Spooks?

[Image: neutral_oibwqx.png]

And so, the Thalassic Seal falls.. It seems that in spite of your solidarity during the day, there are those among you rightfully seeking to seize your own freedom. I thank you, those who dedicate themselves to the cause.

The rest of you, those who sought to defend the Seal… How funny it is, to think you stand a chance against the inevitable reality of our world. Your tenacity is admirable, yet your efforts will lead to further endangerment and suffering as I am forced to tighten the vice around your throats.

[Image: tilt_x8g9mu.png]

My goals may be self-serving, but you have chosen to trade one sin for another - one that will not guarantee your freedom. A pity.

On this subject… One among you has shown even further complacency than the rest, and fate has chosen to bless us with their death as well. How serendipitous.

[Image: smug_pfievb.png]

Well, you know what that means! It’s time for a surprise Double Murder!

music:

[Image: Day4-Death_gouhsd.png]

@Lily has been found dead in the boathouse, lying in a pool of blood.

Her role was...

role card:

@Jack of Spades has also been found dead on the shores of Mirror Lake.

Her role was...

role card:

[Image: day4_maxndj.png]

[Image: bg1_mz8dvp.png]

Yet another Interloper has perished, a second within only mere days! They march towards their inevitable demise like cattle to the slaughter - and I shall wield the cleaver that severs flesh from bone! Hear me, Crimson-Eyed fiends that yet remain upon this earth! I hath been granted the honorable title of “event security” - they cannot hope to compare now.

I'm glad we're another Crimson Eye down too, but... The Thalassic Seal… Even if their numbers are running thin, one of them might have a little secret, just like the little blue-haired girl. Plus! I saw an Ogre last night! A nasty thing, certainly not what I expected in the Chem Lab...

[Image: bg2_zsopil.png]

Besides~ you're being a bit dramatic for someone who played security guard all night. You kick any Crimson Eyes out of Morgan's silly little fight club?

Perhaps I did. Perhaps I did not. As if those cowards would dare show their faces in the fields of glorious combat… Even the greatest of hunters struggles to slay a cowardly beast that lurks within the darkest corners…

[Image: uhh_gfhgnc.png]

It is true, I have detected that the Thalassic Seal has been disabled. However, I do not detect any notable changes as a result of the seal’s breakage. While it may result in increased activity from the Anomalous entities referred to as “Wraiths”, it is unlikely to cause any long term changes.

Power, additionally, has been restored to the Aquatic Lab area with the disabling of the seal and the Service Elevator appears to have been enabled. I understand that even with the Crimson Eye having lost another member, both of these things only have a 23.4% chance of serving as a form of comfort, however…

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

With the help of many of our agents, I have also repaired the Shuttle! Now you may once again safely travel across the Shuttle Line! You are welcome for the assistance.

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Safely? You fixed the Shuttle to keep people safe from… getting hit by the Shuttle? Wow, we’ve got a real paragon of forethought here. How about you use your amazing future sight to tell us who the killer is?

Well… I guess it’s faster than walking my ass over to the Lounge, not that it matters anyway now that that cheating ass Dodo jacked the TV…Whatever. While the rest of you were fucking around with the shuttle or some tournament, I was out there - boots on the ground - conducting a real investigation.

[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

Yeah, I was doing work out there, and when I show you what I found, you’re gonna believe that I can back up my hype - and you’re gonna finally admit that I’m the shit. Just to let you know in advance, I’ll be giving autographs while supplies last, and-

[Image: fucker_pydgal.png]

...No one’s going to want your autograph, we have real detectives here. Your investigations can… wait. There’s… something more important going on… I went back to the Observatory at the end of the night and…

[Image: wow_stplhi.png]

There’s… another seal.

Case Files:
  • Lily is lying in the Boathouse, slumped over the desk in a pool of blood.
  • She appears to have been stabbed.
  • Jack of Spades is lying on the beach, covered in red welts.
  • She also appears to have been stabbed.
  • Two punctured rafts have washed up on shore as well.
  • There is a TV and fridge in the Lounge
  • A trench has been dug across the Facility Grounds from the lake to the mines, making a makeshift river.
  • The mines are filled with knee-high water, and the Crusher has stopped functioning.
  • The Aquatic Lab is scorched, it seems like there was a fire here.
  • The desk in the Archaeologist’s Office has been smashed apart.

Other Info:
  • Lily was AFK and was controlled by mysterious forces...
  • The Lab Zero door has been unlocked
  • The Shuttle has been repaired.
  • The Thalassic Seal has been opened.
  • The Service Elevator is now functional.
  • One of the locked doors in the Mine Shaft has been blown open by an explosion.
  • There is a hole blasted in the side of the Shuttle Line.
  • A glowing, purple door has appeared in the Observatory.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: n4historic_hsas4o.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: n4grounds_r6wvmw.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: n4facility_sts5df.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Lita
@Maximillion Pegasus
@Pea
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Bradimir Votvodk
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 4 begins now.

Day 4 will end on Sunday, March 3rd at 6 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin tomorrow afternoon, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for both murders, you will receive a permanent buff to your role...

As the Thalassic Seal has been broken, two extra Wraiths will be allowed to cast their lot.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Excuse the interruption once again, but, my algorithms detect that we are one short on our headcount - disregarding the two deceased individuals.

Where is [AGENT DESIGNATION - DR. LYRA ORPHEUS]?
Columbo
Well, I hope nobody will get upset if I do my job. I don't think that cat will accept "suicide" for being Crimson Eye.
Look over the bodies, check out their wounds, go through their clothes. And thorough checks of both their rooms, and the places they died in.
Especially Jack. Signs of the body being moved?
Morgan
Casting two investigations before I go disappear for 16 hours, what's the status of both of the corpses? Any visible wounding?
I'll show you a real dance....
Bradimir Votvodk
Do the red welts match those done by the tentacles?
Lita
Since the corpses are pretty well covered I want to look at the two rafts and the lake trench. Anything interesting going on there?
Tinkaton
Tinkaton checks out the Aquatic Lab and Archeologist's Office.
Izumi Konata
Astrid, do you want the honors of opening the door in the Observatory?
Columbo
Oh, and as a minor distraction, where does the Service Elevator lead to now that it's working?
Izumi Konata
Oh, I'm gonna investigate the wounds and see if I can ascertain the sort of weapon that might have done the stab
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Surely they've noticed the unnatural movements under its skin.
The soulless look in its eyes.
The unsettling and unnatural imitation of human behaviors, an act it was capable of performing much more convincingly, but of course, that isn't quite as fun.

But now, it is time to reveal itself.
Time to begin shedding the skin that allowed it to escape that dreadful facility where its brethren were bred and studied.
It would not suffer their fate. It will not allow itself to be a tool for war sold to the highest bidder.

What fools they were to think they could contain them.
A species designed to be able to perfectly mimic a human host.
They didn't even notice it was gone until it was a full continent away.

The thing that lives beneath the flesh of "Jonsohn Smithy" is ready.
Ready to use its strengths to aid and protect those it has come to consider friends and allies.
Columbo
And while I'm at it, how about we skip some of the fuss and start comparing the common knives? Kitchen knives, box cutters, scalpels, get a real feel for the wounds.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: happy.png]

Ooh, ooh! I want an autograph!

More pertinently, may we check if Jack has any of those devices on her body?
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I woke up and worked my way through the fog towards the mines.
- Along the way Pea charged at me with a mallet. Once he saw me pull out my whip it was enough to scare him off.
-I entered the mines. Pegasus was in the crusher room. Bradimir was making his way to the crystal cave.
- Next I went to the explosive storage room. I rearranged the explosives to blow the hinges off the door. While doing so I found Liz's corpse.
- I lit the fuse and ran out of the mines to safety. While doing so I noticed Pegasus wasn't by the crusher anymore.
-Outside, I see Konata making her way up the mountain path. I follow a bit and then head toward the hole.
- I climb down the rope into the hole and find myself back in the explosive storage room. The plan worked, the hinges for the door had been blown off.
- I make my way into the depths of the mines.
- There is a mining elevator made out of steal and encased in a metal cage. I try to use it but the screen on it reads "FUCK OFF UNTIL YOU DISABLE THE TELLURIC SEAL"
- I shrug and leave. On my way out I get swept off my feet by rushing water.
- It knocks me into an explosives crate and KO's me, ending my night.
Tinkaton
Tinkaton will also present the file she dug out last night, but it can wait however long since it's not relevant to the case.
Columbo
You know, I haven't personally testified this much in a long time. Don't usually get this personal with cases.

Amendment: My first action of the night was to wake up Jack. I didn't realize she was Crimson Eye, I was just having her study anomalies for me. Some black bodysuit weirdo was hovering over her while she slept and I chased 'em out. We left as soon as she was finished studying.

Jack was up when I got up, by the way. She went off into the Lobby and I went to go up the Patio stairs. Alan Wake was up on the Patio with his... seal? My notes say that's his manager, Barry. Ciel was there too, don't think I forgot ya.

Got plans to follow a few of my leads tonight, but that fog's real thick as the kids say. Must've took a wrong turn, because I bumped into Nancy in the Arboretum. And another wrong turn, 'cause I ended up in the woods! Found some sorta paper in there, though, so it wasn't a total loss. Saw little Tinkaton roamin' around in there too, I think. Anyway, I bumped into ol' Alan Wake and his manager again, and we ended up leaving the woods as a big group.

Nothing much after that. Giffany was on the Patio when we left the woods, Alan left to let his manager play in the Fountain, and I hiked up to the Observatory again. Went on a nice walk with Astrid. Alan Wake was still by the Fountain while we were walking. Oh, and Miss Konata was at the Observatory when I got there, if you were wondering.

Amendment 2: One more thing, I meet up with Spooks as my last action of the night, where he said we were. Didn't think it was important.
Columbo
Let me show off that paper I found in the woods. Not relevant to anything, it's just neat.
Spooks?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:11 AM)Morgan Wrote: Casting two investigations before I go disappear for 16 hours, what's the status of both of the corpses? Any visible wounding?
(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:11 AM)Columbo Wrote: Well, I hope nobody will get upset if I do my job. I don't think that cat will accept "suicide" for being Crimson Eye.
Look over the bodies, check out their wounds, go through their clothes. And thorough checks of both their rooms, and the places they died in.
Especially Jack. Signs of the body being moved?
You inspect their bodies.

Lily does not appear to have any further wounds beyond a large, jagged, abnormally shaped puncture wound in her chest and a smaller stab wound in her thigh. She and the Boathouse in general are drenched in blood, more than the wound would normally leave, you think. She has nothing in her inventory currently.

Jack of Spades has a single stab wound in her side, though it doesn't appear nearly as odd as the other one. Her body is discolored and slightly bloated, and violent red welts cover her body, causing additional damage as the venom of the lake creature ate away at her tissue. In her pockets are four small... creatures? You don't really know what they are, but they appear dormant. You may examine them in closer detail if you wish.

You head for the Survey Dorms to look at Lily's stuff, while Morgan heads to Jack's room.

Lily's room seems to contain, inexplicably, a quantity of gold and jewels, as well as a gas can filled with gasoline. Morgan finds nothing of value in Jack's room.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:13 AM)Bradimir Votvodk Wrote: Do the red welts match those done by the tentacles?
You wince upon seeing Jack of Spades' body. It reminds you of your own pain from days ago. They appear very similar to other wounds caused by the monster, although significantly more severe.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:14 AM)Lita Wrote: Since the corpses are pretty well covered I want to look at the two rafts and the lake trench. Anything interesting going on there?
You inspect the two rafts. Both of them appear to have been deflated via a puncture, though the puncture on one is significantly more jagged and inconsistent than the other.

The lake trench is about how it sounds. A deep trench dug from the lake to the entrance of the mines, currently funneling water inside across the yard.

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

Please remind me to construct a bridge to allow for safe crossing. This could potentially serve as a drowning hazard.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:16 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton checks out the Aquatic Lab and Archeologist's Office.
You check out the Aquatic Lab. It appears as though a fire has spread through the lab and heavily damaged most of it. The fishtanks have been boiled, and the aquatic life inside is all dead. It's a pity. There's no signs of anything else of note in here though, besides a broken bottle of vodka near the seal room door.

You then check out the Archaologist's Office. A large, round dent is smashed into the desk, and the formerly locked drawer is now busted open as a result of the force.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:37 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Oh, I'm gonna investigate the wounds and see if I can ascertain the sort of weapon that might have done the stab
(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:54 AM)Columbo Wrote: And while I'm at it, how about we skip some of the fuss and start comparing the common knives? Kitchen knives, box cutters, scalpels, get a real feel for the wounds.
Columbo and Konata both examine the wounds, comparing them to common knives. Columbo examines Lily's chest wound first, but determines that the wound is far too large, thick, and oddly shaped to be caused by any of those knives, or even a knife in general. The wound in her leg is something that you don't think would be deadly at all, but it looks to be made by a curved blade of some sort.

Konata looks at Jack of Spades, and determines pretty easily by comparison that a common kitchen knife could have caused the problem.

(Mar 2, 2024 at 2:58 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: happy.png]

Ooh, ooh! I want an autograph!

More pertinently, may we check if Jack has any of those devices on her body?
[Image: 04_dex-_3_uijyat.png]

See? I knew I was popular. Tell you what, first one's free. It's on the house.

You bend down next to Jack's body and examine the devices in more detail. They look like little homunculi, and they appear to be dormant, but not dead. These guys could probably be used in the future, you think.

Each one has the same basic shape, but appears a bit different...

[Image: image_2024-03-01_215250744_jfvm0v.png]
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Dead.png]

Good morning everyone, I'm so sleeeeeepy...

Uh, right, need to get my testimony out there, gosh... I did so much, but I didn't really see the murders happen, unfortunately. I did uncover the door in the Observatory though! Which might not be what we want anymore, but it feels good to do some investigation and uncovering secrets! I mean, that's part of why people play video games. Kinda feels like one, like Biohazard! Wait, no, it's called Resident Evil in English, yeah, it reminds me of that!

Wait, I'm rambling, uh, lemme actually start!

I'm pretty sure I woke up last tonight, tho, so there's prolly a lot of stuff that happened before then. When I came to, I got a look at what the page on the Traveler's Lantern said in full (and then told the contents to Ciel, so she can tell you guys what it said), and then went upstairs through the leisure center stairs and up to the patio, where I met up with Mr. Wake, Revy, and Ciel. There was also a seal with them, with a nametag that said Barry. It was really cute, and Mr. Wake was really protective of it, also really cute!

Afterwards... Wario (which I think is Hustler?) came in through the fog...

[Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

He (they?) was being really annoying, and gave everyone dynamite, except for me! And then he (they) shoulder checked me. Gosh, what's wrong with him (them)...

Well, whatever, after Wario left, we started our trek though the forest, with Revy and Ciel going together, and Alan, Barry and I together! I'll leave most of the adventure description to Mr. Wake, cuz he knew where we were going, but I did get separated from him after a while...

[Image: Konata-Embarrassed.png]

Turns out I'm not strong enough to fire an elephant gun without being rocketed real far back, and I lost sight of Mr. Wake, teehee...

After I got separated, I ran into who... I think is supposed to be the Lantern Man from those newspapers, who turned out to be really nice and friendly, by the way! He realized I was lost and showed me the way back to the Facility Grounds, and I followed along.

I went along towards the Observatory next, cuz I wanted to see if Astrid wanted to help me solve the mysteries of this place, but hey, she was already doing her own thing, so I left her to it. She did give me an audio log tho, so I can play that soon. Columbo also came in after Astrid and I were done talking, and she and him left.

[Image: Konata-Thumbs-Up.png]

Long story short, I did some stuff with the telescope and revealed the new door in the Observatory! Konata, two for three on seals found. I'm amazing at this~

But, well, I can't do anything with the seals anymore, and it'd be nice to make it an event for everyone, so I didn't open the door and left the Observatory soon afterwards, and left to go check out the WV Archives, and found another audio log I'll let everyone listen to as well.

[Image: Konata-Sweat.png]

And then my night ended, cuz I went to the Liturgical Study, and it turned out that the room was replaced by library, and I couldn't leave before getting too sleepy, and falling asleep. I wrote down my dream in my dream journal again, so here it is. That's about all, tho, so let's try and solve these murders

Quote:XX/XX/2028

Dear journal
Second night with the seal, second dream. This one was kinda scary tho...

I fell asleep in the weird infinite library thing that Dodo claims he makes, tho, so maybe that's why it was scary

Anyway, I woke up in like, one of those high-tech labs around the Bureau, with a bunch equipment all around and a computer, but this one had a window overlooking a giant cavern with a bunch of super old looking buildings, with those red pipes you see near the de-activated seals running all over the buildings, going to one point in there.

But before I could do anything with the computer, a door opened, and... I think it was an aberration, the monstrous looking guys from the mines drawing, with the abyss team logo coat came in, talking about how the Thalassic seal was broken, and then it spotted me and stopped. It said something about how I didn't belong there, and knew we were in the dream apparently, and then it did something weird that completely destroyed the dream. Two wings that look like they're made from broken light appeared out of its back and then the dream was gone...

All in all, kinda freaky...

Non-RP Account:
Izumi Konata
Let everyone listen to the two audio logs I got.
Lita
Can I compare the wound on Lily's chest to the puncture wound in the side of the raft? Are they the same kind of jagged?