Spooks?
Music:

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Hello! I am Spooks, The Magical Cat™!

In order to determine who we believe to be the culprit, I believe it is best to put it to a vote system, to ensure consensus and fairness in lieu of a proper justice system.

Please place your vote in the following manner:

Vote: [INSERT SUSPECT]

It is highly encouraged that you either post a reasoning for your vote as well, or refer to another participant's reasoning in order to ensure logic is used in these decisions. Votes with no logical backing historically have had a 68% chance of resulting in an incorrect suspect being chosen.

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

Voting will commence immediately. Thank you!

[Image: TRIAL0_oxdcsc.png]

Please place your votes in this thread. This trial will conclude at the same time as the investigation, at 2:00 PM PST on Saturday, December 16th

The culprit will be sent to the Holding Cell and detained indefinitely.
Jack of Spades
[Image: b20d475d057b149f201895d52cd1f86222b7a134.pnj]

Can't we just put all of you in the holding cell to be on the safe side?
Dodo
[Image: 4650501dbc18fd73a34098073ba4524f228b67ee.gifv]

GUSMAN PAGED BY CAT TO CLEAN HALL. GO FROM SURV. DORM THROUGH SLEEP LAB, SEE SLEEPY WOMAN, STEAL CARD THEN DAGGER FROM MUSEUM. GO KILL AGENT, COVERED IN BLOOD. GO UP TO DECONTAMINATION TO CLEAN, SPOTTED BY EXCELLENT HUNTER + SHOT AT (LATER CLAIMS ONLY "HEARD" GUNFIGHT, NOT PARTICIPATE). TAKE SHOWER HEARD BY JAILOR WOMAN. SNEAK BACK TO BOILER ROOM TO AVOID SUSPICION. SLEEP WOMAN WAKES UP + INTERRUPTS WEAPON DISPOSAL, FUCK UP, RUN AWAY LIKE HEADLESS HUMAN. SKILL ISSUE.

LATER "FINDS" STOLEN CARD NEAR DEXMAN PLACE, DISPOSES GUN THERE WHILE SPLIT FROM TOUR GROUP.

[Image: 77f2f2af661e1c9ce9e4d3be08a24ffc803d07a4.gifv]

VADE POST ME, SUPER MARIO!
EXAUDI DOMINE MATRI!

VOTE: GUS

[Image: a181c0d786734177a0bd6ba12ca8a24aada26bfc.gifv]

" BWAK!! "
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Serious.png]

Alright, Detective Konata is on the case, and the answer is pretty dang obvious, y'know!

First off, everyone was at least seen, or noticed by someone else at least once during the night, except for one person! Gus, my man, after you were paged by Spooks, there was no mention of you anywhere in any of the testimonies, and what were you doing after you finished cleaning? You said it yourself, it didn't take too long to finish up, and then you just stood outside doing nothing else other than see the gunfight, huh?? Likely story...

Second factor! There were only a couple people that could have passed through both the Sleep Lab to take Dr. Lyra's card, and also the boiler room, and the timing for everyone other than you Gus would be a little suspect with when everyone was noticed by others. Astrid was spotted by Beepee before the gunfight, and probably wouldn't have had time to dispose the weapon after everything was said, and Dexter was... being pathetic honestly, let's ignore him! Either way, you got so much free time in your testimony that I'm jealous.

Anyway, with the evidence above, I think my vote can safely go to Gus!!

P.S.: Maybe don't throw away the murder weapon in the place the rest of your tools are, ever thought of that?
[Image: Konata-Explaining.png]
Giffany
Hello, Gus! I like your mustache! It is a shame that you might be guilty of murder. Have you ever been guilty of murder before? I would love to get to know you more when you are no longer, guilty of murder!

Vote: Gus
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Revy
Look, nothing’s gonna change my mind on Gus, alright? Not a single soul saw him all night, and his own story has more holes than a bullet-riddled hooker. All of you chucklefucks can argue your heads off on the obvious of why it’s him, but I’m just thinking of what we’re gonna do to him. Sure, we can just stuff him in the time-out cor-sorry, holding cell, but I’ve got more colorful ideas in mind:

[Image: image.png]

So there’s this thing called the Columbian Blood Eagle…
Morgan
Alright, I'm gonna run through all of this just for my sake, but I think we've got a theory down.

Gus has to be the killer. Everyone else short of Dexter has some sort of alibi, or no method of either opening the Lab Door or getting their hands on the murder weapon.

I believe his testimony up until he fixed the Anomaly Container 3999, and that's where his account shifts. He would have stopped by the Sleep Lab to steal Lyra's level IV keycard. Gus' card only reaches level II, and though he has a master access code, it marks his usage. He needed something that would leave no trace. During this time he would have also had time to get the Murder Weapon, the Curved Dagger from the museum.

After stealing Lyra's card and the Dagger, he made his way down to the basement to intercept the victim, Agent Liz Grayson and commit the murder. They fought in the lab but ultimately Gus got away with a clean hit to the chest, killing her over the course of the next few minutes.

This left Gus covered in blood, so he moved to the Decontamination Room in order to clean his clothes. Before his shower he could have wiped the blood off the blade in order to conceal it's usage as well.

Before Gus could reach the shower, Anomaly BPI-2300 saw him, while he was taking his walk around the building. This is when their gunfight happened, placing exactly when Gus would have decontaminated, thanks to Nancy hearing him, even though she missed actually seeing him.

From here Gus escapes to the basement floor, running along the Shuttle Tracks to hide his presence to anyone in earshot of the shuttle itself, dropping his gun deep under the tracks. He could have also placed the Stolen Keycard here as well assuming he didn't simply lie about finding it later.

Gus' testimony lines back up here as he returns to the Boiler Room to tidy the place after Dexter trashed it, omitting the detail that he Buried the Murder Weapon in ash to remove it from his person, none the wiser.

Gus, I can't think of anyone else it could possibly be. My vote is cast. Gus is the culprit.
I can't believe I mistook someone like you for the man I trusted most of anyone.
I'll show you a real dance....
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: smug2.png]

In the absence of hard evidence, we can still fall back on the process of elimination. We eliminate the suspects one by one until someone starts confessing!

[Image: sw-eat.png]

...No? F-Fine. Then, let me explain it this way.

We can eliminate Spooks because the showers in the Decontamination Room struggle to clean hard surfaces like metal, so he would have no way to quickly clean blood off of his robotic body. Can he even fire a gun with those claws anyway?

Astrid supposedly spent a lot of time in only a couple of locations last night, but Beepy sees her shortly before getting into a firefight with the alleged murderer. The timing would have to be very tight for her to carry out the murder in the time that it took Beepy to lap the Historical Society.

Lyra
was snoozing during the time of the murder, as logged by the equipment in the Sleep Lab. For the sake of simplicity, we should assume that not even she could use her expertise to fiddle with the readings in there.

Dexter couldn't have stolen Lyra's access card because she was awake at the time that she heard him rummaging through the toolkit in the Boiler Room. He would have no way of knowing when she'd fallen asleep, and Spooks saw him leave to the Lobby.

Nancy would have little opportunity to commit the murder in the time that she and Beepy were separated. It would also be pretty silly if she crossed the Facility Grounds on her way to wash herself off, knowing full well that her buddy was patrolling there.

Finally, Beepy is the hero who got into a shootout with our villain! It would be difficult for him to fake being in two places at one to fire two different projectiles in different directions at roughly the same time. Maybe he's crazy fast, but if he was that strong, he wouldn't need to steal some old dagger to kill someone in the first place.

While we don't have any smoking gun, everything falls into place most snugly if we assume that Gus is lying. He has a huge gap in his testimony after the last time he sees another person, he could easily lie about hearing gunshots if he was one of the shooters, the murder weapon was found with his belongings, and we're supposed to believe that he can fix a display case in a couple of minutes but has to spend a whole night fixing a fountain? Mr. Godbert could've handled it in a jiffy! Also, your mustache is way lamer than his!

[Image: smugblush.png]

Vote: Gus Odeon
Riki

Friends say Gus stab stab Liz? Riki thought Gus nice... protect Bureau, clean Bureau. Warn everyone of gunshots. Called Gusgus because Nopon respect... Heropon betrayed.

Riki will Vote: Gus... mighty kapow zing into jail!
Indiana Jones (Old)
voting for gus
sorry buddy but you need to go to the brig
Columbo
Vote: Gus Odeon

Not sure everyone's getting the complete picture here, but Gus is practically a ghost the whole night. Even a bad alibi is better than no alibi.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
what bro I'm in the middle of raid yeah vote Gus just don't bother me these parses don't make themselves
Tinkaton
Tinkaton points towards Gus.
Spooks?
The Trial has concluded. You have made your choices, and will live with the consequences - right or wrong.

Please stand by.
Spooks?
Music:

[Image: gusevil0_vamhkz.png]

[Image: gusevil3_hipx2h.png]

Ho ho...

[Image: gusevil1_go4mvm.png]

Ho ho ho ho ho!

[Image: gusevil2_xlhf0s.png]

Ha... You kids are smarter than you look, ain't ya? Here I was, thinkin' I'd slip away unseen. Well, ya got me. What're you gonna do about it, throw me in yer dinky lil' cell? Heh....

I've already done what I had to do.

Killin' the little missy was easier than I was thinkin'. Poor thing barely fought back. Some counter-terrorist "Crimson Hunter" she turned out to be. Was like puttin' down a sick dog. Did the organization a mighty favor by gettin' rid of her.

[Image: gusevil1_go4mvm.png]

Not only that, but I see you found the little "gift" I left in that there computer. Real nice little trinket, that.

You all were wonderin', early on. Thinkin' there were too many people, thinkin' they must've sent backup . Oh no, no no, this is a whole other beast. When I scrambled yer systems, took your database offline, that included all your little verification processes. Y'know what that means?

Half of ya aren't even Agents at all. That shipment of Anomalies? Heh heh, they're walkin' around you right now. Yer friends, investigatin' partners? Still trust 'em? Why, I've even smuggled in a squad o' my very own Crimson Eyes, right here too.

That's right, I've brought the whole circus along - and fellas, you're the clowns. Yer little organization? Done for.

[Image: gusevil0_vamhkz.png]

Well. Go ahead then. Take me away. I'll go quietly, I've done my job.

You ain't gonna kill me, I'm the only one who knows diddly-squat about the rest o' the Crimson Eyes kickin' around here. Anomalies, too. I could be bluffin', but are you gonna risk it? Naw, I've worked with ya for years now. I know how ya operate, ho ho.

In the meantime... you'd best not disappoint, Crimson Eyes. You know your goal, you know what you gotta find. So go on, if today's example is half an indication, they'll be runnin' around like lobotomites while you snatch it from under their noses.

Find it. The Codex Nocturnum.

...And don't let no Abyss Team get in yer way.
Roxie Richter
Can we release Trip now?
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Columbo
That's a real shame. I was hoping I was wrong for once.
Indiana Jones (Old)
I'm surprised you actually talked.
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
good run guys now there's one less traitor amonGus haha

im funny
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]
Codex Nocturnum... And other crimbos, okay...

Well, thanks for telling us for goals in the end, so nice for a murderer.