Redead-ITA
I found this forum on an affiliate surfing, So far i don't see anything wrong with it but it begs the question:
does the forum have people talking about sprite fights or flash animations in general?

Not to sound rude, but i think it would make sense to see it here, seeing the site affiliates.
Yrrzy
do people still make those
Redead-ITA
in regards to sprite fights there are still being made and you can pick a couple, most notably: MapleMation, MapleRiot and Soleruin, The first 2 are mostly for maplestory characters (MapleRiot is actually more in the general themeing) while the Soleruin is for Kirby related ones.
In addition to that, i also do animations of this caliber!
As for flash animations in general... you have a wider range to be honest.
Yrrzy
thats fucked up
Dude
there's merit to learning general animation principles through this kinda stuff but you probably won't build an audience here, we're all too old and jaded
maybe if you hit the next step and started making your own sprites/artwork in general
Redead-ITA
(Oct 26, 2023 at 7:08 PM)Dude Wrote: there's merit to learning general animation principles through this kinda stuff but you probably won't build an audience here, we're all too old and jaded
maybe if you hit the next step and started making your own sprites/artwork in general

I just like Seeing sprite fights, because sometimes you can find your casual Sonic vs Mario video or sometimes you find something so balls to the walls it leaves your mind blown. (Mine was Mario and luigi vs Goku and vegeta).
That being said while i sort of agree with your statement (mostly the latter) i can see the sprite fight format still has potential to be pushed, it doesn't necesarrily mean you have to use Game sprites.
T-man
I really liked your animation, but why is Tails fighting himself? Is it it a metaphor for his internal struggle?
Redead-ITA
(Oct 26, 2023 at 8:29 PM)T-man Wrote: I really liked your animation, but why is Tails fighting himself? Is it it a metaphor for his internal struggle?
I am glad you like it and no, i kind of explained in the video description but the TL;DR is that the process for converting the sprite from pixel to vector is a somewhat rough approach, though i did found out a better and faster process after releasing it. (turns out there is a script you can use that will automatically paste your stuff already vectored which is super useful.)

The animation itself has no Direct meaning, as for tails specifically, is because i like the character and it was my first time i made a sprite fight.
Elyk
What does the ITA in your name stand for?
Redead-ITA
(Oct 31, 2023 at 8:37 PM)Elyk Wrote: What does the ITA in your name stand for?
Italy, i Come from there.
GamerTower
I still watch some Kirby FC sprite fights if thats important
Redead-ITA
(Dec 5, 2023 at 4:45 AM)GamerTower Wrote: I still watch some Kirby FC sprite fights if thats important
I have watched some myself and i found them neat, makes me wonder if they have their own equivalent to SMBZ though.