T-man
fuck unreal engine, fuck speed tree, fuck people with photosensitivity jk, fuck your partner studios, and fuck you

you boot up a nintendo game these days and unless there's some kind of cinematic it spits you out right at the title screen with no fanfare, how do they do it?

you know what else sucks? EULAs. you buy some shit like we love katamari reroll and you're presented with three legal documents you need to agree to before you can play your wacky ps2 game

the future fuckin blows, probably for reasons other than video games but id rather complain about those
Spritanium
I don't think I've enjoyed a non-nintendo video game since 2013. It's all about buying an entire lifestyle now, you can't just pay $60 and have a complete game in your collection forever. And if a game is online it basically has the shelf life of milk
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
(Aug 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I don't think I've enjoyed a non-nintendo video game since 2013. It's all about buying an entire lifestyle now, you can't just pay $60 and have a complete game in your collection forever. And if a game is online it basically has the shelf life of milk

play more indie games
King Piranha Plant
(Aug 9, 2023 at 11:17 PM)Yrrzy Wrote:
(Aug 9, 2023 at 1:13 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I don't think I've enjoyed a non-nintendo video game since 2013. It's all about buying an entire lifestyle now, you can't just pay $60 and have a complete game in your collection forever. And if a game is online it basically has the shelf life of milk

play more indie games

I second this

Almost everything indie is better now because capitalistic future shit ruined everything mainstream, indie/local musicians are better, indie films are better, indie games especially better
T-man
play bomb rush cyberfunk
Spritanium
Indie is a good idea yeah, I think at this point indie games are basically at the same level of detail/aesthetic as the ancient source games I play anyway
[Image: supercorrect.png]