Do you buy physical or digital games

Draku
(Dec 31, 2023 at 2:18 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I do think the carts are too small. I don't think an N64 game ends up lost very often
[Image: LRslEWx.jpg]

gentlemen, i have a solution
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Dec 29, 2023 at 7:05 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Hi it's me the "always buy physical games" guy. I regret to inform you that switch cartridges are small and easily lost
(Dec 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I'm trying to joke about it but it really sucks, we had all our switch cartridges in a couple of tiny storage cases, and my best guess is that they were thrown away accidentally while wrapping gifts. I hope some kid at least finds them and it makes their day.

I think this incident has sold me on digital games. My licenses to play them might not last 30 years into the future, but at least they can't slide off my fucking coffee table and get pushed away by the roomba or whatever
That really sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. It just goes to show physical is only king so long as you don't lose it, damage it, have it stolen from you, or get it ruined by act of God. The only thing we can count on for long term access to our games is the fine folks backing up, cracking, and reverse engineering them. I hope you're able to find your games and put them all back in their cases again, those little MadCatz cartridge containers have always given me anxiety for just this reason.
Spritanium
They never made a PSA about this so I had no idea
[Image: supercorrect.png]
rtsmarty
Digital only motherfucker
GamerTower
I haven't bought a single digital game since I think year 2 of the Switch, since then I've became team digital.
Yrrzy
i bought a physical edition of a game because they didnt sell merch and i wanted smth to display, even tho i wont play that physical version
Spritanium
I'm buying TTYD physical and nobody can stop me. Gotta have that box
JumboDS64
I buy digital. I'd prefer to truly own my game copies, but digital is just so convenient...
Spritanium
They should be legally required to do that blu-ray thing where you buy the physical version and they include a digital download too

I guess the caveat is that you can share one game between a total of two systems at a time, but my counterpoint would be who cares