T-man
[Image: tumblr_o5jzalnSir1rrftcdo1_500.gifv]

the remake comes out next week, my only exposure to this game was buying it on the wii virtual console when i was like 12 and being like

[Image: Screenshot-20231110-194930.jpg]

this game is very special to a lot of people so im looking forward to giving it a real shot, maybe ill finally understand why people won't shut up about geno in smash
Draku
You won't understand it. He's definitely cool but he doesn't do shit in the actual game.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
are you seriously telling me its really been "wow cool puppet!!" this entire time
Draku
(Nov 11, 2023 at 2:06 AM)T-man Wrote: are you seriously telling me its really been "wow cool puppet!!" this entire time
Yes.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
yeah I love smrpg but never really understood the geno hype
Spritanium
I always understood Geno hype as people just being excited by an actually-interesting character design in the Mario series
[Image: supercorrect.png]
King Piranha Plant
Wow I legit thought there was some deep emotional like, backstory for Geno that people were attached to or something lol

I'm in the same boat where I've never completed it and couldn't quite figure out what I was missing. I do think it's a special game though, adore the unique odd graphical and musical feel of it. So much so in how dated it is, that I don't think i'd want to play a remake. Like, I play that game specificlly to experience the weird retro feel of it. And I can see where games I love like Paper Mario totally ripped so much from it as the OG blueprint.
Yrrzy
[Image: F-w2qYpWsAAsxd4?format=jpg&name=small]
T-man
I get it now
geno7
: )
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
King Piranha Plant
Remake good so far

But $60 asinine
T-man
Alright, I played more than I did last time, I just got to the Forest Maze and zoomers ruined the song for me, I can't stop hearing the words

The game is very fun, but the remake seems a little too easy. I was beating practically everything in my sleep until a special enemy Wiggler woke my ass up. They definitely needed to add a hard mode that's balanced to be challenging with the new battle mechanics. It probably doesn't help that I'm a take-on-all-comers kind of RPG player, if you're on screen and you give EXP I want to kick your ass.
Spritanium
I'm having fun with this. God damn Nintendo got a lot of my money this month.

I never really got into the SNES version because it has a distinctly bootleggy quality to its visual style that never really appealed to me. But I wish I gave it a shot earlier, because it's really clear how it forms the basis for Paper Mario and M&L
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Kabuto
I got the remake on QVC of all places for 40$, paying 8$ a month for 5 months. For that kind of pricing it's a steal. I don't think it's worth 60$. I did manage to actually complete the game this time which I can't say for the original because I got stuck a lot due to the weird isometric physics, which the remake still has to an extent, but they're just a lot more manageable now. I really liked the attack timing stuff being a constant that carries through battles, but I think I got so good at it that it made the game trivially easy. I only had to retry Culex once, which was not what I was expecting. I haven't gone through NG+ yet, we'll see if 3D Culex gives me a run for my money or not.
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]