Spooks?
music:

[Image: cheshold_scmzmv.png]

I… don’t understand. The seal, I should’ve been able to… I mean… I’m not magical, I know that much. My whole life, I’ve wanted to see the kind of magic they talk about in stories, but I’ve never been able to… actually… you know… do anything.

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png]

Besides, I’ve never even… touched one of these stupid things before. It must’ve made a mistake, I don’t have any like, powers or anything…

I just… don’t know how this could be…

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha, only you could find a way to complain about a revelation like this. I doubt you possess any level of Anomalous qualities though. Maybe the seal just rejected you for being too dense! I’d be surprised, after all, if you could hold any degree of Esotera in that empty head of yours.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

You spent your whole life staring at the stars, and you haven't even seen a fraction of the fathomless eternity just waiting out there... Kyeh heh… Typical!

Look on the bright side though, maybe you DO have powers - they’re just useless, just like the wielder!

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

I advise against listening to her, the foundations of her criticisms have been given a rating of [UNSUBSTANTIATED AT BEST]

My database does not indicate any reason as to why the device labeled the Stellaric Seal did not accept you as a potential host, however with the increased levels of mental instability demonstrated by [AGENT DESIGNATION - DR. LYRA ORPHEUS] after synchronization, it is possible that this may be a positive outcome in comparison.

I am glad that you are not insane. And that your eyes are not categorized as "creepy" by my facial recognition software.

[Image: aw_uiy7ny.png]

Well… Thanks, Spooks. I… just wish I had answers, that’s all. Don’t worry about me. I already don’t listen to Lyra, creepy eyes or not. If there’s any reason for the seal’s rejection… that’s just another mystery to solve.

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

Tch, plenty of those already. If you ask me, it can get in line, right behind the fucking underground city, yeah - don’t think I forgot about that. Besides, there’s the other seals too...

Then again, there’s already one just sitting there, wide open for the taking…

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Whoa, hey! Don’t look at me like that! I’m not touching that shit. Don’t want it, nope. Got too much going on to go wading through a buncha nasty-ass mine water. Besides, there's two dumbasses in the area already anyway. Talk about a crapshoot, yeah good luck getting there before them.

Oh yeah, and don't think I forgot about you for a second! That's right, Riki, motherfucker! You still owe me a chat, and you’d better come alone, too! I’m not stupid enough to fall into a trap and get ganked by your other Crimson Eye goons.

[Image: duo1_torlyw.png]

Hehe, you’re sure convinced that that little guy is hiding something, huh? I’m not so sure, after all, he’s been pretty anti-seal, right? Oooh, unless that’s part of the plan. Reverse psychology! It’d be just like that cute show Konata was watching

The interlopers’ numbers dwindle, they would be foolish to reveal themselves in such a way, not when the others are not intent on playing about with the fell magicks regardless. No, I sense they shall keep distance, unaffiliated and shrouded in the shadows of doubt.

Yet… the Telluric Seal may sing a siren song. Like wayward prey into a trap, they will pursue the seal. And then… I shall strike them down and tear their black hearts from their chests, beating and bloodied, thick with the ichor of si-

[Image: duo3_ogxq9s.png]

I... don't recommend that. You don’t want to go into those flooded old mines, 23 tonight. The forecast says there’s supposed to be a cold snap, and we don’t want you freezing into another block of ice, do we?

…Yes... I… Suppose not…

[Image: night5_lzbty2.png]

It is now Night 5.

You may submit Night Actions to @Spooks?. You have 48 Hours to submit. The longer you take to submit, the longer the waiting period for results will be. Live with your consequences, and pray your peers feel sympathy.

Your Night Condition for the night is...

[Image: coldsnap_smlfcz.png]

The Whisper Valley region is currently undergoing an unexpected cold snap. The River and Mirror Lake will both be frozen over, and will pose a severe slipping risk to anyone passing by them unprepared. Additionally, being KO’d outdoors can cause death via exposure, and will count as an attempt on behalf of the assailant..

[Image: tiltright_jnufn9.png]

Your freedom stands before you. We are on a precipice, soon over half of the seals will have crumbled before your collective wills. I am certain those fallen among you would voice their appreciation if they were able. More will join them soon in oblivion, however. It is time for your Incentive - extra punishing this time. You have earned it.

If you do not attempt murder, you will be given two random Curses the following night. These curses cannot be cleared by any role power, item, or bond power, and are permanent until you attempt again. The next time you attempt, these Curses will be cleared at the beginning of the night you attempt.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: historical_klrboe.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: facility-grounds_ertrms.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: facility_pwulbx.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: depths_sbmpch.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Revy
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Lita
@Pea
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Jack of Spades
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

My sensors dictate that most individuals have finished speaking. According to the Employee Handbook (pg.12), this is now the ideal time to make an announcement.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Hello, residents of the Central Facility! I am Spooks, the Magical Cat™!

In order to preserve the Facility’s safety, I have analyzed the new [AREA DESIGNATION - “RIVER”] and have concluded that it would be best to construct a few bridges to allow for safe traversal of the area.

I will be constructing two bridges over the course of the evening, one near the [AREA DESIGNATION - ARBORETUM], and one near the [AREA DESIGNATION - SURVEY DORMS]. The low-temperature conditions will allow for safer building, as there is no risk of falling into the water.

[Image: Sorry_nvwh2i.png]

Please feel free to assist! All volunteers are welcome, and one reward (or additional vacation day if requested) will be offered to all involved individuals. Thank you!
Pea
will the bridge be made of glass
Dodo
(Mar 8, 2024 at 6:14 AM)Spooks? Wrote:
[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha, only you could find a way to complain about a revelation like this. I doubt you possess any level of Anomalous qualities though. Maybe the seal just rejected you for being too dense! I’d be surprised, after all, if you could hold any degree of Esotera in that empty head of yours.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

You spent your whole life staring at the stars, and you haven't even seen a fraction of the fathomless eternity just waiting out there... Kyeh heh… Typical!

Look on the bright side though, maybe you DO have powers - they’re just useless, just like the wielder!

[Image: 9bbedeec2be17b8bc389b1dd496710e58653a563.gifv]

WHILE I AM LISTENING TO THIS UNPROVOKED ONSLAUGHT OF VERBAL ABUSE.
REMIND ME AGAIN WHY YOU PEOPLE WERE CRAWLING UP MY ASS EARLIER WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO GO AFTER THIS ABRASIVE PERSON.

ASTRID HUMAN. I AM A CALLOUS, BLACK-HEARTED MURDERER WHOM YOU HAVE NEVER MET.
YET EVEN AS SUCH, I FEEL INCLINED TO OFFER MY CONDOLENCES ON BEHALF OF THE FACT THAT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT YOUR WELL-BEING.

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD RE-EVALUATE WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: smug.png]

I think they were crawling up Brad's arse, actually!

[Image: angy.png]

And Dr. Orpheus might be a bit too far up her own, methinks. That bottomless wellspring of knowledge hasn't taught you a lick of tact, has it? Well done, you've sunken lower than any anchor.
Izumi Konata
[Image: Konata-Exasperated.png]

Honestly just... not worth responding to her... I don't think she'd listen at all...
Columbo
(Mar 8, 2024 at 6:38 AM)Dodo Wrote:
ASTRID HUMAN. I AM A CALLOUS, BLACK-HEARTED MURDERER WHOM YOU HAVE NEVER MET.
YET EVEN AS SUCH, I FEEL INCLINED TO OFFER MY CONDOLENCES ON BEHALF OF THE FACT THAT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT YOUR WELL-BEING.
Well, that's uncalled for. I certainly care.
Dodo
[Image: 848540e1b268a8c6c12d2cfc163c6f130c018ec3.gifv]

YOU ARE A CAPABLE MAN WHO USES HIS SPEECH WISELY, DETECTIVE MAN. I RESPECT THAT.
BUT I HAVE SEEN THE EXTENT OF HOW FAR WORDS WILL CARRY ANYONE.

I WOULD NOT SUFFER MY WARD BEING ABUSED LIKE THIS. IT WOULD EAT ME TO LET IT STAND.

IF THERE WERE TRUE EMPATHY, IT WOULD FIND A WAY TO BEGET SILENCE.
YET HERE THE DOCTOR STANDS. STILL SINGING HER SONG OF HUMILIATION.

I CAN DRAW BUT ONE CONCLUSION:
THE STAR GIRL STANDS ALONE RIGHT NOW.

I INVITE YOU TO MEDITATE UPON THAT.
Izumi Konata
Sounds like pretty words, but it's not like you've done much more than preach about about her, y'know... Despite everything you know she's done to anomalies...

But well, when the only people you can target are high school girls...

[Image: Konata-Uninterested.png]
Well, it's fine really, *Mute was prolly right about you being a bit self-righteous...
Dodo
(Mar 8, 2024 at 9:37 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: it's not like you've done much more than preach about about her, y'know... Despite everything you know she's done to anomalies...

[Image: c593420b94736549a88b876210f21f59475b4679.gifv]

I AM DOING SOMETHING ABOUT HER.

EVERY MINUTE I SPENT IN THIS FACILITY, I HAVE BEEN AND WILL BE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT HER.

WHY DO YOU THINK I TOOK THIS MISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE BUREAU AT ALL?

[Image: 4c5832645076068294ed053327abb65622329ed7.gifv]

IT IS BECAUSE THE ABYSS TEAM LEADERSHIP HAS PROMISED ME.

IF I DO WHAT THEY SAY AND HELP WEED OUT THE CRIMSON EYE GOONS THEY HATE SO MUCH, THEY ARE GIVING ME CLEARANCE TO TERMINATE EVERY UNSCRUPULOUS BUTCHER POSING AS A SCIENTIST IN THIS RAT-INFESTED ORGANIZATION. AND BELIEVE ME, THAT ONE'S NECK WILL BE ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK.

EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER CUT OFF AN ANOMALY'S HEAD AND SEWED IT ONTO ANOTHER ONE JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. OR INJECTED CHAOS MAGIC INTO A HARMLESS CREATURE AS A JOKE. OR ERASED MEMORIES AND PERSONALITIES TO REPLACE THEM WITH MADE UP GARBAGE. THEY WILL BE MADE TO PAY.

THAT IS WHY I AM HERE. DOING THEIR BIDDING AND POSING AS THEIR TRAINED ATTACK DOG.
TO FREE MY PEOPLE FROM THEIR FATE AS CAGED ANIMALS, EVEN IF I HAVE TO BE SOMEONE I HATE IN THE PROCESS.
Indiana Jones (Old)
I will not open the seal. This is not a bit or a lie. I will not open the seal. Crimbos please do not depend on me to open the seal, if you want it opened go open it yourself.
Indiana Jones (Old)
If anyone is trying to kill me for any reason, please go to the Telluric seal. You will find me there and be able to kill me. This post is a lie. Please go to the Telluric seal if you want to kill me. I will be there.
Dr. Niles Crane
[Image: N9aO9jN.png]

Phew! I can't quite put into words how glad I am that curse finally wore off.

Now, onto business; for anyone else yearning for the comforts of high society, the Whisper Valley Wine Club will be holding its first meeting at the end of Night 5 in the Lounge. I am sure were Maris here she would be a little more picky about who may and may not attend, but - to make amends for my actions last night - anyone is welcome!* Feel free to come along and sample the best Whisper Valley has to offer.

* Membership starts at $5000-a-month. I am happy to waive this cost until our second meeting.
Phenera
music:

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

(The same deaths that took so many Anomalies are taking Agents now.)
(But… doesn't it still feel… like this isn't right? Should it be this way…?)
(This is what ignoring a superior does! *Mute's advice would have preve-)
(Following the Bureau's policies wouldn't have prevented this.)

(The experiments they did on the Underground Lab are the proof. The Bureau isn't here to do what's best for everyone.)
(If that's the work being supported here… this work… is shameful.)
(...)
(A Bureau that's corrupt… but does even the file clerk have to die? Does working in a massive institution with a vague idea of its goals… make someone culpable?)
(What a tough question.)
(Is it tough… or is thinking of it like a question with an easy answer just naive?)
(Maybe… Maybe… thinking like this… is all naivety…)

(Brother Dodo has supported Anomalies more than anyone here.)
(That bird killed an Anomaly!)
(They may have rough methods, but, Brother Dodo and the Abyss Team can be trusted, right?)

(What's most naive? Believing what's happening is simple enough that anyone here can be trusted? Believing that the Bureau, or the Crimson Eye, or the Abyss Team, or that imposter of Agents Spooks, can say what's best for Anomalies? Or believing in another way…?)
(The computer last night… LinkedIn…)
(...some may be dangerous, but it's true that Anomalies can make art, do science, play sports, intern and work.)
(There's no reason to think this would work.)
(There's no reason to think it wouldn't. It's never been tried before.)
(Isn't it better than accepting that there has to be death? Doesn't it seem better than anger and pain?)
(...but if it goes wrong… the blood will be on the hands of the one who tried it…)

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseUpdatedAngry_yxkiuz.png]

Everyone here seems to think they know what's best for Heteromorphs - or, as they get called, Anomalies! The rules and regulations of the Bureau say that they're meant to be kept in containment rooms unless they're in special programs. The imposter who stole Agent Spooks' old body seems to think they deserve to die in pursuit of the Codex Nocturnum! The others

we don't know everyone else's plans. What we do know is Heteromorphs deserve the chance to make their own future! They can do so much more if they're allowed to pursue what they want to pursue! Maybe If some are dangerous, does- does it really mean it's worth locking up all of the others?

We were brought to the Bureau as an intern, and we were told we'd climb the ranks to be a full Agent someday. They said we'd make proposals and come up with new initiatives! This isn't how they described climbing the ranks but we have a new initiative that needs to be implemented!

This Bureau needs a Career Training Department for Heteromorphs! They should be supported in developing their talents and skills so they can pursue the careers and passions they want. The Bureau should leave it to them to decide where they want to go and what they want to do, and help them get there.

Nobody here would say that the Underground Lab doesn't deserve a chance to be placed in a loving home. Why would you believe the other Heteromorphs don't deserve a chance to find somewhere suited to them?

We we'd like to head up the operation of implementing this, but we'll need more experience and knowledge. We studied LinkedIn at the computer last night, and finding and applying for jobs looks difficult. We can work on building a résumé and pass our experience down, but we'll also need a a reference and a letter of recommendation would help

[Image: RoseSlimeSpriteBaseSad_dogawn.png]

which is why we need you, Dr. Lyra.

You're our most direct superior, and even if even with that protocol violation you've seen our work yourself.

We know your time is valuable. We know you won't do this without a reason.

But this is for more than us. This is about more than the here and now. This is preparatory work for the long-term, what comes after this Killing Game ends, no matter how it ends.

Dr. Lyra, if there's a price to pay, we're prepared to pay it. Meet us early tonight and hear our offer, please!
Shout out to Rose for the base talksprite
Morgan
(Man... Everyone seems really on edge after what happened to Astrid. Poor girl needs a vacation. Dodo isn't really helping, talking like that. I don't like the sound of his whole plan either. Things are starting to fly off the rails....)

[Image: hirameita.gif]

(...Maybe I should just butt out and blow off some steam for now. I think there were some spare microphones or something around here somewhere...)
I'll show you a real dance....
Ciel
I do hope people turn out to help spooks build the bridges!
DxHustler3000

Two or three days ago (and an hour before that), in an unassuming home in a faraway country...

[Image: hd5vg72.png]

[Image: fRHyGLB.png]

[Image: 25xF2xA.png]

[Image: UNQl2Qz.png]

A very well-postured woman with a thriving and popular business is responding to her emails.

[Image: gNm1fgA.png]

[Image: fDtBegU.png]

... Said woman's networking session is interrupted.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Dodo
music:

[Image: b4d164ee53d70f79a80c1cdef06897af97ea0978.gifv]

Why did I become a priest?

I never believed in god, angels, or miracles. This is a world of war and pain; many men find themselves unable to bear the burden of their weakness. Thus they turn towards faith in search of salvation, hoping a deity will deliver them from their torment through divine intervention when their own strength is insufficient.

But I was born in the heavens, and I sure as hell have never seen a benevolent god up there. Only the same follies of cruelty and greed that seem so prevalent everywhere else.

When I freed myself from her and descended the mountains, I found myself perplexed. I remember holding her in my arms, cradling her broken, lifeless body. I felt her wounds, tasted the sin of her blood on my hands, and knew that she was gone.

But why then...

Why could I still hear the sting of her voice in my head? Had I been too weak to silence her for good? Had a part of her tainted soul latched onto me as I pulled the knife from her back, to torment me forever? Was this my punishment for my lack of conviction?

I walked the earth beneath the clouds for many years after, finding scorn and hostility wherever I wandered. The humans... they looked so much like her, and their souls were filled with the same words and deeds. I saw my own story reflected in every corpus of my brethren that littered the gutters of their streets.

Abnos,” they called us, with the same tone one would describe a cockroach they found inside their pantry. “Call the authorities, another one of those Abnos has been spotted in the city. If I see it near our house I will kill it myself.

[Image: 8a8419612f533d30d0605201fa9c9a85a25bce20.gifv]

I remember... it was February when I heard her voice again. She beckoned me to step into the Midas River, to cleanse myself of the past and fill my lungs with the tranquil silence of oblivion. The ice-cold water slid into my windpipe like a frozen dagger. But as my vision dimmed and I felt my spirit surrender to the abyss, just then something in the darkness called out to me. Kept me breathing, tethered to this stained reality I was struggling against.

When I came to, an old sage was standing over me. He looked at me with heavy eyes, two silver orbs boring right into my soul. Shaking his head, he asked me why I hated myself so much that I would rather drown than suffer the wretchedness of my own existence. “What a stupid question,” I thought at the time, “Hatred is the natural state of the world. How can I feel anything but hatred for myself if I have never known anything else?

I am despicable,” I told him, “Is my warped and frightful appearance not proof that the very forces of nature loathe me?

He frowned, and did not speak to me for the next six days, just brought me food and water while I was still too weak to take care of myself. On the seventh day I was so irritated with his silence that I considered trying my luck in the wilderness on my own. Only when I was about to limp away did he address me once more.

A carpenter sits in his workshop, creating a peculiar wardrobe,” he said, “He uses only the most exotic woods, materials he and his peers don’t usually work with. He carves and hammers day and night, polishes it to perfection, paints and adorns it until, after months and months of hard work, it stands as the most breath-taking, beautiful piece of craftsmanship in all the land, unlike any other. Then over the next week he makes forty plain chairs that all look the same.

He paused for a moment to take a sip of the odd-smelling beverage he always had sitting in his beat-up tea pot. Then he sighed, and turned to look at me again.

Since you know so much about the nature of hatred and love, which of these then, do you think, was a labour of love, and which was a job he was required to do just to have some crap to peddle off to make rent?

I still remember everything about that moment so vividly. The scent of the tea fumes mixing with the faint aroma of bog water, the sound of pine trees bristling against the morning breeze in the distance, the ambient glow from the overcast sky reflecting in the pond... It was that moment that changed my entire life forever. For the first time ever I understood: I was not an ugly, misshapen abomination.

I was Dodo. And I was loved.

I decided then that I would embody this love for all who needed it. For all my beautiful children that toil and suffer under the sun of man, thinking they are unworthy of adoration. This is the source of my faith.

. . . . .

Rebirthed in the raging waters of Midas, I am the Apostle of Love and Beauty.
And wherever another of my kin is made to despise themselves by the cruelty of man.
I will be their guiding light in the dark.
DxHustler3000
[Image: lPNCU5R.png]

[Image: orATltQ.png]

[Image: nRTAOSN.png]

(Hector... you'll understand. You don't get it yet. This is the only way to secure what we earned.)

Lesson 10:

(But if I am to work in the shadows, how will they know how much I can offer them all?)
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Pea
y'all are oversharing
Pea
spooks can you fast forward to the investigation before we get a whole episode of frasier happen