Poll: are you a man, do you think of ancient rome frequently, and were you born before or after 1995?

i am a man, i think of the roman empire all the time, and i was born before 1995
9.09%
i am a man, i always am thinking of how i would look in those metal pecs the romans wore, and i was born after 1995
9.09%
i am a man and i don't see the appeal in the ancient romans or their colosseum or the pantheon and i was born before 1995
36.36%
i am a man and frankly i feel that the romans just ripped off the greeks so i don't think of them much and i was born after 1995
9.09%
i am a woman/nb/i don't particularly know for certain or feel like saying/i just want to see results
36.36%
Total: 22 vote(s)

men of minus world: how often do you think about ancient rome, and how old are you?

sealelement
THREAD TITLE. we need to prove john right or wrong
100% pure gamer 100%
Draku
im 30 and the most ive ever thought about rome is whenever fate brings it up and otherwise almost never
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Elyk
(Dec 23, 2023 at 2:54 AM)Draku Wrote: im 30 and the most ive ever thought about rome is whenever fate brings it up and otherwise almost never

[Image: KFW2jtT.png]
Nashu Mhakaracca
1994 and I studied classical history so I am an outlier
Izumi Konata
I'm not a man but I think about Rome twice
Fun With Despair
I never think about Rome but I fuck with the Greeks
Spritanium
I'm going with "I think of Rome all the time" because I'd say it's certainly more than most

Michael Parenti has a great book about the assassination of Caesar and how the Roman republic government was more like an aristocracy where the voting was all rigged. The majority of people were happier under an emperor. Lots of interesting parallels to modern Western society
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Elyk
if you think about greece instead of rome you might be gay
Kabuto
I would say I think about Rome more or less the same since transitioning, which is to say I only think about it when I am playing Civilization III
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Momoyo Himemushi
all my "i think about an ancient civilization" energy goes to ancient egypt instead
Yap
34, if I happen to think of the roman empire it's usually only in the context of "Huh, I feel like it was used as a template for this fictional culture."
Roxie Richter
women think about greece and sappho
[Image: uP6P2Nc.png]
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: Screenshot_20240103_012318_YouTube.jpg?e...1bc125e43&]