[Day 3] - Shuttled off this Mortal Coil

Spooks?

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

(Hmm... If "Esotera" is what gives Anomalies their unique traits... and these "Seals" appear to also harness this energy... I just need to find a few more for analysis, and then...)

(But where? Not down here in the labs... and not even in the Arboretum. Kyeh, I thought that'd work for sure... )

Hm... Maybe somewhere in the mines...? Kyehehehe, now I just to convince Momoyo to go dig down there and-

[Image: hey_aenwhb.png]

...Hey, wait a minute, where'd she go?

music:

[Image: Day-3-Death_utktux.png]

@Momoyo Himemushi has been found dead on the Shuttle Line, lying in the wreckage of the now-ruined Shuttle.

Her role was...

role card:

@Chibi Ruby Rose has also been found dead in Counter-Terrorism, with various injuries.

Her role was...

role card:

[Image: day3_zrhg0c.png]

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

Oh.

Well, that's one lab assistant down. That throws a wrench into things.. Now what am I gonna d-

[Image: yeah_ilgw6x.png][Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

[ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT] [ALERT]

I HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED! THE CRIMSON EYE HAVE BLACKMAILED ME! I CAN TRUST NO ONE!

Oh, come on. Why would anyone blackmail you? You're a robot, what are you gonna do, give another percentage-based statistic? Tell someone to read the employee handbook?

I DID NOT KNOW I COULD BE BLACKMAILED EITHER! I WAS NOT AWARE I HAD ANY SECRETS WHICH COULD BE UTILIZED IN ORDER TO PLACE ME UNDER DURESS, BUT I CANNOT TAKE ANY CHANCES!

[Image: well_ytjhuq.png]

Yeah, and I got knocked out, impersonated, and chased around by a monster. You learn to deal with it. A little blackmail? Sounds kinda nice in comparison, honestly. At least you don't have to give testimony.

You know though, it... reminded me of the good old days. Ventured out to the spooky old island on a boat, discovered the secrets of the depths, got my ass kicked... It was like being back on TV, except replace the camera crews and trained professionals with a couple flashlight-carrying morons - myself included.

[Image: huh_sej3kc.png]

Tch, fun or not though... I'd stay away. There's something down there - something weird - and it ain't friendly.

[Image: pointself_pbp9u5.png]

Hehe, maybe I made the right choice by going to Anime Night then! I didn't know Chicken Run counted as "Anime", but I can't hate variety. Besides, it's much more uplifting than that silly little show about murder we were watching at the start. You would've liked it, 23. It had birds~

Do not patronize me! I have heard of this tale you call Chicken Run, a story relvealed to my by the light of the Wizard's Box- a powerful piece of modern mythology. The chickens, rebelling and overthrowing their captors - casting off the chains of confinement to defy inevitable death!

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

Truly, the apex of humanity's artistic expression. You should be honored to have witnessed it in person - as I am honored to have partaken in my brother's hallowed funeral upon this eve.

Well, I don't know if I'd say that, but it's a cute movie~

[Image: hmm_emdrha.png]

Chicken Run...? So much for "Anime" night, huh?

Well, I didn't get to see much of Death Note... But if there's one thing I took away from it... We've got a bunch of weird murders and what is... probably a spooky book. All we're missing now is a young detective with a quirky letter-based name.

[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

...Sorry Columbo, you're a bit old for the role - so for tonight, you can just call me "A"! Heh heh.

It's uh... Short for Astrid. It's like L. Look, I've read enough mystery novels by now to count as a master detective! We're gonna solve these ones too, just like before.

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

...Maybe I'm getting into this too much. I'm almost... starting to forget people actually died. Well, Momoyo anyway... I guess I don't feel too bad about the serial stabber...

Case Files:
  • Momoyo is lying bruised and burned inside the wreckage of the Shuttle
  • The Shuttle is in the middle of the two stations along the Shuttle Line, derailed and broken
  • Chibi Ruby Lose is lying in Counter-Terrorism
  • She appears to have a stab wound, as well as many bruises
  • BPI-1946's containment room lies empty
  • Goose's body is lying by the Fountain, badly charred
  • The Chapel has been vandalized
  • Some sort of event occurred in the Lounge
  • BPI-4119 is lying withered and dead
  • The door to the Liturgical Study has been blown open with explosives
  • A vault door has been opened in the Lobby, revealing an Anomaly Containment Room

Other Info:
  • Chibi Ruby Rose was AFK and was controlled by mysterious forces...
  • The Aquatic Lab Elevator has been unlocked
  • Spooks has been blackmailed, and is unable to post an account of his night
  • Someone has taken a SHIT by the Fountain
  • A lighthouse has appeared in the lake.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: Historical_hggbsw.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: Grounds_jvuhof.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: b1f_hmqoh1.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Roxie Richter
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Lita
@Lily
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 3 begins now.

Day 2 will end on Saturday, February 10th at 6 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin tomorrow afternoon, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for both killers, you will be granted a Grab Bag, which you may choose one of five items from..
Lita
I will investigate Ruby's body and leave Momoyo to someone else.
Morgan
I guess I'll check out Momoyo's body then.
I'll show you a real dance....
Columbo
Right, let me take a good look at the bodies, Chibi Ruby and Momoyo both. And a quick gander around Counter Terrorism and the Shuttle Line. Inspect the tracks real close, how'd the shuttle derail?
Izumi Konata
Gonna look at the shuttle wreckage and try to see what might have caused the destruction
Ciel
the area of the shuttle itself down the track should be checked for sure, but how about we check the stations at either end too?
Tinkaton
While others look at the bodies, Tinkaton take a quick look at the lounge and the chapel.

And what is up with the new lighthouse?
Izumi Konata
(Feb 9, 2024 at 2:35 AM)Spooks? Wrote:

[Image: heh_houlkc.png]

...Sorry Columbo, you're a bit old for the role - so for tonight, you can just call me "A"! Heh heh.

It's uh... Short for Astrid. It's like L. Look, I've read enough mystery novels by now to count as a master detective! We're gonna solve these ones too, just like before.

Also, if you need an assistant, I'll help! Don't worry!
Columbo
Oh, and if 4119 is missing, what's that room back there? Is that the Aquatic Lab Elevator mentioned in the notes?
Tinkaton
Where uh

Where is Trip right now?
Pea
(Feb 9, 2024 at 2:35 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
  • Someone has taken a SHIT by the Fountain

come on
Nashu Mhakaracca
What's in that Anomaly Containment Room?
*Mute
[Image: 1ozxieN.png]

[Image: hVDPZJJ.png]

Good morning!

[Image: U9NSiZ9.png]

Yeah, yeah, I know it could be better, believe me. But I have a job to do, okay? I'll try not to get bogged down with emotion here. I'll add the logs for last night as soon as I can, but main computer performance is not good today, so could you hold on for now?

[Image: 2-Troubled.png]

I can't exactly physically search them myself very easily since, you know, computer program, but I think we should get a handle on exactly what Anomalies are accounted for and which are missing. I guess the digital catalogue hasn't been updated thanks to *Spooks being compromised.

[Image: 2-Straight.png]

Could you check on them for me, Lyra?

(Jan 30, 2024 at 5:23 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: [Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

Oh yeah, I didn't actually say hi, sorry.

Those cat ears are pretty cool, what's up with that?

[Image: 0E4sYLr.png]

Konata, you asked me something last night, didn't you?

[Image: 1-Proud.png]

They're not cat ears. Sure, I get the resemblance, but it's actually a traditional women's headdress called a tteoguji.
Character & sprites from Analogue: A Hate Story
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Dead.png]

Uuuuuughg... my head huurts... Maybe I shouldn't have tried to outdrink Miss Revy.......

I... well, it was an eventful night, but most of you saw the events, but I'll talk about them anyway, even with this headache.

I woke up pretty early, at least earlier than Lily did, which means that I was the first to sleep later in the night.

[Image: Konata-sparkly.gif]

Anyway, I immediately went up the mountain to the Observatory, cuz I wanted to go see Astrid and invite her to the party!

She agreed to come later, so I left to go prepare, seeing Columbo enter the Observatory to talk to her before I left.

I go down to the lounge through the north building and start setting up the DVD, though I did find a weird crystal disc in the player before finishing. I'll show that off in a bit though. I also see Niles enter the kitchen, looking sorta uncomfortable.

[Image: Konata-Thumbs-Up.png]

Lita also goes to the kitchen, and she helpfully makes popcorn for everyone, Thanks!!

[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]

Also, uh... Alan somehow drank 12 shots of rum all at once, that was weird...

Moving on, I start Death Note at this point, and as it played, I saw Revy come first, disappointed it wasn't hentai, then Dodo next, giving something to Dexter, and when he's leaving. I heard an explosion outside the room. Bolded for emphasis since the shuttle exploded and it might be relevant.

[Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

DxHustler enters next (gods, why did they mess with the TV guide while we were watching, so rude...), and then Columbo and Astrid arrive together. Since DxHustler was messing around with the TV, I decided to take Revy up on her drinking contest then, at around the same time Nancy came.

[Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

It went about as well as you'd expect, ehehe...

Tinkaton and the super normal human guy came to watch, but in the end, I passed out and lost. Well, it was my first time drinking, so it makes sense...

I woke up a little bit later, in a complete haze, so I wasn't paying attention to the state of the lounge when I left to go back to my room. The shuttle was definitely blown up by then and I had to walk down it, and I saw the destroyed piece of metal, along with Miss Momoyo's body...

[Image: Konata-Crying.png]

She was really cool...

And finally, I got to the other side, head to my room, seeing no one else on the way, except....

[Image: Konata-Angry.png]

Someone tried attacking me again!! So RUDE! I got away easily enough, but still! Ugh... They jumped me from the doggo's containment cell, as I was right next to the dorm room, so I was able to rush in before the got me.

Uh, I also got a really weird dream. I wrote it down, so here it is.

Quote:XX/XX/2028

Dear journal
After being the sacrifice to unseal the somatic seal, I got a weird dream, so I guess I'll start writing them here.

It was in an infinite library looking place, kinda like what people described in the Sleep Lab the first night we were here, and I was being dragged through by someone! And then a flash of orange filled my eyes, and a whole bunch of knives flew into the air!

[Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

So yeah, got no idea what it all means, but if someone here has a guess, it'd be nice. That's it from me though.
Izumi Konata
Oh yeah, I'll show off the weird crystal disc I found in the DVD player. Not giving it to anyone tho, especially not Riki, if he intends to eat it...
Izumi Konata
(Feb 9, 2024 at 3:30 AM)*Mute Wrote:
(Jan 30, 2024 at 5:23 PM)Izumi Konata Wrote: [Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

Oh yeah, I didn't actually say hi, sorry.

Those cat ears are pretty cool, what's up with that?

[Image: 0E4sYLr.png]

Konata, you asked me something last night, didn't you?

[Image: 1-Proud.png]

They're not cat ears. Sure, I get the resemblance, but it's actually a traditional women's headdress called a tteoguji.

Ah, I didn't know, sorry 'bout that! It does look cute, though!
Lita
Man, Anime Night was so awesome, glad I managed to be there. Even if it feels bad to say that, because it did come at a cost.

I left my room in the Survey Dorms as normal, eager to participate in the activities tonight. As I was walking towards the Geology Lab, I saw a blazing ball of fire shoot towards the Fountain. Um... A meteorite, maybe? Nothing would surprise me here anymore. I made my way into the Kitchen from there though to make some popcorn as Morgan was on his way out. Not a fan of popcorn? Me either, but it's polite to bring something to a party.

I then joined Konata early in the lounge, where she was already watching anime with The BPI dog. I fed them both the popcorn I made and they seemed to like it. Mission accomplished. :)

I saw the following people enter in this order, which you might hear repeated a lot tonight: Revy (who went to make drinks without offering any for anyone else, rude), Dexter, Dodo (who gave Dexter a present?), Hustler, Astrid, Columbo, Nancy and Beepee. By the way, in between the Dodo and Huckster I heard something that might be important: an explosion from somewhere outside. You guys are demolitonists tonight, huh?

However the party was taking a turn I don't really like, so I dipped out to look for even more lore at this point. I cut across the yard towards the Station 1; nothing came for obvious reasons. I encountered Momoyo's body and the ruined shuttle. Sheesh, what a mess. But I decided to leave it for the professionals and went to the Receiving Bay. In Receiving Bay I discovered some gross black junk leaking from Lab Zero that moved towards the Service Elevator. Gross. I did find a Shipping Manifest though, if anyone wants to read that boring stuff.

From here I went upstairs through the Main Elevator to see Spooks. Poor guy was scared to death. I hope you guys will stop bullying him for once! There's not much else to say after this; I left via Whisper Valley Archives again and ended my night there.
Lita
Now that I posted that, I want to investigate the Fountain for char marks and stuff? What was with the fireball?

Also present my lore post for whenever you get around to it.
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I wake up on the island.
- I try to break into the elevator. Niles shows up with Dexter. Niles has the keycard for the elevator.
- We ride the elevator down and explore. Since Niles is the person who actually unlocked the area I'll let him decide if he wants to share what was down there or not.
- Dexter aggros a monster onto us so we have to flee.
- Niles drives the boat back to shore with Dexter and me.
- I head off to sleep.
Morgan
My night is a straight up comedy of errors, no funny music this time.

I wake up and meet Nancy and 23 right outside my dorm in the Lobby. 23's in the middle of grieving Goose, so Nancy suggests he go find something to do to distract himself while he gets prepared for his first funeral. Poor dude.

I go shuttle to Station 1. Lita's in the Cafeteria looking for something, I go outside as not to bother her. I head up for the Observatory to go speak with Astrid about something I found on the Island last night. Columbo is here speaking with her already and they get pretty hush-hush as soon as I walk into the room. I feel kind of bad for killing their conversation so I tried to keep it brief, but Astrid has no interest in entertaining whatever this scrap of paper is all about. While we were talking, I heard a group of people banging around up on the roof. I stepped outside to check it out, just to see a giant Fireball get launched off into the distance. My understanding is that this was the Funeral? I wasn't invited and everyone just keeps telling me to "not worry about it."

My one lead so far had been a dead end, so I thought to follow up on something else I'd been wondering about and headed for the Morgue. I got there by taking the Shuttle again, and I saw Momoyo in the Receiving Bay as I was getting off. I stepped into the Morgue and started checking some of the Cadavers, mostly spurred on from that murder report we found yesterday. There was a body in there, male, that seemed to have that same symbol drawn onto his chest from the File. There was more information on a clipboard nearby, and I'd like to Present the Sigil Study I found once we have a spare moment, no rush.

I went upstairs using the Elevator and saw Hustler in the Stairway to Heaven. I left the building through the Sleep Lab to head over for the Boathouse to go get Indy back from the Island.

Lucky me, god damn it, The fuckin' boat is gone.

I am a man of resilience and perseverance, and this setback does not deter me. I find an inflatable raft and begin to blow. The process is arduous and long. I lose track of time standing out there depriving my brain of all oxygen in order to fill an inflatable fuckin' raft. Owie (クソ.) Finally I had the thing blown up enough to get across the water with. I was expecting to see the Diver again and I was ready this time, but he didn't show. The boat was already over here, and Indy was nowhere to be found. Nobody else is either for that matter. He's not outside where we left him, he's not inside the suspiciously unlocked building either, he's nowhere. I was gonna just give up and go home, so I got on my raft and tried to head back, but Phenera attacked me. Tried to stab me in the neck with a needle full of... Coffee? or something? I used my Ultimate Move (究極の攻撃); TIGER DROP (虎落とし).

Phenera goes flying across the grass, and I use this opportunity to use my Secret Special Move, Citizen's Arrest. I throw a Capture Device at them, something I got from Nancy at some point, and send them to the Holding Cell. In doing so, I also got a readout on them and their powers as an Anomaly...

Which I will not be sharing here.

The important thing is, their team affiliation is Anomaly, which effectively clears them as being Crimson Eye. Mission Accomplished. Only problem, their stupid god damn needle PUNCTURED MY FUCKIN RAFT. I started sinking rapidly, which isn't good because there's a giant killer jellyfish or something in the lake. Not Good.

I see several long, white tendrils rise from the water...

[Image: Gooper-Blooper-SMS.png]

Long story short I got my ass kicked trying to fight a jellyfish underwater. Shit's hard. The extra weird thing is that once I got back to shore, there was a New Lighthouse peeking out from the water. I said "screw that, I'm going home." So I did. The End.
I'll show you a real dance....