshine is a game that was being made with the open design sensibilities of mario 64 and then was retrofitted to be a linear piece of shit where almost none of the shines are fun to get and the level design is super ass. but there is no choice in the matter, you HAVE to get the main 6 shines per level that they bothered to (mostly) finish, plus the embarrassing filler shadow mario ones. there is an 8th shine per world but these ones were so terribly designed that even when they were trying to figure out how to make up for the huge lack of content they made them optional. except they're not optional in the logical progression sense that mario 64 and dk64 utilize, they ONLY serve to act as a progression point for the 120 shine goal and offer nothing else. and getting 120 shines requires blue coins which are far, FAR worse than any collectible in dk64, like holy shit.

the only reason why 120 shines are in the game at all is because mario 64 had 120 stars and it would be even more embarrassing to visibly not reach that goal (newflash: they did not. sunshine has no content, at all). but even unlike these other great games that have optional and varied progression methods, this unfinished piece of shit doesn't even try to reward you for getting everything if you ripped all of your toenails off and actually got all of the blue coins. "oh, uh, we weren't, actually expecting anyone to want to do that" - miyamoto, probably. they slapped a photo into the ending and were like "yeah yeah that'll do"

man sunshine didn't even have a fun hub world and literally EVERYTHING in the one that's there is pointless to do because you won't gain any progression from it. i sincerely WISH they said fuck it and made a revised version of the game with an extra year or two of dev time to actually finish it as a mario 64 sequel, but i guess everyone hated how it turned out and thought it was embarrassing enough as it is without flat out admitting it needed a do-over.
T-man
too bad all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that you can spray a path of water in front of you and slide on it really fast