what is the objective best Mario franchise character design?

Yrrzy
i think chain chomp is the peak of character design but i wanna hear your thoughts
Hearts
old guard

[Image: RavenBig.jpg]

new blood

[Image: 640px-Shiverian_1.JPG]
Draku
Dry Bones.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
all pretty valid options tbh
Spritanium
Main series only or the whole franchise?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
(Nov 14, 2023 at 6:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Main series only or the whole franchise?

any
T-man
Piranha Plant seems to get pushed pretty hard both in games and merchandising, so it must resonate with a lot of people. I'd definitely place it in the upper echelon of Mario designs. I wonder if they get so much love because of how closely associated they are to warp pipes, which are another one of Mario's most iconic features.

Personally I've always been fond of Biddybuds from 3D Land and 3D World, particularly the winged variety. I like how they march and fly in colorful lines, and their round shape makes them look fun to bounce off of.

[Image: 1280px-Para-Biddybuds_Artwork_-_Super_Ma..._World.png]

My classic pick would be Shy Guy, love these little bastards, every color and variant is great.

[Image: MPS_Shy_Guy_Artwork.png]

The only thing I don't love about Shy Guy are his scary noodle legs, makes me wonder what's under his cloak.
Spritanium
Wow that's a tough question. It's hard for me to look at most Mario character designs on a critical level. So many of them are just blobs wearing clown shoes but I love them anyway

It almost never makes sense in a Mario game why something looks the way it does, so idk what qualifies as good character design at that point. Many of the characters are iconic but I'm not sure how that factors in

I think I actually want to pick Mario himself, since it's inexplicable why a hairy overweight trade worker is something kids want to wear on their t-shirts. Shigeru must've had a monkey's paw for that one
T-man
You know what, it's actually Bowser
Spritanium
I don't like bowser's punk bracelets
Elyk
(Nov 14, 2023 at 7:14 PM)T-man Wrote: You know what, it's actually Bowser

Close, it's actually Bowsette.
Yrrzy
[Image: chompy-chain-chomp.gif]
[Image: WpaFIoe.gif]
it doesnt get much better than this
Two_Finger
boos are peak cute
[Image: HD-wallpaper-yoshi-and-boo-mario-boo-shy...-games.jpg]
King Piranha Plant
[Image: 8y0v9wyynsb91.png]

"Attacky Sack", Yoshi's Story
Spritanium
That should be the minus world mascot
King Piranha Plant
(Nov 15, 2023 at 7:10 PM)Spritanium Wrote: That should be the minus world mascot

[Image: mDsAlxf.png]
Redead-ITA
the NES goomba
it's literally perfect in every single Pixel of it.
and it's just a mushroom reskin, with boots and angry eyes.
T-man
@Yrrzy check out this new Japanese Nintendo product, I think it's up your alley

[Image: 20231116-112417.jpg]

Between this and the Pikmin wind-up toys, I'm getting pretty sick of not getting any cool Nintendo shit on this side of the globe
Kabuto
peter piranha
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]