Spooks?
[Image: historicalsociety_q2wmmk.png]

[Image: frontdesk_detyah.png]

....The lobby appears to be empty, besides the 30-or-so of you. You're not exactly sure if a room with that many people can actually quantify as 'empty', but you at least expected someone to be waiting to brief you or something. Instead, there's been no sign of life since your transport dropped you off. When they said there'd been a "partial evacuation", they were understating it.

It's kind of creepy, actually.

Should you... call someone? Is there a bell you can ring? Intercom button? Hm. Maybe you can-

[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT* !ALERT!

Unauthorized Personnel Detected! Please step away from the front desk when it is unattended and wait for assistance!

[SCANNING AREA]

[SCAN COMPLETE]

Music:

[Image: Hi_jdh4i7.png]

Oh! You must be the investigation team!

Hello, and welcome to the Bureau of Paranormal Investigation! I have been programmed to prepare for your arrival, and provide a tour of the premises to ensure maximum safety compliance by all staff and visitors!

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

I'm Spooks, the Magical Cat™!

[Image: SpooksIntro_jbk9bh.png]

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

I apologize for my appearance. There has been an increase in risk incidents by approximately 86.334% in the past 90 day period, resulting in damage to my usual physical frame due to a confrontation with [DATABASE ERROR]. This is a temporary measure. Refrain from making inappropriate comments on the matter.

For explanation of inappropriate appearance-based remarks to avoid, please refer to Section 32-9 (Tolerance & You) of the Code of Conduct. Thank you!

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Hm. Quantity of individuals exceeds expected Investigation Team headcount. Reverifying...

[CONNECTING TO DATABASE...]

[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

[DATABASE ERROR]

Verification failed.

I am unable to verify Investigation Team headcount or check for updates.

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Logical conclusion: Backup units sent in anticipation of expected Anomaly transport. Internal memory updated. Access granted.

Now, let's begin preparation for your tour of the facility! Our Central Facility is a very old building, and as such, I ask that you refrain from causing property damage while exploring. This is a relatively free-roaming tour, however I will be present for assistance whenever necessary as your friendly, helpful virtual guide - Spooks, the Magical Cat™!

Allow me to provide you with a map. Ordinarily, our map is an interactive tool that supports panning, zooming, and built-in room description technology as well as access to our database on Anomalies. Unfortunately, until database communication is restored, we will have to rely on a static map for the time being. I apologize for the inconvenience.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: Historical-Society_qeo83c.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: Facility-Grounds_dtvv8z.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: test2_dt2y6r.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

Oh, it looks like the issues with the database are affecting our facility maps as well. Luckily, there's no better way to learn than exploring for yourself!, and learning is the greatest magic of all!

Why don't you start with the Historical Society building? It's a great place to become accustomed to the map icons, and the Anomalies are mostly all cleared for safe examination!

Day 0 has begun.

You may submit Investigation Questions here to explore the map, meet NPCs, and get a first-hand opportunity to check out certain rooms and mechanics before the Killing Game begins with Night 1. You will be able to explore the other areas of the map, as well as meet more NPCs, as the phase continues. It is advised that you open the map in a new tab for easier viewing.

You are currently exploring 1F - Historical Society.

Please also, after examining the map, choose a Dorm that you wish to stay in based on map placement. Anyone who does not choose a dorm will be randomly placed on Night 1. You may not get your chosen dorm if it is too popular.

Current Players

@Ciel
@Nightwheel
@Elyk
@DxHustler3000
@Alan Wake
@Lulu Azhal
@Amoeba
@Riki
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Giffany
@Vruet
@Columbo
@Hearts
@Momoyo Himemushi
@Revy
@Kright
@Tinkaton
@Pea
@Chibi Ruby Rose
@Morgan
@Archer_Est
@Roxie Richter
@Kabuto
@Phenera
@Lily
@Dodo
@Lita
@Goose
@Raregold
Roxie Richter
i love you spooks
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Izumi Konata
Adorable magic cat, love it.
anyway, I'm sorry to ignore Spooks but I wanna Make the trek to the observatory if I can, and investigate there
Revy
[Image: image.png?ex=6588cffb&is=65765afb&hm=c33...height=662]

SexBot McWhiskers is right, this dump looks like one breath would be enough to make it crumble down...whatever. I've hit the hay in more than my fair share of crackhouses, so this should do just fine. Not having used needles scattered on the floor shouldn't be a high bar to get past.

Ugh, looking at this map and it fucking figures that there's nothing but boring science labs. I can leave those for the people who actually went to high school, but maybe I'll check out that Library. Even a nirvana for lab coat virgins like this has gotta have some nudie mags lying around.
Lily
Look around the Spooks robot. How is it powered? Is there a wire I can unplug? A visible off button?
Also might as well investigate the Lobby as a whole while I'm at it.
Lita
I'll head left to check out the Museum Hall. It's a historical society, it's meant to be browsed!
Morgan
Since it seems like we're splitting up I'd like to go and see about the Sleep Lab. Seems like a strange thing to have in a place like a historical society.
I'll show you a real dance....
Nashu Mhakaracca
Ooh! What about the Whisper Valley Archives? Is that like an exhibit about the town? Do they have postcards? "I heart Whisper Valley" hoodies?
Izumi Konata
Woops looks like I'm getting stopped from going there right now. I guess I'm gonna goooo

Investigate the Anomaly hall and see if what's there, also check out the anomalies in the hall
Tinkaton
Tinkaton!

She's running toward the Chapel. Perhaps she wants to investigate it.
Columbo
You know, my wife was all into that SCP stuff, real spooky. But me? I don't know the first thing about 'em. Can I get a real good look at 2218, 2610, 3999, 3143, and 4211? I know those last two are yella, Spooks, but I'm a careful guy, don't worry about me.
Dr. Niles Crane
Ooh, the historical society! So much to explore; the library, the Whisper Valley archives...

...Ah. I see. Both of those have already been checked. In that case, I'll take a moment out on the Patio.
Phenera
[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseUpdated_bfghwk.png]

(So this is where we get to work! It's so much bigger than the offices in those videos! So... where should we start...?)

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

(They're all so smart that they're already examining the libraries and labs... But we... we wouldn't even know the first place to begin...)

(So? We follow them and act like we know what we're doing! They'll be so impressed!) (But what if we get caught in the act? Get asked to read a book and we're done for!) (Yeah! And we need to know where to bring the fresh brew!)

(Right! They want coffee and vodka at... meetings! That's it! I'll go investigate the Meeting Room so I know where to bring it!)
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Spooks?
(Dec 11, 2023 at 9:48 PM)Lily Wrote: Look around the Spooks robot. How is it powered? Is there a wire I can unplug? A visible off button?
Also might as well investigate the Lobby as a whole while I'm at it.
You lean down next to Spooks and inspect him for some kind of off button or plug. Not seeing anything, you begin to try to pat him down to see if there's anything that fits the bill.

[Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

Please refrain from this activity! I am property of the Bureau of Paranormal Investigation, disabling me is against protocol and strictly prohibited!

You decide to leave him alone. You're not seeming to find anything anyway, and you're starting to get weird looks.

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Your compliance is appreciated.

(Dec 11, 2023 at 9:50 PM)Lita Wrote: I'll head left to check out the Museum Hall. It's a historical society, it's meant to be browsed!
You decide to go check out the Museum Hall. It's decorated much the same as the Lobby was, with dark green paint and old wooden paneling. There are a few displays scattered around the hall, one of which seems to contain a vintage smoking pipe and is equipped with signage indicating that it is Anomalous.

The other displays contain what appear to be a couple of obsidian statues, as well as a wall-mounted cabinet with several old pieces of parchment containing text written in another language and a mask in the shape of a deer skull. The glass of the case seems very thick, and difficult to break.

The hallway seems to lead to a few rooms, including the Chapel, a couple labs, and a Containment Room.

(Dec 11, 2023 at 9:51 PM)Morgan Wrote: Since it seems like we're splitting up I'd like to go and see about the Sleep Lab. Seems like a strange thing to have in a place like a historical society.
You enter the Sleep Lab. It looks like it's been converted from whatever it was before into a laboratory of some sort. There are three beds sitting inside this room, each equipped with some kind of strange equipment, presumably for monitoring sleep patterns.

You could probably sleep here and get a restful sleep outside of your dorm, provided you're okay with sleeping out in the relative open .

Welcome to the Sleep Lab! This is where the Bureau of Paranormal Investigation studies dreams! There's nothing more magical than a good night's sleep!

(Dec 11, 2023 at 10:28 PM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Ooh! What about the Whisper Valley Archives? Is that like an exhibit about the town? Do they have postcards? "I heart Whisper Valley" hoodies?
You open the door to the Whisper Valley Archives. It doesn't look like they have much in the way of souvenirs, instead being a repository of various files and items left over from the town. You suppose you might be able to find something though, if you looked hard enough.

The Archives seem relatively well-organized, and you feel like you could easily find something if you had the reference number for it. You suppose you could go digging for a random file too, if you didn't have the "cat" looking over your shoulder, his eyes pleading with you to not disrupt the careful organization.

Momoyo Himemushi
Oh, so this is what the place is like. Ain't bad. Gal could dig a little nest here.

Lemme see that Black Forest. The Schwarzwald. Dunno why I know that name.

Or why it makes me wanna dab.

Also sign me up for that Survey Team. Good vibes. I like good vibes.
Lita
(Dec 11, 2023 at 10:54 PM)Monokuma Wrote: There are a few displays scattered around the hall, one of which seems to contain a vintage smoking pipe and is equipped with signage indicating that it is Anomalous.

Interesting. I'd like to examine the signage in more detail, trying to figure out what exactly is anomalous about the pipe. Ceci n'est pas une pipe?

From there I also want to stick my head into the small room with the other Anomaly, watching my back for danger, and then head to the Upper Landing. Maybe I'll head downtown next, provided the elevator is working.

edit: Oh yeah dorms. My order of preference is 1. Survey, 2. History, 3. Research please and thank you.
Alan Wake
You're... Spooks, right? There's a library in this building. I need to find a copy of one of my books; The Sudden Stop, maybe, or Departure. I'm going to go look in the Library
Spooks?
(Dec 11, 2023 at 10:32 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Woops looks like I'm getting stopped from going there right now. I guess I'm gonna goooo

Investigate the Anomaly hall and see if what's there, also check out the anomalies in the hall
You decide to go check out the Anomaly Hall, temporarily barred from the outside world..

Sitting in the hall itself are three pedestals, each labeled with a variation of BPI-3999 with an inanimate object behind some glass. It looks like rather than simple signage, the labels appear to be flat screens, each displaying various info.

You look at the first display... It appears to read

Code:
BPI-3999-A [One-Way Cloak]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]
[THREAT LEVEL: BLUE]

[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

The case doesn't seem to contain anything at all, or at least nothing visible.

The second display reads...

Code:
BPI-3999-B [Bottomless Beer Bottle]
[ACCESS LEVEL: I]

[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

It seems to look like a regular bottle of beer, labeled as being made by "Big Boy Brewing Pumpkin IPA". The label also contains what looks like the Headless Horseman, flipping you the middle finger. How rude.

The final display appears to read...

Code:
BPI-3999-C [VHS Receiver]
[ACCESS LEVEL: II]

[DATABASE UNAVAILABLE]

This one just looks like an old VHS recorder. There might be a tape inside, but you can't really tell. It's not hooked up to any TV though, so it's a moot point regardless.

(Dec 11, 2023 at 10:37 PM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton!

She's running toward the Chapel. Perhaps she wants to investigate it.
You run into the Chapel, throwing open the door with more force than Spooks would probably prefer.

It looks like its a regular chapel, with a couple rows of pews and an altar. There's a small impression on the cloth covering the altar as though something was supposed to sit there but is now missing. There's lots of religious iconography from various religions in here, which you suppose makes this a non-denominational generic chapel. Neat, you suppose. There's also a small water fountain, which you take a step towards.

Please refrain from drinking the Holy Water...
Izumi Konata
Oooh, I wonder what's on the VHS... Gonna try to get into the display and get it out
Morgan
Since I'm thinking about it I'd like to secure a place in the Research Team Dorms on level 3.
I'll show you a real dance....