Spritanium
Is there any industry that has grown more in the last decade than food delivery? I remember 10 years ago if I felt like food from a restaurant without picking it up, my choices were either pizza or chinese. When they showed up they were carrying a little device to scan my debit card. I'm just thinking about how mind-blowingly different this is today. Nowadays I'm mad if somebody even needs help finding my address, whereas when I was a kid it was a normal occurrence to help the poor delivery kid find out where tf they're supposed to drive. I think it's interesting and stupid that food delivery is seemingly the greatest technological advancement of the last 10 years, but I also think it's cool that I can get some weird guy to drop taco bell off at my doorstep for probably 10% of the actual market rate for that absurd service.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
sealelement
i think its a bubble being propped up by venture capital tbh. it is super nice especially for lazy ppl like me (and was great during the pandemic) but also like... can not be sustained as a business model
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
(Oct 22, 2023 at 3:42 AM)sealelement Wrote: i think its a bubble being propped up by venture capital tbh. it is super nice especially for lazy ppl like me (and was great during the pandemic) but also like... can not be sustained as a business model
It's this, it's extremely convenient but the bottom line has got to be completely fucked.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
I'm always amazed when I hear about people who use these services and don't tip. Like, I get it. After they've added two or three separate fees at the end I don't feel much like tipping either, that's why I pick the lowest percentage and get my food cold

There's likely an assumption they're a paid employee and a resistance to understanding that you just had an app find a random commuter to get you Mickey D's and you're both getting fucked on this deal