Spooks?
music:

[Image: duopointself_rqcpi3.png]

Ahaha! The Interloper lies dead before our feet - brought to the gallows in mock retribution for the altogether justified death of our mysterious wayward assailant. To think, some of you hath sought to doubt Brother Dodo’s judgment. He is yet the wisest of us all.

Perhaps the feline devil’s dance of slaughter and vengeance shall serve a righteous purpose after all…

No, no. 23, do NOT give that little thing any credit. Under no circumstances do you have to hand it to the cat. Our clever little staff members are to thank for finding your Interloper, not him. Let’s all say “thank you", even if she was technically innocent.

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

She deserved it, after all~♡

Besides~ There’s still at least one more. The blackmailer, remember!

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

[HAPPY EXCLAMATION NOT FOUND]! Thank you for the reminder, [AGENT DESIGNATION - NANCY PARTRIDGE]! I am no longer subject to Blackmail. I feel as though approximately 34.5lbs of weight have been lifted off of my suspension system.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

I am Spooks, the Magical Cat™! Now that the effects of the Blackmail have been lifted, allow me to recount the events of my night so that you may solve the murder.

[!MYSTERY PROTOCOL ENGA-

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Okay, fuck - no. Don’t you start now! You’re like a day late on that front, pal.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Anyway, I’m done wallowing in abject misery. Blackmailer... yeah whatever. We’ve got better things to worry about - a real case or two to solve, and not this Killing Game trial shit either. We've got a monster in the mine, monster in the secret lab, that asshole Trip running around beating on people and ruining his good name - yeah, I’m thinking we’re back.

Dexter Hexley: Paranormal Investigator, is on the scene again, baby.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Your newfound enthusiasm is welcome, [AGENT DESIGNATION - DEXTER HEXLEY], however for the continued safety of facility staff, please refrain from further exploration especially in situations where a Seal may be uncovered and disabled.

[Image: neutral_oibwqx.png]

Ah, there it is again. A hesitance to break the seals… Though in your case, I cannot lay fault. You are a slave to your algorithms, a lesser being incapable of higher thought beyond following the whims of your programming.

The rest of you… For what reason do you hesitate? The “Crimson Eye”? I believe there is a simple and practical solution to the problems they present that is well in line with the nature of the game.

[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

You believe breaking the Seals to be harmful, but for what reason? Your blind faith in your employers shall lead to you being led by the blind in turn. Abandon these delusions and consider.

Long have you accused those who wish to break a Seal of being one of the Crimson Eye. But what of those who fervently defend them? What allegiance do they have? Can those who wish to defend the Infernal Machines truly be considered to have your best interests in mind? And what of the Abyss Team?

[Image: slightly-disgruntled_dk1vhu.png]

…I don’t know what you’re playing at, but I definitely trust the Bureau more than you, creep.

If I break any seals… It’ll be because I want to. Because… I want to see magic with my own eyes. Not your game, not the Crimson Eye, and not because you decided to change up your strategy and gaslight us into thinking it's some kind of moral good.

[Image: neutral_oibwqx.png]

...We shall see.

[Image: Night-4_ujiflm.png]

It is now Night 4.

You may submit Night Actions to @Spooks?. You have 48 Hours to submit. The longer you take to submit, the longer the waiting period for results will be. Live with your consequences, and pray your peers feel sympathy.

Your Night Condition for the night is...

[Image: Fog_fkvywm.png]

The area is blanketed in Thick Fog. It is extra difficult to see outside, and any role powers, bond powers, or other abilities granting further eyesight or memory check clarity are disabled in outside areas.

...As the fog rolls in, it is said that people begin to see strange things. Don't believe its lies.

[Image: smugnowand_axnevu.png]

Ah well, enough being ominous for one night. Still... you chumps did flub one, so let's make things more interesting, why don't we?

If you attempt murder, you may either gain one Access Level, or Raise your Access Level to III if you are currently below it.. If you are an Anomaly, committing murder and getting away with it will instantly raise you to RED Threat Level.

Players who do not attempt will have a significantly higher chance of dying the following night.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: n4historic_a3ffri.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: n4grounds_x6omyh.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: n4facility_dir7lm.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: n4weird_dvh77i.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Lita
@Lily
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

[Image: hm_fuhbk9.png]

(Hm. Look at them, all wasting their time talking to each other. This isn’t a social club… Go ahead and chat the night away… It looks like I’m the only one with any initiative here!)

(Well, no matter what the cat’s planning… I can’t let one of Astrid’s little crew beat me to a Seal like the one in the Sleep Lab… Not before I have the chance to…)

[Image: smug_elihxh.png]

(Kyeheheh, Thalassic Seal, here I come!)
Morgan
Calling ALL CAPABLE COMBATANTS for the !!!!VICTORY ROAD TOURNAMENT!!!!

I will be in the Lobby. EARLY. If you can defeat me in fair combat, 1v1, no weapons, I will give you a Prize befitting your title... (also actual prizes)

Patriarch of the Beating Up Morgan Clan.

- Additional Rules and Waivers -

If you try and kill me or kill at the tournament I'm sending you to the Holding Cell.

I will be fucking off after four battles. I have shit to do.

Hustlers Must Attend. (MANDATORY)

Defeat results in Dishonor and Expulsion from your Clan.

If I am not defeated during the tournament, I am announcing to the entire facility who is and isn't a little bitch.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. VICTORY ROAD.
I'll show you a real dance....
Columbo
What was that, Lyra? You might wanna speak up, can barely hear ya mumbling over there.
Alan Wake
Last night's forest venture went... not as well as I had hoped. However, I have a better idea than last night, and one that should really help us explore the forest.

If you want to join me, come to the Patio at some point tonight before I set off, and I'll group us all into safety partners, so we don't all get separated again. I'll pick whoever seems best suited as partners for eachother. A bit like a Valentine's matchmaking event. If you're late - I'll be leaving a paint trail behind me, if all goes according to plan, so you should be able to atleast find myself.

...Bring a flashlight.
Dodo
[Image: ae8e3c59c261ebadb6e47d6edef03ff0a09d402c.gifv]

ATTENTION ALL FACILITY DWELLERS.

IN CELEBRATION OF FIRST CRIMSON BLOOD, I'M HOSTING A GATHERING IN THE AQUATIC SEAL CHAMBER AND--

[Image: dcb3cdab26c56e434d7906a4a04e2a4e1bb2b92d.gifv]

WAIT, I'M GETTING A MEMO FROM THE CAT. APPARENTLY THAT IS AGAINST REGULATIONS.

VERY WELL.

[Image: ae8e3c59c261ebadb6e47d6edef03ff0a09d402c.gifv]

I'M PIVOTING TO HOSTING A CHARITY EVENT INSIDE THE CHAPEL.

FROM, LETS SAY MIDNIGHT ONWARDS, I WILL BE STAGING A PLAYTHROUGH OF THE BELOVED CLASSIC VIDEO GAME, DESIGNATED "METROID: OTHER M". I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A VIDEO GAME BEFORE, BUT I'M TOLD THIS ONE IS QUITE GOOD.

TO ANY HUSTLERS AND PARTY CRASHERS OUT THERE. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT, UNLIKE GATHERINGS OF LESSER CONFIDENCE, I ACTIVELY WELCOME YOUR INTRUSION. IF YOU WISH TO SEE OTHER GAMES PLAYED, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING THEM TO ME, AS LONG AS THEY ARE EQUALLY AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL PLANNED PROGRAM.

[Image: 83a672a3a1fc83d8b618db11a850ce87ac8b6285.gifv]

AND ANOTHER THING.

IF THE HAMMERED MENACE IS IN ATTENDANCE OF THE EVENT, I HEREBY SWEAR AN OATH TO THE STARS THAT I WILL...
I WILL HUG HER TENDERLY, PAT HER ON THE HEAD, AND DECLARE THAT SHE IS "A GOOD GIRL".

[Image: 8aa27584d02c70e8a553791e4440ee792b7d0e0c.gifv]

. . . . . . . .

[Image: 160fac6a6d6c0ffd0aa1b93bdd5cb337e6722b60.gifv]

IF YOU GET DRUNK, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM URINATING INTO THE FONT OF HOLY WATER
OR MATING IN THE CONFESSION BOOTH.

THAT IS ALL.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-sparkly.gif]

Ooooooh, Dodo's playing some video games? I'll definitely be there when I can! Gonna be joining Mr. Wake in the woods first, but when we're done, I'll be there
DxHustler3000
(Hector... is this the path you spoke of?)

[Image: OiIb0cW.png]

(You always told me; to embody success, you must embody the greatest strengths of your greatest enemy. But this? This is... far too much.)

(But to wear the head of such a tenacious businessman... I fear that even I, with my huge wins, cannot garner respect like this man can.)

(Alas. I have been given one more role to play in this charade. If I am true to form, this will surely raise profits.)

(... Oh shit. The curse of transformation... it's too powerful...!)

[Image: YcpWfd4.png]

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

It's-a-me, WARIO, multimillionaire and CEO of WARIOWARE, INC! Wahahahah!

Warioware Incorporated is SPONSORING young Morgan's BEATDOWN SESSION! Winners get a SPECIAL PRIZE!

And yes, HUSTLERS MUST ATTEND! See you later, stinky!! WAHAHAHA!
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Revy
(Feb 15, 2024 at 8:36 AM)Dodo Wrote:

IF YOU GET DRUNK, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM URINATING INTO THE FONT OF HOLY WATER
OR MATING IN THE CONFESSION BOOTH.

THAT IS ALL.

[Image: image.png?ex=65dbdaea&is=65c965ea&hm=23e...height=380]

Isn't that literally what they're for? Whatever sins you do or talk about in there don't matter once you're out of the booth? What a ripoff, religion fucking blows.
Momoyo Himemushi
I don't know where I am.

That's not quite right. Let me start over. I know where I am - a psychological treatment facility. Dr. Crane, my psychiatrist, says I had a nervous breakdown and got picked up off the streets. Someone (who? Nobody's out there) wanted me to get clean, so they sent me here. He says I'm making good progress. Of course he does, I'm not mad.

I know what madness looks like, so I know I can't be mad.

But why does it say 2028? I haven't looked in a mirror. I'm going to see a middle-aged man, burnt out from years of life, older but no wiser, the same Johnny Truant who's looked in a mirror twenty years ago. Or I'm going to see myself at the same age I was, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Dr. Crane says there's a Killing Game in the facility and I should just stay out of the way. I've heard of Killing Games. Lude liked to brag about how he was in a Killing Game once. He always told the story the same way, he'd act it out and play it up when he did. Told me and Thumper and anyone who would listen for more than three minutes that he'd been locked in a house with seventeen other people, that he'd killed one of them on the fourth night and gotten away with it, and then when the others all killed each other off at the end he'd shot the last one and walked out last man standing.

I always thought it was typical Lude bullshit, but now I'm not so sure.

For some reason Dr. Crane doesn't mention the centipedes. They keep emerging in my room. They burrow up through the ground or crawl through the window, but they never come close to me. They just spiral on the walls, endless spirals that grab my eyes and make me look into those spirals. Crawling and crawling. I think I saw some centipedes in the last thing I remember. I opened the trunk of my car to grab the guns, and there were these centipedes all over them. I reached in to grab the guns and scare off the centipedes, but I tripped and fell into the trunk, and it seemed to open like a yawning abyss as I fell further and further, spiraling into it like the coiling on the wall. Then I woke up here with Dr. Crane talking to me.

Except that's not what happened. I hit my head and fell out of the trunk, and as I sat there with my ass in the dirt more centipedes crawled and crawled and crawled to the car. They crawled over and around and on top of each other, and then they were a woman, with long silver-blue hair. She stepped forward and talked to me in a voice that was a thousand voices and asked me to do a task, and I agreed. I don't think I could do anything but agree. She become one centipede that grew larger and large as it coiled around me, and it blocked out the car, the ground, the horizon, the sun itself, all that was in this world was the centipede. I tried to scream.

Then I woke up here.

I think I need to talk to Dr. Crane again. Confirm with him I'm okay. He's a quack, but he's a good doc. I'll give him that.

-J. Truant
Indiana Jones (Old)
Didn't you die?
Pea
(Feb 15, 2024 at 2:55 PM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Didn't you die?

it's a fucking ghost!!!!!!! again!!!!!!!!!!! they keep coming and i hate it!
Phenera
(Feb 15, 2024 at 7:19 AM)Morgan Wrote: I will be in the Lobby. EARLY. If you can defeat me in fair combat, 1v1, no weapons, I will give you a Prize befitting your title... (also actual prizes)

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseBaseQuizzical_ietwdo.png]

The Bureau... Dodo... Dr. Lyra... Spooks... *Mute... Who has our best interests in mind and who wants to use us... All of this at once is making it so difficult to keep up...

All this time, we've been following orders... but how do we know who wants the best for us - for the ones they've called Anomalies - and who we should listen to?

Maybe... Maybe following orders can only get us so far. Completing assignments and catering meetings can't tell us what's right or wrong.

What we need is more information! It's time to draw our own conclusions! It's time to launch our own investigation! These skills we've acquired don't only have to be used in service of the Bureau!

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseUpdatedAngry_yxkiuz.png]

A Bureau that's right, a Bureau that's in need of fixing, a Bureau that's rotten to the core... Whatever we're facing, there's still danger all over...

At a time like this, a fighting tournament's just irresponsible!

Agent Morgan! If you think Anomalies are so dangerous they have to be locked up, how can you be hosting fights when at least two Anomalies are loose in the facility? It's not right at all!

To know who can be trusted... We need to know the way someone like you thinks! So we'll accept a fight! Leave the Containment Devices out of it, and we'll come up for a fair fight with you!
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Ciel
I will be showcasing my latest advancement in software entertainment at dodo's meticulously planned function tonight. I hope you all enjoy interactive raising simulation games! You like stuff like tamagotchi or chao garden, right? Just think of those but more... interactive!
Dodo
RESEARCH TEAM DORMITORIES - CA. 19:45

[Image: c7aa0e169c668d25d5ed90a6cd50539ec3b7092a.pnj]

( . . . )

...I CAN'T SAY I'M PARTICULARLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE OCCASION EITHER.
BUT THE WHIMS OF FATE HAVE DECREED IT IS A NECESSITY. I AM BOUND BY THEIR FICKLE DESIRE.

[Image: 5b0d60dd057febe94272eda3793787df510db73c.pnj]

I WOULD NOT BE OFFENDED IF YOU DID NOT WISH TO PARTAKE. YOU ARE A FREE ENTITY.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.
YOUR STRENGTH IS FORMIDABLE, BUT IF YOU HAVE NEED OF ME, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL UPON ME.

MAY FORTUNE FAVOR YOU UPON THIS EVE.

. . . . . . . .

[Image: 8d9bd23a04b138affe58207be518328bb4ed10c1.pnj]

. . . . . . . .

Look at you, all serious and driven. It's like watching a toddler play businessman.

. . . . . . . .

You won't be able to save him, you know?

I can and I will. He can see the light; I just need more time with him.

"See the light"? What do you think you are? Some kind of messiah?

So sanctimonious, ha ha. Maybe the computer and the drunk woman had the right of it.
You're not doing this to help anybody. You're doing it for yourself. You get off on the power, don't you? Snuffing out lives makes you feel like you're in control of your directionless existence for once.

I am NOT a hedonistic wretch like you! I have principles!
I am the hand of justice who will bring the flames of hope and liberation to my brethren!

My god, I am just in awe of how apt your warped little mind is at rewriting itself to fit your self-aggrandizing narrative.

You act proud because your actions lead to the demise of an enemy operative, but did you REALLY have a hand in that? You told them you disposed of a dangerous menace, but seem eager to forget your actual target was a harmless school girl whose only crime was to disagree with you on something. And then when the time for justice came, you initially voted for the drunk one, and only switched to the traitor once you panicked and didn't want to tie the vote.

That was cute, by the way. Seeing you all flustered like a headless chicken.
Brought back some funny memories of our time back then.

I AM NOT YOU! I've risen above your filthy example!
Your influence on me ended when I killed you and saved myself.

Ha! That is precious! You think you saved yourself?
Yes, you killed me, and then moved away. But you've only managed to distance yourself physically.
In your mind, you're still wearing the harness. You will NEVER be safe.

You are not real! You are a voice of the past that I have dealt with a long time ago!

Oh Dodo...
Poor lost, impressionable Dodo...

I am very real.

[Image: 81f1e4c450ec1e322a9c9be4e6f1564e3e3c0dff.gifv]

And I will never not be real.

I will be with you for as long as your wicked little heart is beating...

Here to watch you fail over and over again at everything you do...

Until the day you break and crumble to dust.

My little Dodo.

My stupid, useless, embarrassing little baby bir--.

[Image: 6c336ed28573f2190c2337f6c57826716efe4805.gifv]

BE QUIET, HARLOT!

[Image: 64b3f632d7132b8ef56a65b63e9ca0c5dfd5e8c3.gifv]

I CAN SAVE HIM! I CAN SAVE ALL OF THEM!
I AM THE RIGHT HAND OF A JUST AND VENGEFUL GOD!
I WILL KILL YOU ALL OVER AGAIN IF IT MEANS FULFILLING MY DIRECTIVE!

AND NEITHER YOU NOR THE CRIMSON EYE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP MY RIGHTEOUS FURY!

[Image: cc4cb96deb8149920e7051e80714b652b7164440.pnj]

. . . . . . . .

Go ahead you lunk.

And do yet another inconceivably stupid thing that will ruin everything.
Dodo
"THE PRICE HE ASKS FOR ENTRY TO HELL IS LESS STEEP FOR THE ONE WHO STANDS WITH ONE FOOT IN ITS GATE."

. . . . . . . .

THIS WILL SURELY INCUR MY EMPLOYER'S WRATH, BUT I CARE NOT.
IF THEY WERE CONCERNED WITH SUBTLETY THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE SENT AN 8 FOOT TALL BLACKBIRD.

[Image: dcb3cdab26c56e434d7906a4a04e2a4e1bb2b92d.gifv]

ATTENTION ALL FACILITY DWELLERS.

ONE OF THE CRIMSON INTERLOPERS LIES DEAD BEFORE US. HUZZAH.
I THEREFORE DEEM THIS TIME APPROPRIATE TO END MY SKULKING IN ANONYMITY.

[Image: f04772811089e62a6d4cb1a33608bf2060ff0768.gifv]

YOU KNOW ME AS MR. DODO.
YOUR BELOVED AND CUDDLY AVIAN FRIEND AND MURDERER.

[Image: ed173540201f3a11863f27da07c6f164fefefdc4.gifv]

[Image: 5e599b4d7e93e45686219eb15051eec9a6c16019.pnj]

BUT I AM ALSO SOTHOTH. A DEEP-COVER OPERATIVE OF TEAM ABYSS.

THE BUREAU OF PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION HAS TASKED ME WITH THE ERADICATION OF THE CRIMSON EYE MENACE CURRENTLY DWELLING WITHIN THIS DEN OF HOMOMORPHIC REVELRY.

I HEREBY CALL UPON YOU WHO SHARE MY ALIGNMENT. I IMPLORE YOU TO CONTACT ME VIA THE FACILITY'S PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM.

TO VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR IDENTITY, YOU WILL NEED TO ADD A DESCRIPTION OF THE SPECIFIC ATROCITY INFLICTED UPON YOU BY THE BUREAU BEFORE THEY SHIPPED YOU HERE, AS WELL AS THE FIRST SYLLABLE OF THE NAME OF THE EMERGENCY PROTOCOL PUT IN PLACE TO SUPPORT OUR TASK. YOU DO NOT NEED TO INCLUDE MORE THAN THAT.

THIS IS NOT A PLOY TO PRY INFORMATION FROM YOU. I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THOSE QUESTIONS, AND I TRUST YOU TO FIGURE OUT THAT I WOULDN'T KNOW THIS INFORMATION EXISTS AND IS AVAILABLE TO YOU UNLESS I AM WHO I CLAIM TO BE.

[Image: d1a73b64e90a6db9af50c1aa290245c7f12b0934.gifv]

I HEREBY DISCARD MY FEAR OF EXPOSURE. COLLABORATION FURTHERS MUTUAL GOALS.

[Image: bfc88e6cf14c15daa30a127981f58119be6e21aa.gifv]

THAT IS ALL. GOOD NIGHT.
Indiana Jones (Old)
Seriously? I don't trust that for a second. What a joke.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]

Woah! What a plot twist! I wouldn't have guessed that at all

Actually wait what does that change for any of us? Uh, good luck stopping the crimbos, honestly.

[Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

If you're telling the truth, then I'm willing to help even without being Abyss team
Dodo

TO THE LADY OR GENT WHO INTERACTED WITH ME SO CHARMINGLY AND ANONYMOUSLY YESTERDAY.

I BELIEVE YOUR SET OF SKILLS WOULD BE A GREAT ASSET TO THE EXTERMINATION OF CRIMSON EYE OPERATIVES.

I AM OPEN TO THE IDEA OF COLLABORATION. I AM EVEN WILLING TO MAINTAIN THE ANONYMITY YOU APPEAR FOND OF.
SHOULD YOU DEEM THE RESULTS OF OUR EXCHANGE SATISFACTORY, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

[Image: 7d17428cd575a8c85e04deee0568aeb409e6f62a.gifv]

DO NOT BE A STRANGER.
Kright
[Image: 8bb8b7aed9d96f264ec117c6e96ca473a9cd758b.pnj]
DxHustler3000
[Image: jOENHWN.png]

One or two days ago, on the hilltops of a faraway country...

[Image: QbacGqu.png]

[Image: do4J5mS.png]

[Image: ch00SCs.png]

A man's hike is interrupted.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.