interactive characters for your desktop are underrated

T-man
i know the goddamn purple monkey gave all my desktop dwelling homies a bad name but seriously this is just such an ingenious concept for a digital toy that it bums me out that there aren't more

where is the little mario you can control that runs along your task bar, hits your icons like blocks, and jumps on your windows??
T-man
nickelodeon had a series of these that blew my fuckin mind

[Image: Itoons-itoontoys-cover.png]

[Image: Itoons-itoontoys-fop.png]
Yrrzy
i remember the little pixel cat one i loved it
Yrrzy
this one
Draku
the desktop toa set were the coolest fucking thing ever and by far the highest production value version of these things i've ever seen.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I think this kind of app mostly died because it was so closely associated with malware. The nickelodeon ones look sweet though
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
i also remember this one fun thing called stress.exe that just took a shitty snapshot of your desktop and then gave you a couple of weapons like a flamethrower or machine gun to swap between to blast away at it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
(Aug 28, 2023 at 6:19 AM)Draku Wrote: i also remember this one fun thing called stress.exe that just took a shitty snapshot of your desktop and then gave you a couple of weapons like a flamethrower or machine gun to swap between to blast away at it

I loved that one.
T-man
(Aug 28, 2023 at 6:19 AM)Draku Wrote: i also remember this one fun thing called stress.exe that just took a shitty snapshot of your desktop and then gave you a couple of weapons like a flamethrower or machine gun to swap between to blast away at it
That sounds badass, reminds me of NetDisaster
King Piranha Plant
With how popular ChatGPT became in 2023 I'm surprised there isn't a little desktop chibi catgirl or catboy that goes "As an AI language model I do not have feelings and cannot process your request"
Yrrzy
those apps dont say that, they say "pay $80 a month to enable relationship mode"
sealelement
i had the desktop bohrok at one point and that was lit. i liked it
100% pure gamer 100%