Spooks?

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

The second day dawns.

The rules of the Game are immutable, and as such, another has fallen. What a pity! The first of many since the dawn of the Game proper - with the second sacrifice soon to come. Behold, and turn your eyes towards the Underground Facility.

[Image: smugnowand_axnevu.png]

...Because it's mystery solving time, and unlike poor old Raregold and his Janitor buddy, this one's sure to make you work for it! You've got a proper murder mystery on your hands, with a very special culprit.

Now begins your first official test. Let the game begin anew. As the inferior copy would say....

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

!MYSTERY PROTOCOL ENGAGED!

music:

[Image: Day-2-Death_mbn94i.png]

@Goose has been found dead in BPI-3550's containment cell. He has been killed in a shockingly brutal manner.

His role was...

role card:

[Image: day2_xn3a4v.png]

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

[STRESS MODULE STATUS: OVEREXERTING]

Another body has been discovered! Safety severely compromised! [ANXIETY LEVEL: HIGHTEN-

[Image: plaguesolo2_iewp5p.png]

Silence, you! Your babble means nothing, automaton. We have heard it before.

The slaying of the Crimson Interloper was one thing, but this... this travesty shall not be allowed to pass unpunished. A comrade defeated, my brother hath fallen - at the bloodied hands of one of you! Duplicitous snakes, to kill a defenseless ally and lay his corpse bare like some sort of animal. Beaten, maimed, torn asunder!

Were it not for this "game", he would still walk among us! His wounds shall only be a fraction of the devastation I unleash upon this murderous fiend!

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

...Man, what're you talking about? It's a goose! It's like, the top of everyone's "worst animal ever" list!

[Image: duopointself_rqcpi3.png]

We were joined by blood oath, branded by the flames of revolution and our beaked visages! You could never understand!

Shhh, it's okay. We'll catch the killer, 23. We'll put a stop to this game too, I'm sure of it! Just take a couple of deep breaths - remember, we've all been forced into this. What's important is that we're all still here together~

Well, except the goose. I'm... sorry.

Your words ring hollow as the bones of my fallen kin. The custodian was a simple choice, rational even. One of the enemy's number. But this... a cruel, targeted act... Perhaps I am next, what then? I have survived centuries, and I will not fall now!

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png][Image: ugh_mkpldb.png]

...We have to solve this either way, right? Otherwise what happened to Raregold could happen to...

Yeah, yeah. An innocent person. I get it. Look, I was stuck out in the rain for like an hour or two, forgive me for being in a shitty mood. Personally, I say we ditch this "Killing Game" junk, find the mastermind, and just kick his ass. That sounds easier than playing whodunnit for fuck knows how long.

[Image: do-you-mind_o762p4.png]

And you think I'm happy with this... game? I just... I don't think it'll be that easy. It's not like we know who's in charge of this... fake Spooks. I don't think it'll be a matter of "kicking his ass". I... I like to believe that this mastermind isn't one of us, that they're hiding somewhere or far away or... I dunno, a ghost or something!

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Oh please. If it was a ghost, I'd definitely kick it's ass.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

There is a 90.41% chance that the mastermind themselves is not a ghost. According to my database, a simple ghost on its own would not possess the capabilities to conjure and control an entity such as the one currently inhabiting my physical interface.

I apologize for raining on your metaphorical parade, [AGENT DESIGNATION - DEXTER HEXLEY]. Please let me know if there are any other parameters which you would like defined.

[Image: huh_sej3kc.png]

Ugh. I'm so sick of cats.

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

Kyeheheh, I don't know what everyone else is so down about - this is great! Killing Games corelate with higher-than-average anomalous occurrences, which means that we're sitting on a research gold mine! Think of the possibilities!

Screw the Codex! Let's just keep this going - into the unknown reaches of science and discovery itself! Kyahaha!

[Image: Upset_lpyvvw.png]

....You are really NOT helping...

Case Files:
  • The victim is sitting in BPI-3550's containment cell, in a pool of blood.
  • The victim is wearing a strange cloak and mask.
  • The victim's stomach has been slashed open, and some substance is leaking from it.
  • BPI-3550 is nowhere to be seen.
  • The victim appears to be wounded beyond the stomach injury.
  • There is a strange note left on the victim's body.
  • There was a large assembly in the Stairway to Heaven
  • The Boathouse has been unlocked.
  • A panel is loose in the Facility Lobby
  • Several Anomalies are missing.

Other Info:
  • No player was AFK during the night.
  • A doorway has appeared in the Sleep Lab
  • A hole has been dug into the Mine Shaft next to the Observatory.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: B2F_akuqui.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: GROUNDS_l8uphu.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: b1f_hmqoh1.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Roxie Richter
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Momoyo Himemushi
@Lita
@Lily
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Chibi Ruby Rose
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Rookie Journalist
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 2 begins now.

Day 2 will end on Monday, January 22nd at 4 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin tomorrow afternoon, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for the killer, you will have a higher chance of survival during the following night - something that will be crucial during Double Murder.
Morgan
Alright, first thing's first. What does the note on the body say?
I'll show you a real dance....
Izumi Konata
I dunno about you guys, but I'm checking out the doorway in the Sleep Lab first
Dr. Niles Crane
What's in the Boathouse?

Besides 'boats', that is.
Alan Wake
Last night is still a blur for me, but I'm curious - what's with this cloak and mask?
Tinkaton
Tinkaton decides to look at the loose panel in the lobby.
Giffany
Oh dear, the Goose has been killed! I guess the goose has been... killed! Ah Ha! I have been trying my hand at "jokes" recently. What do you think of my "joke"?

I wonder what might have cooked this Goose? Could we look closer at the body? I wish to see more besides the note!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Pea
(Jan 21, 2024 at 2:11 AM)Giffany Wrote: Oh dear, the Goose has been killed! I guess the goose has been... cooked! Ah Ha! I have been trying my hand at "jokes" recently. What do you think of my "joke"?

I wonder what might have cooked this Goose? Could we look closer at the body? I wish to see more besides the note!

you're laughing. a goose is dead and you're laughing.
Lita
Everyone else investigated everything else there is to see atm so I'll investigate the newly created mine shaft hole
Revy
What anomalies went AWOL this time?
Columbo
That's a real shame, real shame. What kinda goose was Goose, anyway? They're a protected species in certain countries, y'know.
No time for any bird-brained humor. What's the blood situation? Any trails to and from, or any other disturbances to that pool?
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I wake up in the survey team dorms without any umbrella
- I exit into the rain and make my way into the main building.
- Spooks (Good) is in the anomaly hall. I tell him that if he hears an explosion it was caused by Columbo, and he should run to Columbo's location.
- I enter the history dorm as Pea exits. I open my christmas present and retrieve the Mysterious Detonator.
- I head out to the lobby to wait for Columbo so I can trade for his shovel. He never shows up so I leave the detonator on the desk with a note for him.
- Then I go to museum hall to look for a knife. Jack of Spades is there, stealing the Pipe of Deduction and Rookie Journalist goes from stairway to heaven to sleepp lab.
- Jack of Spades also goes to sleep labs.
- A cultist with a metal mask enters from lobby and goes to stairway to heaven.
- I take the emerald dagger and go through sleep labs. When I exit I see a shadowy figure running into the woods with a knife. I hear a zap followed by a grunt from that direction.

- I arrive at Mirror Lake and find Rookie Journalist talking to Dexter. Morgan is there unlocking the boathouse. RJ and Dex leave. Giffany appears. Morgan says he got the key as a gift from Gus.
- We enter. Giffany steals the lore documents. Morgan takes the boat key.
- We go back outside. Alan Wake, Ciel, Dexter, Lyra, and Pea are there. Momoyo appears from the darkness.
- Everyone gets on the boat somehow. Morgan drives us slowly across the lake.
- An armored diver appears and climbs onto the already overcrowded boat.
- The diver knocks Momoyo off with their harpoon. I flip the diver off the boat.
- White tentacles appear from under the water. They grab the diver and Momoyo then pull them both underwater. Momoyo's body floats back up to the surface shortly later.

- We arrive at the island.
- There is a lone building on the island that we all head inside of.
- In the center is a glass elevator locked with a keycard. Nobody has the keycard so we leave.
- I take a quick look around the other side of the building but find nothing.
- When I get back to the shore I find the boat already left without me.
- I fall asleep by myself on the island.
Revy
Actually, is that bird wet at all? From water, not the blood or the stomach gunk.
Mr. Scratch
Post Music: The Happy Song - Alan Wake: American Nightmare

The writer is currently... unavailable, thanks to one of you idiots' little tricks. So while he's gone, you've got me. His ghost-writer, his better half. I'm no poet, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

He saw no head nor tailfeather of that ridiculous bird, tonight - I should know, I CTRL+F'd and everything, - as he joined the folks traveling across the lake. Fun trip that, very nostalgic.

He did see something very interesting near the edge of the forest, something I'm sure the murder-y cat or the pink-eyes may be interested in, but hey - my lips are sealed.

And on that note, crimbos? Don't try this again.

---
(addendum in a separate post)
Oh, so the fowl play might have happened after the boat trip? Lousy work ethic, whoever the murderer is. You do that type of thing as early as you can so you can enjoy the rest of the day relaxing and having a nice long alibi.

I can go into a little more detail about the penman's night, but he ain't gonna like it. He headed downstairs to the shuttle afterwards - following the perky girl with ribbons down. Shame you all killed the janitor - there was a right mess of glass on the way. Maybe my better half can find a better job.

Anyway, that girl? Absolute #$@&%! Didn't wait for the writer with the shuttle at all. After that, he had a chat with the birdman and his secretary and headed straight back to bed. Looks like the little boat trip tuckered him out
Pea
Mind if I throw the goose's body through a doorway?
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-sparkly.gif]

Guys! I actually found anime in this place! The watch party is on tomorrow night!!!!
I hope you guys like Death Note!

Anyway, lemme describe my night, though it wasn't all that interesting, since I was basically just looking for anime and helping out in the Sleep Lab

[Image: Konata-Explaining.png]
Testimony, Begin!

I started out in my room, obviously, with an umbrella, and seeing as how it was pouring, I took it, didn't wanna get sick, after all. Leaving the dorms, I found the cuuuuuutest dog in existence, and gave him a pet on the head before heading towards the shuttle.

I went on the shuttle and entered the lounge, hoping to see Dexter so I can apologize to him but...

[Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

He wasn't even there... Well, screw him. I went to the kitchen and made myself some fries instead.

Afterwards, I went upstairs and immediately started going up to the Observatory so I can hang out with Astrid some, seeing Riki leave as I enter.

It was a fun time, other than the the stress from the whole Killing Game thing, but we hung out, she told me about books, I tried to tell her about anime and games, until Maximillion came inside and started jackhammering the floor, the jerk.

[Image: Konata-Angry.png]

We chased him out before he could do too much damage, and I left soon afterwards, letting Astrid have a moment to herself. I went down to the Whisper Valley Archive and found a bit of newspaper clippings about something from 20 years ago, might be interesting, I'll let everyone see it later when we're not busy with investigating.

I also found the boxset of Death Note here! And then I got tasered and knocked out...

[Image: Konata-Dead.png]

After I wake up, I realize I'm late to the Sleep Lab experiment, and rush my way there, seeing Jack and Ciel already there. Lily was KO'd here too, and a smell of gasoline was permeating the place.

We wait for a bit, the super duper normal regular human, Jonsohn Smithy walks by, from the museum towards the facility grounds. And then Phenera comes in, very stinky of fish, for some reason. Did you fall into the lake?

Either way, we finally did the experiment, a nice snooze and a new door appeared in the lab! We decided to leave investigating it for now, during the day, and just went back to sleep.

[Image: Konata-Sleeping.png]

And that's my testimony, hopefully it's useful. I didn't see Goose at all tonight, unless it was the one who tasered me, I didn't see who that was
Izumi Konata
Is there any sort of evidence that the goose was moved after it was killed, or did it get killed in the containment room?

Also, check out all the different wounds individually
Mr. Scratch
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:21 AM)Pea Wrote: Mind if I throw the goose's body through a doorway?

I've got no complaints - but if you're trying to destroy evidence, can you at least do it in the kitchen? I'm starving for some freshly roasted goose.
Izumi Konata
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:41 AM)Mr. Scratch Wrote:
(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:21 AM)Pea Wrote: Mind if I throw the goose's body through a doorway?

I've got no complaints - but if you're trying to destroy evidence, can you at least do it in the kitchen? I'm starving for some freshly roasted goose.

I don't know if a few hours post-death, sitting in a pool of its own blood, counts as fresh.
Spooks?
(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:42 AM)Morgan Wrote: Alright, first thing's first. What does the note on the body say?
You pick up the note on the body, examining it in your hand. It appears to be a book page, scrawled over and crossed out in various places.

[Image: content_g9jwxw.jpg]

Well that's not ominous at all.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:45 AM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: What's in the Boathouse?

Besides 'boats', that is.
You notice the Boathouse door is unlocked now, and open it carefully.

The Boathouse is fairly small, with a writing desk on one end. A lamp sits on the desk, the bulb flickering due to a clearly gnawed wire. It looks as though it has been left on for a while. It is dusty in here, and you can see an imprint in the dust as though some kind of other book was sitting there, that has been removed since.

You see several rings on hooks, with what appear to be identical boat keys on them. There also appear to be a variety of inflatable rafts in here, as well as fishing gear, emergency equipment, fuel for the motorboat, and a kayak mounted to the wall. Nothing super interesting. One of the gas cans appears to be missing though.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:47 AM)Alan Wake Wrote: Last night is still a blur for me, but I'm curious - what's with this cloak and mask?
You examine the Goose's cloak and mask.

The cloak appears to be hastily fashioned from some kind of red tapestry. It is covered in religious symbolism. The mask however... is quite disturbing. Forged from dark iron, it appears to be some kind of torture device. It is prying his eyelids open, making him unable to even blink. Well, it would do that, if he was alive.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 1:48 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton decides to look at the loose panel in the lobby.
You look at the loose panel in the lobby. It's right behind the tapestry with the Bureau logo. You push it aside to find what looks like a vault door. It seems to require a three-number passcode, inputted via a big dial.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 2:11 AM)Giffany Wrote: Oh dear, the Goose has been killed! I guess the goose has been... killed! Ah Ha! I have been trying my hand at "jokes" recently. What do you think of my "joke"?

You look closer at the body. The liquid pouring from its stomach smell acrid, and gives off a burning gas. There are strangulation marks on his throat as well as a strange bulge.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 2:28 AM)Lita Wrote: Everyone else investigated everything else there is to see atm so I'll investigate the newly created mine shaft hole
You head up to the Observatory and look into the mine shaft hole. It is pretty deep, and a tied-off rope descends into the darkness. You may climb it if you want, but you do not know where it goes.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 2:41 AM)Revy Wrote: What anomalies went AWOL this time?

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

It appears as though a few Anomalies are missing.
  • BPI-3550 is absent from its cell, though is present in the Underground Facility.
  • The Bloody Face and One-Way Cloak are both missing from the BPI-3999? containment room.
  • BPI-2003 is missing from its containment room.

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

Please remain safe with so many Anomalies missing!

(Jan 21, 2024 at 2:52 AM)Columbo Wrote: That's a real shame, real shame. What kinda goose was Goose, anyway? They're a protected species in certain countries, y'know.
No time for any bird-brained humor. What's the blood situation? Any trails to and from, or any other disturbances to that pool?
Goose appears to be an Emden Goose, which is a domestic breed of Goose and therefore likely not protected under the Migratory Bird Act.

It doesn't look like there's a trail of blood, most blood appears to be splashing outwards towards the door, as though he was slashed from behind while facing the door.

(Jan 21, 2024 at 3:04 AM)Revy Wrote: Actually, is that bird wet at all? From water, not the blood or the stomach gunk.
Goose is not wet.

You pick up Goose and toss him through a doorway. He lands on the ground with a splat. Kind of unimpressive, really.