Spritanium
What does this question mean to you? Whenever a fast food employee asks me this, I say "no" as in "no, the items are fine as they come". But they always seem to interpret my "no" as "no, I fucking hate sauce, don't give me any of that shit" and now I have pancakes without syrup.

Do I really have to clarify that I don't want any extra sauce, but I do want the thing I paid for? If they ask me "do you want any sauce" and I say "everything is fine the way it comes" I feel like they'd be even more confused. I also feel like I shouldn't have to go through extra steps to just order something with zero customization. It's like the question is just a red herring to avoid giving me my full order, and I wish it just wasn't asked.

Some restaurants have moved on to adding sauces as $0.00 menu items that need to actually be included in the order, which mostly solves the issue unless the zonked-out teenager filling my order forgets sauce is a thing that exists. Actually in general if an item is less than 6 inches large, there's a 50/50 chance it just isn't showing up in the bag

I don't know what the point of this thread is
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
Now in the case of pancakes I would definitely make sure there's syrup (as I've had various places not give me any by default with no additional questioning despite that making no fucking sense), so that's sort of on you (it honestly shouldn't be), though I wouldn't call it "sauce", that's fucking weird.

>I also feel like I shouldn't have to go through extra steps to just order something with zero customization

This isn't really what you meant but I abhor the fact that every restaurant under the sun treats a burger as a cheeseburger inherently rather than having it as an option. It always feels like such a struggle to do something as simple as order a burger without cheese on it. Funnily enough going to try out Freddy's recently was literally the first time I have EVER been asked if I wanted a burger of a cheeseburger in regards to their default menu items.

Honestly ordering via drive-thru is somehow such an ordeal most of the time that I'm thankful that mobile ordering is a thing now. A slight pain in the ass to set up initially for everywhere but I've never had an order wrong since and the whole process at the actual window is so much faster that it's worth it. Plus they constantly want to give you free food.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Miscommunication during food transactions just seems inevitable at this point. I'm a pretty basic bitch so my orders don't get fucked up very often, but I've resigned to just rolling with whatever they give me in most cases. People are fucking savages when dealing with service workers and my sympathy tends to dissuade me from trying to get orders corrected. My family has always used the phrase "as it comes" when making an order without customization and despite how self-explanatory it seems there have been a few times the person taking our order didn't understand.

I wonder how many of these fuck ups happen these days due to shitty digital user interfaces, I don't know what taking or receiving an order looks like on their end.
Spritanium
Yeah I'm not really mad at the employees, it's a minor inconvenience and I have syrup at home

Maybe I should actually just lean into it and say I want one of every sauce when they ask
Draku
(Nov 13, 2023 at 1:35 AM)T-man Wrote: Miscommunication during food transactions just seems inevitable at this point. I'm a pretty basic bitch so my orders don't get fucked up very often, but I've resigned to just rolling with whatever they give me in most cases. People are fucking savages when dealing with service workers and my sympathy tends to dissuade me from trying to get orders corrected. My family has always used the phrase "as it comes" when making an order without customization and despite how self-explanatory it seems there have been a few times the person taking our order didn't understand.

I wonder how many of these fuck ups happen these days due to shitty digital user interfaces, I don't know what taking or receiving an order looks like on their end.
>I wonder how many of these fuck ups happen these days due to shitty digital user interfaces, I don't know what taking or receiving an order looks like on their end.
I have seen many restaurants revamp the ordering interface so that your order is shown back to you at the drive-thru. This solves a LOT of miscommunication though even when everything is obviously right the person making your food can still botch it (rarely).

And yes, obviously the move is never to give the service people shit, they're underpaid and understaffed, of course mistakes are gonna happen. I'll generally take things even if a mistake has been made unless it was a REALLY big mistake like somehow getting the wrong order entirely.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I got the wrong order at KFC last month, but KFC only has like 6 menu items, so the order I got was pretty much the same as my actual order but with twice as much food
Elyk
Eating a different sandwich from the one you ordered is a form of cuckoldry.