Fun With Despair
[Image: spooksposter2_ggvt6t.png]

UPDATE

Now that our playercount is starting to get up there, I've decided that I'm setting a final player limit of 30 players, or a maximum of 10 per dorm. This will keep the game manageable, though if we hit the maximum and you wish to sign up as a backup in case of a dropout or AFK death, you are welcome to.

In addition, there are a few updates to the rules, for clarification's sake.

Quote:AFK Rules
  • You are allowed one AFK per game, barring a good excuse for your absence.
  • A second AFK will result in you becoming the victim of the next kill, or barring that possibility, functionally equivalent to a Forbidden Action death, albeit with no trial.
  • If you AFK, it will be announced in the Case Files. As a result, faking an AFK is impossible.

Bedtime
  • It is highly encouraged to return to your dorm at night.
  • If you do not willingly return to your dorm at the end of the night, unless otherwise stated, you will be inflicted with a random Curse, which can carry a variety of debuffs. These Curses will accumulate until you return to your dorm.
  • You do not accumulate Curses if you are KO'd for the rest of the night or otherwise kept from returning to bed by force.

Rerolls
  • If you are not satisfied with your role, you may reroll it into a new one.
  • Your reroll will be part of the same role group, to avoid spoilers in case you belong to a secret category.
  • Any reroll options past the first will be disregarded.

With that in mind, I'd like to announce the official start date for the game, the beginning of Day 0, as

December 10th, 2023

If this is too far in the future, or is not compatible with your plans, then let me know and I will allow you to drop out, though for the rest of you, take this time to assemble your dupe assets or make a game plan if you wish. I will likely distribute roles before the start date to allow for early questions or role rerolls, so stay alert.

But, until then... Be patient. Sit, relax, gather some talksprites, bide your time.

For soon, we walk towards the [̴̵̷̵̸̵̸̶̵̶̶̵̵̴̵̷̴̶̶̶̸̵̵̶̷̷̷̸̴̷̷̷̵̴̢̡̧̡̨̡̧̨̢̨̛̹̣͉̳̩͎͎̝̟̠̙̘̩̙̥̯͖͈̤̖͎͖̝̱͔̱̰͉̣͔̳̣͈̯͉͉̻̳̪̹̯̟̩̲̞͕̼̭̯̠̰̼̟̰̞͖̝̳͍͙͍̒̌͊̎́́̏͛̍͒̏̓̑̓͒͂̋̌̑͊̀͆̽̆̅̒̅́͑̃̌̃̄̏͒͒̅̈́̈́̏͆̒͂̋̾͑͒͛̀̎̾̾̔͗̽͊͐͑͒̒̏̈́̃̈̄̋̂͌͗́̚͘͘̕͘̕͜͝͠͝͝͠͝]]H̶̵̸̶̴̵̨̛̪̫̜̻̖̜͚̪͕̎̀̊̔̾̔̒͗̔̋́͘͝͠e̶̵̷̶̷̴̵̴̶̴̵̛̜͈̪͇͈̦͖̤̘͇͇͙̬͓̦̦͇̼̖̱̓̈́̍̀̔̎̆̋̋̓́̾͋̿̏̀͐̃̀̐̈́͘̚̚͜ͅą̴̴̴̸̷̸̴̸̴̵̸̴̴̷̶̵̵̸̸̷̶̴̷̸̸̶̷̶̸̸̵̧̧̢̢̢̧̛̛̛̛̛͓͖̜̳̰̮̰͙̥̤̪͈̲̫̥̖̖̰̙̖̪̗̙͕͎͎̟̙̫̯͖̘͈̣͔͍̞̱̜͕̯̖͓̺̱̙͚͎̣͓̤̠̗͈̝̯̹̝͎̲̱̊͆̿̾̌̄̇͐͛̈́̔͂͐̈̅̒̐͒͆͆̉͂͒͗̏̑͊́̍̑͋͆̽̈̽͆̌́͑͐̊̓̃̌̿͋̋̐̈́͆̌̾̓̿̓̄̒͐̈̈́̎̀̿͗͌́̄̚̕͝͝ͅͅͅͅv̸̷̴̶̶̵̸̷̸̵̶̶̶̷̷̴̴̸̶̴̶̵̸̶̷̴̸̵̸̶̷̴̶̶̷̵̶̴̸̴̵̡̡̧̢̨̢̧̨̡̧̛̛̛͓̣̭̫̺̤̼̟̻̳͙̬̫̳̻̱̺̪̜̞͚̟͔͍̯̮̩͇͓̣̣̳͕̺̮̮̳̞̤͚͙̲̯͚̞͎͇͉̬͇̪̫͙͎̦̣̱̣̻̼̝͍͚͈̬̜͎̱̖̱̺̰͙̝͇̠̹̯͙͉̹̤͚̺͛̑͊́̓͋̑̊̀͛̔͛̎̍̀͂̊͐̾̔̓̉̅͂̊̈͋̊̆͒̄̎͂̓̃̒̍̈́̌͛̈̿͆̆̑́̊̿̌̑͌͌́́́̉̈́̂̏̓̾͆̍̊̿̎̄̎̈̈́̍̍͂͂́̂̅̀̅̒͑̈́͊̆̾́̊͆̃̈̒͘͘͜͠͠͝͝ȅ̸̴̶̴̵̴̴̵̵̶̷̸̴̸̶̶̸̴̶̸̵̵̴̸̷̷̸̷̶̷̡̧̧̡̢̨̢̨̛͖͈̫̫͙͓̩̯̗̞̲͇̹̪̼̺̩̠̺̱̠̤̩͍͓̰̝̫̣̖̹͙̺̱̯̼͚̟͙̗̤͎͕͈̠̥̼̦̩̼͇̞̟͙͔͎̦̤͍̳͖͉̖̞̼̰̫͕͈͌̈̎̄̑̓̈́̌͛̔͗̀̾̈́̌͒̋̈́̾̇̄̀̈̀̌̌́̋́͛͂͒̅́͑̌͛̍͆̑̂͑͌̃́͌̀͗̍̓͐̂́͛̚̕͜͜͠͝͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅṇ̵̷̵̷̸̴̷̶̶̶̸̴̵̷̸̴̵̵̷̴̴̶̷̷̸̵̵̶̶̸̵̵̷̴̵̷̶̵̷̵̡̨̧̡̢̧̢̧̛̝̦̮̪̪̦͓̱̳̗̭̠͉̖̩̳̖͍̟̥̬͖͍̬̦͉̣̰͙͉̰̖͖̪͓͔̠̰̲̞̱͖̟̝̪͔̙̙͓͙̩̗̳̹̲̳̱̗̩̳͙͓͔̮̭̫̮͓̥̰͇̙̤̰̱̺̼̂̓̿̒̋̾̈́̒̽̈́̿͆̈́̈́̒͗̏̔̒̏͂̀͛͌̽̒́̋͗͌̓̾̾͐͂̃͋̆̾͛̊͆͑͛̊͂͆̂͆͛̇͐̄̇̑̐̃̊͊͆̀̄̀̀̽̓̃͑̔͑̎͊̌̑̈́̍̃̈́͋̆̄͌͛͊͛̚͘̚̚̚͜͝͠͠͠͠͝͝͠ͅͅͅs̸̴̶̵̷̸̵̴̷̷̴̵̵̴̵̶̴̵̵̵̷̷̸̴̢̨̧̡̡̨̨̛̗̭̞̜̻͍̺͖̣͍̰͖̤̳͚̞̦͔͎͚̭͖͔̖̯̰̦̮̙̤͚͇̬͕̲͈̮̙͇͈̯̞̖̘̺̘̅͐̉̽̅͂̐̏̈́̈́̓̑̓̇̇̏̒͌̿̋̓̏́̍̾̓̋̉̉͐̓͆͋̀͆̇̃̑̈́̓̓̾͛͋̂̑͊̊́͋̔̓͘̚̚͘͝͝͠͠ͅ'̶̶̴̷̷̷̴̸̸̶̸̴̶̷̷̵̵̸̶̶̸̶̷̸̸̶̶̶̸̧̢̨̛̛̺̖̯͖̭͎͇̘̱̙̘̳̻̮͍̟͓̘̹̱̦͖̞̰̹͔͔̲̦̫̭̮̖͇͍̣͔͉̣͓̳̞̮̙̮͓͈͎̙̬̗̜̭̖̻̙̯͖̫̝̲̯̗̠̖̤̮̱̫̙͕͙̹̣̇́̇̒̃̓̍͒̈̈́͑̿̽͐̉̅͂͗͐̆͐̀̓̈̈̀̎̉̽̄̌̓͛̌̿̿͆̉̓̾͊͊̔̑̋̊̂͐̾͑̍͛̈͒̑̚͘͘͘͘̕̕͜͜͜͝͝͠ͅ ̴̷̶̷̸̸̶̴̴̴̷̶̸̵̵̸̸̷̵̷̶̷̷̶̵̶̡̢̡̧̛̛̛̛̪͖͎̮̦̩̬̼̞̰͇͔̗̪̘̳͎̙̭̪͇͎̬͍͍̪͈͚̪̼̜͚̼̭͈͖͔̺͖̩̒̍͆̎̈́̐̈́̎̋̐̓́͋̈́̌̽́͒̏̂́͗̊͛̀̍͐͒̐̀͌̓̍͒̂̑̇̈̑͐̑̓̾̊̓̉͑̍͛͋̓̆͛͗̃̇̄̏̈́͋́̑͋̅̀̈͌̕̚̚͘̚͝ͅͅL̵̸̴̶̸̵̶̵̷̶̸̸̶̸̸̶̷̷̴̶̴̷̴̴̷̸̷̶̸̶̴̶̷̴̵̸̵̶̸̶̸̷̴̵̷̸̸̨̡̨̨̡̢̡̡̛̘̪͙̝̝͓̜̦̹̙͔̜̩͎͎̺̺̺͈͇̗̟̮͕̦͇̙̭̟̻͖̘̗͖̝̥͉͈̯̯͔̞͇̭͖̥̗͚̮̝̬̖̟̹̰̜̟͎̤̭̼͉̖̟̭̘̣̩̟̭̺̮͚̪̩̖̩̮̺͓̟̦͍̤̲̩̝̜̤͇̥̦̱͙̰̙̳͚̘̙͇͕͇͉͉̩͒̽̇́̍̏́̽͋̅̈́̎͋̐͊͗̈̉̔̽̓̈́̃͒̐͊̓̈͆̌́̈́̈́̊̌̌̌̆̆̑͊̊̿́̏̐̓͐͊̌͗͆̃̉͊̎̎̏͛͆̓̉͑̏́͒͗̈̀͗̇͑̓̒̒̃̀͊́̽̋͐̂̒̓̍̎̀͛͒̍́͘̕͘̚̕̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͠ͅi̷̸̸̸̷̵̸̶̵̸̴̸̵̶̵̶̴̷̵̵̷̶̷̸̡̧̦̳̰͎͍͔̬͉̲͚̹̜͍̱̣̰̬͍̮̠̜͕̮͈͎͔͙̹̱͉͉̝̳͎̰͕̭̱͓̮̘̜͙̗̺̘̦̖̖̩̞̤̬͐̽̑̈́̉̍̄̽͒̆̇̀̅̍̏͛́̾̓̀͒̿̆͒͐̉̎̂͂̑͗͌̒͂̎̆̄̈́͗̽̾͐̓̕͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝͝g̶̷̵̵̵̶̶̷̸̸̵̷̴̶̴̵̴̶̴̶̴̴̡̡̡̡͎͓̙̠͇̙͖̬͙̖̫͖͖͇̫̪̗̹̮̯̥̬̻͕͎̼͇̣̮̪͔̝͉̰͚̤̯̦̬̱̖̰͎͎̱͓̬͆̔̿̑͐̆̈̉̅́͊̓̊̓̊͗͆̓͐̅̈̎̈́͋̈́̂͌̄̈͆͂̔͆͌̀̑̚͘͘͝͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝ͅh̷̸̵̶̸̵̸̴̷̶̸̶̵̵̴̴̵̵̸̵̵̸̷̸̸̷̴̶̷̴̴̵̷̢̡̡̡̡̨̨̧̧̛̛̠̫̠̱̯̱̥̪͔̬̳̟̜̦̣̝̭̭̱͙̬͍̩̙͉̪͍̝̼̞͉̯͖̹͎̣̱̞̘͙͙̰̰͕̩̱͓̜̺̻̺̫͚̼̣̯̮̮̩̘̼̤̦͈͙̭̺͓͎̮̱̘̩̟̟̮̖̞̳̻̼̆̈́̈́͐̂̈́̆͗̈͋͐̒͑͐̓̒̒̂̀̅̊̽̅̍̀͌̍̃͐̊͐́̈́̓̾͗̆̔͊̅͛͌̓̈̉̆̋̑́̂͐͂̎̄̎̎̾̋̂̀̓̚̕͝͝͠͠͠͠ͅͅt̸̸̶̵̶̸̵̷̵̵̴̶̸̷̷̷̷̶̷̶̸̸̷̢̨̢̛̪̝̥̝͎͇̻̺͕̟͖̣̜̱̰͕͙͙̖̹̳̖̣̖̼͎͈̞̘̘̺̰͚̫̪̫͇̻̿͊͆͌̓́͌̀͋̒̆͊͐̀̐̏̒̃̅̅̐̾͌͆̇͐̈́͑͑̇̒̍̈́́̇̐̐̑̈́̐̓̀̽͊͆́̌̈́̃̌̂͛̑͘̕͜͝͝͝͝ͅ]̴̷̸̵̴̴̵̴̵̴̴̶̸̶̷̸̸̴̵̷̷̸̴̵̵̴̴̴̷̴̨̧̨̢̢̡̛̛͇͓͕͎̘̙̪̳͇͙̗̮͙̟̦̠̯͓͕̲͕̦̘̠̖͔̦͍̩͍̘͙̠̩͉̗̩̩̞͔̲̩̤͉̘̘̣̜̘͇̥͔͎̖͙͎̖̳̰̹̬̆̈́̉̇̂̈́̆̂̒͛́̈́͐͒̄̅͐̈́̋͗̇̑̽͂͐͌̅̈́̈́̌̾̀́͑̂̉̑̿̈́̆͛̀̒͆̍̒̎̇̅̇͂̑̉́͂̓̆̐̕͘̕͘͘͜͠͝ͅ[[REDACTED]

[Image: historicalsociety_fmy7kt.png]
Ciel
I will do whatever I can to protect what I care about.
Dodo
"The Central Facility..."

[Image: 3247918028a1c95ce79075d75cb50a407d3df34d.pnj]

He recalled the old redbrick building that loomed across the street every morning he walked to school. Its pointed black roofs stood tall above the grounds, like a pair of rotting fangs bursting forth from the mountain itself; the weary morning sun- filtered through curtains of fog and refinery smoke -reflecting in the compound's dull windows, glaring like a dozen slitted orange eyes. A beast of stone, glass, and menace... lurking... waiting... biding... its scheme to break loose and devour the town so apparent it had to be contained behind fences and barbed wire. That's how they used to describe it at the playground back then.

Of course he had to get out. Though he lived on the other end of town, for every day of every year, he could feel the fetid breath of the facility waft through the web of streets and alleys. It wasn't safe. He wasn't safe. As long as he was here, it would never leave him in peace. So once he was old enough, he left town. He stowed away on a freight train and began a new life as a taxi driver in the big city.

[Image: 567d1cc8200563ddeeb20590d4d5f5cbd92f2d3e.pnj]

It has been two decades since then. He had heard about the disappearance of his hometown on the news back then, but it didn't matter. "That was my old life." That's what he told himself every time his mind began to spiral. But now things were different. He had recently been divorced, and his lease was up; He needed a distraction, and soul-searching was in this year. This was the time to face his past and lay his demons to rest. To go back to Whisper Valley, to the facility...

"I will uncover what happened to my old home," he said as he pulled into the highway exit and drove up to the ruins, "Today is the day I seize my destiny, so I don't even need to obey traffic ligh--."

Those were his last words as his taxi collided with an errant hot dog mobile, after swerving out of the way of some small fuzzy creature on the road.

It was very sad or something. Probably.

Fortunately, before his demise, he was able to drop off the actual participant in this game of death.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

Dodo is here!
Rookie Journalist
[Image: 59b58fae702c8e4bc1670ea4c663b16209235f35.pnj]

"..and that concludes today's Breaking News Segment!
Next topic, 'Are Artist behind on finishing character art? It’s more likely than you think!’
Tune in for the hottest scoop! "

“AND CUT TO COMMERCIAL”

[Image: f8ece1f39b0b0ae344db32de65c0c085a8df3af5.pnj]

. . . ! ? !

Huh? What’s that? The Network™ agreed to let me transfer jobs to the Journalism department?
AND picked me to go suddenly investigate a string of mysteries at the Central Facility?

With a big pay raise! Valuable experience in the investigative journalism work! AND my own exclusive show if I do a good job?

[Image: d9c18bd2168cd92b3a0e374a00b87bbbf4dd2bbf.pnj]

Wow! They haven't agreed to give someone their own show like 2 years! It was some kids show I think.
What was that girls name again?... Honey? Cinnamon? Sweetener? … something like that…
I wonder what she’s up to these days… maybe I should look her up...

[Image: c104a1c695930199e131a8398e6698bc41cb65b6.pnj]

Anyways that can wait! I better go get ready! I have lots to do before I leave.
Look out! Here comes ‘Rookie Journalist, Hazel Nolen ready to join the action!
Maximillion Pegasus
[Image: JzmkTCP.png]

Well well! What a wonderful day for a vacation. I can't wait to see my accommodations!

[Image: JzmkoTQ.png]

Oh my! You call this disgusting hovel a room? I've seen dig sites less dusty than this!

[Image: JzmkA6F.png]

Still, beggars can't be choosers... There's no better way to explore history than to create it...

[Image: JzmkzZB.png]

and with that, Maximillion Pegasus have arrived!

(this is Kabuto's dupe ty)
[Image: JzmhF4f.png]
Lita
i'm in (not gonna dupe too late for that)
Dr. Niles Crane
I do apologise, but the service here leaves a lot to be desired. I have been standing in this lobby for no less than three weeks and not once has anyone offered to take my bags.

Now, would somebody please introduce me to the president of your organisation's wine club? We have much to discuss.
Dodo
(Dec 9, 2023 at 11:30 PM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: I do apologise, but the service here leaves a lot to be desired. I have been standing in this lobby for no less than three weeks and not once has anyone offered to take my bags.

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

All of a sudden, an alarmingly large, rotund bird appears in front of you.

[Image: 5502dc2b856602cf0163e6ca2d8ce0863ca3986e.gifv]

It appears to be ready to receive your bags.

Do you wish to confirm this transaction?
snack
buuuuuhh I'll be watching this to some degree no matter what so may as well formally sign up as a spectator

sample test image
[Image: HSacigr.jpg]
Revy
(Dec 4, 2023 at 3:59 PM)Maximillion Pegasus Wrote: [Image: JzmkTCP.png]

Well well! What a wonderful day for a vacation. I can't wait to see my accommodations!

[Image: JzmkoTQ.png]

Oh my! You call this disgusting hovel a room? I've seen dig sites less dusty than this!

[Image: JzmkA6F.png]

Still, beggars can't be choosers... There's no better way to explore history than to create it...

[Image: JzmkzZB.png]

and with that, Maximillion Pegasus have arrived!

(this is Kabuto's dupe ty)

[Image: image.png?ex=6588c416&is=65764f16&hm=08f...height=432]

Get the fuck out of town, I thought I recognized you! You're that game show twink from TV who lures people to your island to play some kindergarten card game for cash, right? What, did you come here because scamming manchildren out of their savings doesn't get your rocks off anymore? Maybe you can visit my room and "duel" me in a real damn card game! I'm talking strip poker!

[Image: image.png?ex=6588cc6a&is=6576576a&hm=7c8...005eccfc6&]

...On second thought, I've got no interest. That "deck" of yours is probably shorter than my pack of cigs. How about you just stand over there and...don't look at me. Or talk to me. Thinking of me would probably make me want to shoot you down, too.
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Greetings fellow humans!

I am Johnson Smithy, but you can call me by my preferred name: Johnsy.

Like many other humans, I like watching the sports on my television, especially american football.
I also enjoy listening to the radio, and going to the bar and drinking alcoholic beverages with my fellow human friends.

I hope that we can enjoy our time together and share many bondings!
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: base.png]

Music

Vanishing towns? Paranormal mysteries? The inexplicable odor of murder in the air?

This smells like a case for the Inspector Extraordinaire, the Gentleman of Light, Hildibrand Manderville! Or it would be, if Hildy hadn't blasted off into the horizon again at the end of our last adventure. Terrible habit, really. But don't worry! Nashu, his faithful assistant, will carry out the sleuthing in his stead. That's me, by the way.

[Image: base2.png]

First order of business, that cuddly kitty. It might be a primal beast of some sort...many among our number already appear to be in its thrall. It is cute, though...No! Bad Nashu! Focus!

(Nov 23, 2023 at 8:11 PM)Walmart John Finalfantasy14 Wrote: Pentalegend (unverified) pink parser (unconfirmed) flex role LF KG static no noobs pls

Umm. Have we met?
Hildibrand Manderville
[Image: YkeN46w.jpeg]