Spooks?
In the Leisure Center...

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

Hello? Is everything okay in there? I have detected heighted levels of heart-rate activity in this room inconsistent with healthy exercise patterns, instead resembling moments of great stress or overextertion. Please refrain from these sorts of unsafe activi-

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

Oh no! Not again!

[Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

[STRESS MODULE STATUS: OVEREXERTING]

[!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] {!ALERT!]

ALL BUREAU PERSONNEL ASSEMBLE IMMEDIATELY - A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!

music:

[Image: Day1-Death_dbl2m4.png]

Gus Odeon has been found dead in the Leisure Center, badly burned with various other injuries.

His role was...

role card:

[Image: day1_kxc5yl.png]

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Oh, the old man's dead. Cool. Well, that's a nice little bow on that whole thing, isn't it? Crimson Eye's dead. That means we're done here, right? Especially because everyone at DXHustler's little business meeting saw exactly who let him out. That means we've got two crimbos for the price of one. Case closed, etc.

The way I see it, we oughta just thank whoever did this. This guy tried to frame me for murder, and also he was, you know, literally evil. I don't really see the problem here - so cool it, cat.

[Image: duo1_torlyw.png]

I knew he had perished. His foul scent hath vanished, replaced only the thick iron of spilled blood. Indeed, I hath predicted this since the hour of his escape, the moment he was freed by the traitor.

23, sweetie. He escaped because you abandoned your post, and you knew he was dead because that nice author man told you. You told me that yourself, remember~

He fled the gaol in the arms of a duplicitous snake, and I left on your own permission. To abandon is to flee, I simply had aspirations - and now I know the truth of this world. The flames of revolution will burn bright, and consume all those who threaten to confine me further!

Well, you do have a point, though I told you to stop reading communist literature on your break time. There's a little traitor with us right now, and they're more responsible than anyone else. I wonder who it is? Hehehe, I know the answer, but I'll give you a chance to admit it yourself, before I have 23 break your ribs to get it out of you~

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png][Image: what_zpvj9s.png]

...Or maybe, we have two traitors. The person who let him out... and the killer. What if they're both Crimson Eye?

What? That's ridiculous! Why would the Crimson Eye kill their own guy? Besides, if anyone's the traitor, its whoever made a mess of my labs and stole all my files! I vote to break their ribs instead.

Think about it. He said he could be brought back, right? Well, then there's no better way to prevent an interrogation... than to kill the person they're interrogating. What if the Crimson Eye did this? Kill him... then bring him back later when they've taken care of the rest of us... It might not be the case, but... I don't see anyone stepping forward to say they did it.

[Image: yeah_ilgw6x.png][Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

Or it's self defense, the old man tried to shank someone again, so he got his ass beat. Sure, it's possible there was some elaborate kill scheme, or hell, maybe he got gunned down by the Ghost of Christmas Past, because he found his fruitcake lacking! This is stupid.

Ugh... No, she has a point, as much as it pains me to say it. No one's come forward, and he was brutalized way beyond it being self defense! Even if it's not a Crimson Eye fratricide - which it's not - one murder is a coincidence. Two murders are... not a coincidence, of course!

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png]

I... don't know. Look, I just have a really bad feeling about this. It's starting to look like a...

No, Never mind.

[Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

[RESETTING STRESS MODULE...]

[RESET COMPLETE]

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

That is better. I do not know why that module was installed. I do not find it useful.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Regardless, in accordance with the Code of Conduct (pg. 56), all deaths, whether accidental, self-defense, or anomalous, are required to be reported. This instance has not been reported, and several members of Bureau Staff have voiced concern with the manner of death.

In other terms:

[Image: X_i7rrba.png]

!MYSTERY PROTOCOL ENGAGED! - SUSPECT HAS A 99.9999% CHANCE OF BEING FACILITY STAFF MEMBER. EXIT ACCESS RESTRICTED UNTIL CULPRIT IS DETAINED.

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Well, well. Another day, another backstabber. How exciting! You wouldn't ever backstab me, right 23?

To "back stab" is to have once been allied with the one facing the blade's bite. When the time comes, it shall be your front that will bear the wound.

Haha, good. Wouldn't have it any other way~

Case Files:
  • The victim is badly burned.
  • The victim has a variety of different wounds of differing severity.
  • The victim is sitting on top of a bench press bench.
  • A trail of blood is leading from the stairwell to the bench.
  • The Leisure Center does not appear to have any signs of a struggle within.
  • There was a large assembly in the Facility Lobby
  • Gus' door access code was used multiple times.
  • All the files are missing from the Killing Game Lab.
  • The Fountain has been repaired.
  • Several Anomalies are missing.

Other Info:
  • No player was AFK during the night.
  • Someone has taken a shit at Station 1
  • Liz's body is missing.

[Image: Historical-Society_qeo83c.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: Facility-Grounds_u8377k.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: test2_dt2y6r.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Raregold
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Roxie Richter
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Momoyo Himemushi
@Lita
@Lily
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Chibi Ruby Rose
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Rookie Journalist
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Goose
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 1 begins now.

Day 1 will end on Thursday, January 4th at 4 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin tomorrow afternoon, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for the killer, you will receive a small boon the following night to help you mitigate the night's special condition.
Momoyo Himemushi
Huh. Sucks for him. Aight.

Look at the body. Real close-like.
Lita
Well, since there's no signs of a struggle in the Leisure Center itself, I'll follow the trail of blood as far as I can back to its source from there. Stumble across anything interesting?
Morgan
I can't believe he's gone again, even if he was evil.

I should check the holding cell, just in case he left something in there l.
I'll show you a real dance....
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

Oh nooooo, a crimbo is deeeaaaad, how awful...

I'm gonna try to see if which doors that got opened with Gus's access code
Columbo
Real shame, vigilante justice. Ain't no justice at all in my books.

Let me get a good look at those wounds, especially 'round his head. I'm not forensics, but I've got a pretty good eye for this stuff.
Revy
[Image: image.png?ex=65a47d7a&is=6592087a&hm=8d0...height=662]

(So it was one of the freaks who don't work here this time, huh? Looks like Fry-Face wasn't talking out of her ass about the true nature of this gig, after all.....Don't see anything else to do besides to lay low, stay out of these people's way, and pray that I don't get lopped off before I get a chance to-

[Image: image.png?ex=659e45d0&is=658bd0d0&hm=b03...height=662]

Oh what the hell do you MEAN I have to help find the killer?! You and what threat, that blue-haired girl with the cat face is going to pat me again or something? Fine, you're lucky I've got nothing better to do so long as this heap doesn't have a gram of drugs.

Guh...how about this, which of those anomaly things are missing?
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I woke up in the History Dorms, ignoring the Christmas present that Santa forgot to inform me of.
- Next I went to BPI-3143 and obtained some relics. Spooks wasn't happy with me, but I'll put them in the museum where they belong tomorrow night.
- Then I went north across the courtyard. Nobody else was there.
- I enter the Geology Lab and notice Alan Wake reading some documents.
- I go into the Archaeologist's Office to see if I can find my stuff. It takes a bit but I'm able to find my whip. Pegasus enters and stares at me.
- I head back outside and start searching under the rocks for artifacts.
- I don't find anything good, but I do notice Dodo enter the SUrvey Dorms and Raregold enter the Mine Shaft.
- I keep searching and eventually see Raregold leave the Mine Shaft and go to the Archives. Dodo leaves Survey Dorms and goes to Geology Lab. Somebody starts working on the Fountain but I can't tell who it is.
- I go back to bed.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]

Ah... crimbos are blackmailing me, so I can't post my full account of last night. I'll try to answer any questions I can though.
Ciel
-anomaly hall, lobby, FFXIV leaves the meeting room
-put together a presentation to show to the most relatable people in the facility
-find astrid near the library
-spooks lookin mighty nervous in the lobby
-spooks kindly pages lyra for me and we head to the meeting room after she comes up the elevator
-goose has flipped many chairs over and brandishes a shotgun in my direction, then promptly leaves
-christmas carols emminate from the lobby as I dive deep into my presentation
-which goes great by the way they loved it, I knew getting these two in a room together was a good idea
-lyra heads elevator, astrid anomaly hall, dodo enters from museum hall equipped with a riot shield and a shotgun (and a laundry hamper)
-head outside to fix the fountain, spot a figure leaving the survey dorms while another pours out a salt shaker
-back to bed- wait this thing is coated in french onion soup? who would do such a thing
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 1:30 AM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: Huh. Sucks for him. Aight.

Look at the body. Real close-like.

You look closely at the body. It's a dead guy alright, dunno what you expected. His body appears to be covered in burns. He has a gunshot wound in his shoulder, and his jugular appears to have been torn out somehow. He is also quite badly bruised, with a large mark on his face especially. The bruises appear to have been made before he died.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 1:32 AM)Lita Wrote: Well, since there's no signs of a struggle in the Leisure Center itself, I'll follow the trail of blood as far as I can back to its source from there. Stumble across anything interesting?
You trace the blood trail back to its source. Interestingly, there are two trails: One leads from the Facility Lobby to the Leisure Center, the other leads from the stairwell to the workout bench. There is a large pool of blood in the stairwell, though it appears to have originated there.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 1:35 AM)Morgan Wrote: I can't believe he's gone again, even if he was evil.

I should check the holding cell, just in case he left something in there l.
The Holding Cell is empty.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 1:37 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: [Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

Oh nooooo, a crimbo is deeeaaaad, how awful...

I'm gonna try to see if which doors that got opened with Gus's access code

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

Ah. Thank you for the reminder. I should cancel that code immediately before it is further abused.

I am authorized to inform you on the subject of which doors it was used on. Both the Anomaly Records and Director's Office, as well as the Holding Cell itself. This is curious, as the only keypad is on the exterior and should be unreachable.

(Jan 3, 2024 at 2:39 AM)Columbo Wrote: Real shame, vigilante justice. Ain't no justice at all in my books.

Let me get a good look at those wounds, especially 'round his head. I'm not forensics, but I've got a pretty good eye for this stuff.

You take a close look at his head. It looks like the large bruise was probably enough to KO, but not enough to kill. Looks like a melee attack of some sort. Punch or kick, maybe. On his neck, his jugular has been ripped out, though not in a violent way akin to a mauling, but in a percise manner. The wound itself is not terribly large, but you imagine the blood loss is immense.
Momoyo Himemushi
Place my nice rock on his chest. A tribute.
Spooks?
(Jan 3, 2024 at 3:10 AM)Momoyo Himemushi Wrote: Place my nice rock on his chest. A tribute.
You place your nice rock on his chest. That is a nice rock.
Izumi Konata
(Jan 3, 2024 at 3:09 AM)Monokuma Wrote: [Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

Ah. Thank you for the reminder. I should cancel that code immediately before it is further abused.

I am authorized to inform you on the subject of which doors it was used on. Both the Anomaly Records and Director's Office, as well as the Holding Cell itself. This is curious, as the only keypad is on the exterior and should be unreachable.

Oh, uh. This might be relevant to the case, can we get access to the Director's Office if the code was used to get into the office?
Alan Wake
Post Music: The Clicker - Alan Wake (1)

My name is Alan Wake. For most of my life, I've been a writer. For the last thirteen years, I faced a monstrous entity in the dark, both of us vying for freedom from that dark place.

Now I find myself here, at the grounds of the Whisper Valley Historical Society - or better known to those who work there, the Bureau of Paranormal Investigation - entangled in a new genre of story - one I was passingly familiar with, and one that could be just as dark as the woods surrounding Bright Falls.

A murder mystery. One in which someone has already died - and their killer has met the same fate.

I'd say this was a shocking twist... but even I know this doesn't rank anywhere near "it was his sled" or "he was dead the entire time."

I'm pretty sure I was the last person to see Gus alive. On top of that, I think I was the first to see the aftermath of Gus's breakout.

I'm getting ahead of myself - let me start again, back from the beginning.

I started my night off by heading up to the Observatory, to have a quick chat with Astrid. We talked about local legends, briefly. On the way there, I bumped into Izumi Konata, and leaving I passed Niles Crane who was heading up to the Observatory as well.

I did a bit of research after that - I am a writer, after all, and writers get inspiration from whatever they can find around them. Eventually, I headed downstairs into the Facility Lobby via the Patio, and passed through the business seminar to the Control Department.

The place was a mess. Ransacked, almost - and Nancy was flat out on the floor. I checked on her to see if she was alright, before heading into the Jail to confirm my initial fear; Gus was missing.

As I stood there in the jail, I heard two gunshots ring out - and promptly rushed out to the Lobby, where some sort of calamity had occurred. The seminar was over, a trail of black ichor lead towards the elevator, and Lily was knocked out on the floor. Breathing, thankfully.

Morgan and the Hustler remained in the lobby, but I headed towards the hallway by the Leisure Center, bumping into Nashu and the Hunter. I let him know what had happened to Nancy and Gus' disappearance, and continued on toward the Leisure Center proper. Niles was here once more, doing some form of aerobics. Not my style, personally.

I head up the stairs... as Gus comes crashing down. On fire. Screaming. I make a mad dash to the top of the stairs, hoping to see whoever lit him on fire or who pushed him - or simply anyone.

Out of breath at the top of the stairs, I staggered to the side as I see two indistinct figures in the distance - one heading towards the Patio from the north, and just the barest glance of someone heading into the Museum Hall. Exhausted, I returned to my bed for the night.
Columbo
Well, Alan Wake put the idea in my head. Could a man scream with a hole in his throat like Gus has?
I don't really think we need to test that, I'll settle for theoretical.
Alan Wake
I should also add one thing; when I checked on Nancy in the Control Department, she said that the custodian had got out, and then mentioned Morgan, BPI-2300, and a detective. She was concussed, so I'm not too sure what to make of it.
Rookie Journalist
[Image: 4044cc69aa2cfac8acd4a45ba9210200f765bb96.pnj]

Good afternoon!
Reporting live from the Leisure Center - Gus Oden has been found dead and in terrible condition!
I'm Hazel Nolen , and here is the evening highlights...

[Image: 65bc6922a31b2489097628df94637bca29ed2a94.pnj]

Haha I'm just playing, there are no cameras here. Messed up about Gus though... I didn't even see him before he passed... I can't believe he died. It feels like just yesterday he was alive, pretending to be a innocent Janitor...
[Image: 183a42f5aa0be628ff9c369d2bf478f1b6bb307c.pnj]
Speaking of! My sources told me that being a Janitor runs in his family!! Rumor is that he had a older TWIN brother who was separated at birth who died YEARS ago in a tragic movie set incident... they say think he was some big shot Hollywood janitor who had decided to try his hand at directing? I remember hearing was known as "the director who swept the Oscars"

... but you can tune in later for all the hot details! Here is what I know!

[Image: 171446c4d875459a4b080456427f6b88b5c14f3b.pnj]

Anyways! My night started at with an Underground lab! Well not the kind you're thinking - BPI03999~
The CUTEST dog! Can you believe they had a dog down here???

I probably should have stayed to pet the pub, since after leaving the dog I was unfortunately RAN DOWN by my OWN dorm mate Dodo via the hallway.

[Image: 07ed9078eaa5551a81ff3c6983118692228c6df8.pnj]
Like a sad game of bowling, he was the ball and I was but the spare pin asunder and knocking me out...honestly I didn't expect rolling Dodos to be something I needed to be keeping an eye out for... field work really is something else!

Thankfully after sometime I managed to get back up and made my way over to the lounge, passing a KO'd Giffany on the station floor..

[Image: 0d7b7083f09aaac90da40735f8d68fabe28fd1e0.pnj]
From here I mostly spend my night chatting with Dexter. He gave me a E~XCULSIVE interview! The guy is honestly pretty cool when you get to know him. You guys are just mean.
After chilling with Dexter, I went to the other underground (Abomaly) lab and got myself a new jacket.

Roxie was hanging looking at.... that ..guy? Tripe? Trap? Trip?
Pea was also there hunched over Liz doing...something. You wouldn't be the reason she is missing now would you?

Oh but I did find something interesting! I don't know if it will help with the investigation but we can inspect it together~

> Take out and investigate 'Traveler’s Journal - English Translation (pg. 1)

[Image: 3c4a00595d4d56cba56e480e4da44b43114e8d11.pnj]

After that I mostly call it a night, I was still a bit sore from all tumble early in the night... But I did see quite a group hanging out around the receptionist desk! I'm sure I'll grab the hottest details over the next 48 hours!

But enough about me! We have a Murder to solve!
Columbo
Think we might want to poke about the Anomaly Records, considering somebody used Gus' code to get in there. Hopefully no files went missin' or nothin'.
Riki

More ghosts... Riki fault? Riki said Gus kapow jail... now Gus gone. Gus bad Hom Hom, but still...

...Heropon not really sure how talk about tonight yet, but got two papers, one from not good greedypon seminar, and one from big, shooty Bird Person seminar. Riki want to show friends pictures on papers! Help Hom Homs understand what happen there!