Charles Martinet stepping down from voicing Mario characters

T-man
[Image: Screenshot-20230821-100255-X.jpg]

The saddest I-told-you-so ever, fuck normies on Twitter for giving me shit for noticing a difference in the Mario Wonder trailer

That said, the new voice was 90% perfect with only one or two voice clips that made me go "Wait, who the fuck is that?"
Elyk
RIP
Yrrzy
welcoming Chris Pratt to the role
Dude
damn end of an era
can't believe the conspiracy theory was true
Spritanium
Damn it's more like the end of a dynasty. This guy has been Mario for my entire life. Props to Nintendo for replacing him with a soundalike à la Looney Tunes, instead of just reinventing everything in the new movie aesthetic and making Mario sound like Chris Pratt forever
Spritanium
My only complaint is that I can do a fucking killer Mario voice (probably better than the guy in Wonder) and nobody asked me to send in an audition tape
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
prove it
Spritanium
I don't work for free
Elyk
1000 EX
sealelement
2,000 EX
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
just throwing it out there before the replacements are revealed, im betting nintendo hires local talent rather than gaijins
Spritanium
They should return to the N64 days of just having the characters voiced by random devs around the studio
King Piranha Plant
I actually don't mind Mario changing if he's still a good emulation of the voice, bc even when it came to Martinet, I always liked his Mario 64 voice most and honestly found it infinitely different, and goofier, than the more friendly and higher pitched voice he ended up doing in the later 2000's/2010's

Tho this is def bittersweet ;_;
Vertette
(Aug 22, 2023 at 6:45 PM)Spritanium Wrote: They should return to the N64 days of just having the characters voiced by random devs around the studio

i miss german wario ngl
Spritanium
In honor of our buddy chuck here is the wildest recording session of all time

Draku
(Aug 22, 2023 at 9:39 PM)Spritanium Wrote: In honor of our buddy chuck here is the wildest recording session of all time

[Image: s2n7oi.png]
King Piranha Plant
"_____t h e__h o r r o r_____"

-Mario, Super Mario Sunshine
Spritanium
Fun fact, I think the tentative voice clips from the SM64 beta were from old Looney Tunes sessions. So technically, one of Mario's voice actors is probably Mel Blanc
T-man
(Aug 23, 2023 at 3:25 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Fun fact, I think the tentative voice clips from the SM64 beta were from old Looney Tunes sessions. So technically, one of Mario's voice actors is probably Mel Blanc
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the enthusiasts who've been trying to find and source every asset in Mario 64 have found the sound effects archive CD Nintendo used, like how Bowser is just like jaguar_001.wav or something.
Elyk
https://twitter.com/KevinAfghani/status/...0218181648