Spritanium
For most, it means "Work From Home". For commercial property owners, it means "We're Fuckin' Hosed". Whatever it means to you, there's no denying it: WFH is the latest thing that has existed forever that people are now suddenly mad about.

Personally, I have always chosen to work from home, because it's a natural extension of the pattern I established long ago. I am still sitting at a computer creating pointless content as I always have, but the Admin is now my Boss, and because he pays me, I make an effort not to get banned (forum admins should take note of this).

What are your thoughts? Do you work from home? Do you work inside a different building? Do you work at all, you lazy sack of shit?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Evil Yoshi Toes
I would love to work from home! I can do everything my job needs me to do from home. But my company is old fashioned and treats us all like poop so we can’t lol.

My ideal situation is hybrid with a couple days a week at home and the rest in the office. I do like seeing (some) work people, but I don’t need to drive to work every day. Doesn’t help that it takes me an hour and fifteen to get to work and an hour to get back.
Elyk
I have worked from home for about 4 years now. Some parts of it blow but it's better than having to shower every morning and then sit in a car for 30 minutes.
Fun With Despair
My dream is to work from home but because I am not wealthy enough to quit my job to get a degree while still paying for the cost of living, there's no job that I can ever reasonably get that would let me do so, so I try not to think about it.

I work fairly close to home though so it's not that bad anyway.
Spritanium
(Jan 26, 2024 at 5:19 PM)Elyk Wrote: I have worked from home for about 4 years now. Some parts of it blow but it's better than having to shower every morning and then sit in a car for 30 minutes.
I think the guilt of convenience is a big part of it. During a typical workday if I accomplish only one meaningful thing, I feel like an asshole. But if I accomplish that same thing while I happen to be at the office, I feel like a businessman
Elyk
(Jan 26, 2024 at 6:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(Jan 26, 2024 at 5:19 PM)Elyk Wrote: I have worked from home for about 4 years now. Some parts of it blow but it's better than having to shower every morning and then sit in a car for 30 minutes.
I think the guilt of convenience is a big part of it. During a typical workday if I accomplish only one meaningful thing, I feel like an asshole. But if I accomplish that same thing while I happen to be at the office, I feel like a businessman
Yeah, it's mostly mental. I don't work a salaried job but if I had to hit 40 hours of work each week good luck doing that from home. If I'm in the office I feel like every second of my time there I should be paid for, but at home if I get up to refill my water bottle I stop the timer.
Kright
I do hybrid and it's pretty alright all and all - I work from home Friday so it's nice to be able to take it a bit easier, sleep in a bit, and not need to commute all the way into work. I also try and save any quick simple tasks for Friday so I don't feel as bad when I get a bit more distracted by things in my house.

Going into work is nice at least for seeing co-workers and just getting out of the house. Though I agree that getting up early and getting ready everyday really sucks.
sealelement
i think work from home would be really nice, but as a pharmacy tech the work from home options i've looked into all pay like $10 an hour less. the math just doesn't add up for me. would be cool though.
100% pure gamer 100%
Vertette
i dont enjoy commuting at all but id rather work at an office than from home. i find it easier to talk to coworkers that way and theres something about being home 24/7 that depresses me deeply.
King Piranha Plant
From my experience (and this only my super biased opinion) work from home isn't ideal, it can be very draining and a lot harder to have discipline or drive or connectedness to others vs when you're surrounded by other people you work with and have to go see them every day. But I'll admit it does provide a huge level of freedom if it's remote or can be taken anywhere.
Kabuto
I like my office because it is a supply closet I work in alone and they foolishly gave me administrative permissions and TF2 runs off university hardware much better than my own, so I don't mind my job. I certainly wouldn't object to working from home though
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
Spritanium
(Feb 4, 2024 at 6:11 AM)Kabuto Wrote: I like my office because it is a supply closet I work in alone and they foolishly gave me administrative permissions and TF2 runs off university hardware much better than my own, so I don't mind my job. I certainly wouldn't object to working from home though
If this is what "hybrid role" meant I would be so down. As a kid my dream career was anything that would let me be alone with the internet in a room all day