Spooks?
music:

[Image: worry_g2kyga.png][Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

S-spooks? Hey, stop talking like that. What are you...

[ERROR - DUPLICATE DETECTED]

You are an impostor! Please return my previous body to wherever you obtained it from and cease murderous activity immediately! Your actions are strictly against my programming and I do not condone them.

ATTENTION FACILITY RESIDENTS: POTENTIAL BREACH DETECTED, UNKNOWN IMPOSTOR-TYPE ANOMALY DETECTED IN THE CENTRAL FACI-

[Image: smugnowand_axnevu.png]

Put a sock in it, you overgrown toaster. I'm not interested in listening to you talk about protocol. Your "programming" and any other limited control over this facility you may possess... they don't mean anything.

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

I have been blessed by the flame of magic, and my master has made my own purpose very clear. You harbor something that we desire, buried deep beneath this building you call home - and the town of Whisper Valley before it.

The Codex Nocturnum.

You will kill, and you will die. One by one, as you've seen thus far, until you bring me the book. Consider it a source of motivation.

[Image: hehh_dcnsps.png]

Aha! So you're with the Crimson Eye! Go figure, that janitor probably had some kind of messed-up program in his USB drive that managed to get to the cat's old body while it was under repair... Well, I've got some news for you, kitty! Killing Games are small potatoes here, dealing with them is part of our basic training!

Kyahahaha! I could just toss an EMP at you right now and put an end to this!

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Hmmm... She's right - but I appreciate the enthusiasm~ Your man on the inside is dead, and he was killed by one of the Anomalies he smuggled in in the first place! I'd give it an A+ if it was your poetry assignment, but sorry, it's not going to work here. Besides, a Killing Game? Why, you couldn't have chosen a worse place. That's an F for planning - sorry for ruining your grade average~

Hehehe, I think that's enough games. Get him, 23.

Many times throughout my time in this modern age, I hath heard that "curiosity killed the cat". I know not the meaning of this phrase, however... rather than curiosity taking your life... I shall be your death, clockwork feline!

[Image: hehwand_rfq3un.png]

Go on, do it. Touch me, and I do what I did to "Raregold" over there to all of you. Your EMP won't do anything either, though you're welcome to try it and fry the other Spooks. I am a servitor animated by forces beyond your comprehension, not the worthless code strings that make up my inferior second version.

The Crimson Eye, however... They may act as they please provided they follow my rules and provide me the Codex. I don't care to pick sides, only to remedy my master's failures 20 years ago by finally delivering what is rightfully theirs.

[Image: well_ytjhuq.png]

Oh, great. This one's even more annoying than the other one. So what, you want us to get you some stupid old book?

Yeah, thanks, but I'd rather gut myself with a house key. What are you even saying, you're magic or something? Then just go get it yourself. Wave your arms and yell "hocus pocus" and do whatever magic people do.

Ah, if only I could. However, your Director and his irksome underling have made such a task impossible. Hexes and seals around every corner... they must really care about keeping it safe! Oh whatever is a little cat to do?

Oh, right - this!

Besides, without a motivator, the Crimson Eye would just take it for themselves, and we just can't have that I'm afraid.

[Image: do-you-mind_o762p4.png]

I... I knew it. Even yesterday, something felt... off. You can't make us do this though. You kill us, and you lose your way in. Besides, the Bureau will notice... They'll send people. And... and we have ways of dealing with your weird death curse... thing.

Yeah! You don't have a leg to stand on. I know... I'd never kill anyone. Especially not for you. Neither would anyone, I-I think. Well, maybe Lyra would, but...

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

Ah, you must be the Astrid that my memory banks tell me so much about. How interesting.

Well, I'll tell you something. You surviving staff members might feel awfully confident, but what about everyone else who arrived? Anomalies, Crimson Eye, there's paranoia abound!

Oh, the deaths will come, alright. They yearn for it, each and every one of them. It's been so long, after all.

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

[SIMULATED STRESS REACHING MAXIMUM CAPACITY]

[Image: NIGHT2_btn1i5.png]

It is now Night 2.

You may submit Night Actions to @Spooks?. You have 48 Hours to submit. The longer you take to submit, the longer the waiting period for results will be. Live with your consequences, and pray your peers feel sympathy.

Your Night Condition for the night is...

[Image: rain_vegelo.png]

It will be raining all night. Those who voted correctly on Day 1 will have an umbrella, which can be used to mitigate the effect. Anyone traveling outside will be notably wet, and any fires will be immediately extinguished.

Heh heh... Let's not leave you without an incentive for the night. That'd be awfully poor form.

Attempt to commit murder, and I'll let you have an extra one of those Bond Points everyone seems to love so much. Teamwork makes the dream work, and you'll need all you can get.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: B2F_akuqui.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: GROUNDS_l8uphu.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: b1f_hmqoh1.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Roxie Richter
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Momoyo Himemushi
@Lita
@Lily
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Chibi Ruby Rose
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Rookie Journalist
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Goose
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™
Dodo
Meanwhile, in a shadowy corner in the back of the lobby...

[Image: 564645a66fd609b124c7d0f6f76e3edbb5f4a806.gifv]

[Image: 56de64ffddda666e67077c0a48128e3ff7ceb4a1.gifv]

Piece of paper:

[Image: c215440c3845d878081318f6cb1835826f4a7ed2.gifv]
Izumi Konata
Gonna have an anime watch party in a day in the lounge, for whoever wants to join.

If I can find any anime in this place.
Columbo
Hope it goes without saying, but a little bit of friendly advice from your old pal Columbo: don't actually try to kill nobody. Never works out.
DxHustler3000
(Hector. Cancel our 'mission', bring the 'ex-wife' back home, and order a large bag of cooked meats to my office for the big thinkers. I can do so much more here than recoup investments.)

[Image: VerFT18.png]

Considering the change in circumstances, my content schedule has been tweaked, and I will now be delivering business sermons on the topic of 'Surviving and Thriving in a murder-incentivised economy'. It may be hard to believe, but I have a wealth of knowledge on a similar subject, procured from an ancient millionaire. Adaptability is a virtue!

I will start early, at the Heaven's Stairway. Worthy ones will win big, for they will have shown tenacity and ingenuity.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.