Spooks?

As the sun rises, you gather once again to hear your captor’s ominous dialogue. Instead, you are met with only silence and the whistling of the chill wind outside. No dead body announcement, no smug dialogue. The silence is palpable, suffocating.

[Image: well_zeuxer.png]

...So uh... Anyone gonna say anything? What's the deal? I feel like I'm being blue-balled here. Where's the cat?

Need someone to show up and call us a bunch of morons who don't understand the truth or whatever. Let me guess, he's gonna show up midway through the inevitable investigation again and talk about how someone found another elevator or something?

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

Actually, that will not be the case! I have an announcement to make!

[Image: TRIPSPOTTED_pdiiac.png]

Augh! God, warn me before you pop out of nowhere!

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

My apologies, [AGENT DESIGNATION - DEXTER HEXLEY], however my algorithms predict a 98.7% chance that you will be interested in what I have to say - as will everyone else!

You see, due to the efforts of a dedicated group of employees...

The servitor formerly inhabiting my previous physical interface has been purged!

...The physical interface withstood significant damage, so I am constrained to this less-functional form for the time being, however a sufficient safety risk has been eliminated by the individuals who challenged the impersonator.

[Image: keh2_qq3bre.png]

'Tis true. It was a battle hard fought, a hunt of transcendent proportions - but we hath purged the evil influence from the clockwork feline's form. In the darkness of the Black Forest's depths, we stood resolute in the face of unholy terror. It was a worthy hunt indeed, one for ages eternal - though our prey... bled less than I would have preferred.

@Dodo, @Columbo, @Riki... You are warriors unmatched. I am proud to have fought alongside you all.

[Image: lyrathalassic3_rkjmfl.png]

Kyahaha! You might've killed the puppet, but the one pulling it's strings is still out there somewhere, watching and waiting. You don't seriously think that taking out that little kitty is gonna fix anything, do you? Naïve, really. I've worked in the Killing Game Lab, read all the files, examined the cases - killing the "host" figure never solves anything.

You've gotta strike at the root cause! Just wait, any minute now...

[Image: sololadysmile_uemcr7.png]

Ah! Sorry to interrupt! I'm not really sure what you're all here talking about, but I was just getting ready to feed 1650. You know how it is with that little guy. He loves his meat, and he's usually pretty friendly if he's been fed.

[Image: nancyscared_xp1xhx.png]

When I walked into the containment room though... I found...

music:

[Image: Day-5-Death_aulych.png]

@Revy has been found dead in BPI-1650's containment room, vaguely chewed by the large venus flytrap within.

Her role was...

role card:

[Image: Day5_j31yoz.png]

Case Files:
  • Revy is lying on the floor of BPI-1650's containment room.
  • Several bites appear to have been taken out of her.
  • There is a puddle around the body.
  • She appears to be frostbitten.
  • A strange book page has been left on the body.
  • The Lounge is decorated with candles, wine bottles, and several speakers are set up.
  • There is a huge dent in Gate #2.
  • The Trapdoor Spider is missing from the Facility Jail.
  • The window of the Observation Room has been vandalized.
  • BPI-2101 has been secured in his cell once more.
  • There is vomit in the Archaeologist's Office

Other Info:
  • The entity referred to as "Evil Spooks" has been vanquished.
  • Two bridges have been built over the River.
  • The Telluric Seal has been opened.
  • The Mine Elevator is now functional.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: historical_klrboe.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: facility-grounds_ertrms.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: facility_pwulbx.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: depths_sbmpch.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton
@Ciel

Survey Team

@Lita
@Pea
@Riki
@'Jonsohn Smithy'
@DxHustler3000

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 5 begins now.

Day 5 will end on Sunday, March 24th at 7 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin later, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for the murder, you will receive a Grab Bag, which contains five items. You may choose one to keep, the rest will be destroyed..

As the Telluric Seal has been broken, future Wraiths will be allowed to commit murder and break seals. Should they succeed at either of these tasks, they will permanently revive - however killing them will result in no trial.

[Image: lyrathalassic1_gsnelg.png]

Kyeh heh heh... right on cue.

[Image: spiral_grytvi.png]

[!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!] [!ALERT!]

[Image: Panic_s0uhcc.png]

Once again I have been left alone to manage a murder investigation! Despite previous experience, I am not equipped to handle such matters on my own! I had hoped that the destruction of the servitor inhabiting my body would prevent another death - however it appears that I was incorrect.

I suppose it is time once again.

!MYSTERY PROTOCOL - ENGAGE!

[Image: talk-neutral_vnl4mk.png]

...I'm... not surprised that someone else died. That's how these are supposed to go, right? If the mastermind, whoever they are, is still out there, then... Lyra's right.

Yeah. I'll say it. She's right.

[Image: Upset_lpyvvw.png]

You know, Lyra... I think... I'm done with your antagonism now. You're smart. You know a lot. I know that. You know that. I've... learned a lot this past night. These past few nights. I'm not afraid of you, or anything else. I think... I understand some things now. I think I understand a lot. I've got some... things I have to show off. Things I have to say.

I'm... not gonna listen to you talk shit anymore. Even if you do, I'm not gonna sit here and stoop to your level. You're one of the the Bureau's rising stars, I don't know why you're so insecure that you have to put me down to feel better about yourself.

[Image: hey_tklwwl.png]

A long time ago... My dad worked with someone else to try to solve a mystery. They might not have agreed on everything - just like I don't agree with how you treat Anomalies - but no matter... what he's doing now... I know he made the right choice then. The choice to pursue the truth.

[Image: Upset_lpyvvw.png]

Lyra. If there's a mastermind lurking around, threatening all our lives... A killer who doesn't care about your stupid anomaly research, or my stupid stargazing... We need you. I don't... think we can stand here and argue anymore. That... "host", the other Spooks... They're gone for now, but we'll keep dropping like flies, one by one, until they're stopped.

[Image: upsetchesttouchtalk_nototo.png]

Just... stop being a dick. Help me out. Help us.

[Image: lyrathalassic4_df3mr1.png]

Indiana Jones (Old)
If evil spooks is dead who posted this thread?
Lita
Investigate the body and the body's surroundings, natch/
Columbo
Now we wait for the mastermind.

While we are waiting, let me take a close look at Revy. I'm assuming those aren't human bite marks?
Lulu Azhal
Take a look at the book page
Izumi Konata
Pretend I said that
Tinkaton
Tinkaton will check out the dent on the gate and the observation room window.
Giffany
[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_dancing.gif]

It seems that, Evil Spooks, is now deceased. That is not a shame! I did not wish to know him better! Now I can get to know Spooks better, without interference from an evil imposter!

Last night was pleasant! I had a, nice night, with everyone!

However...

[Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_glare.gif]

Another seal has been broken. This is an unacceptable breach of protocol.

Hello, Spooks! Although we might soon learn who broke the seal anyway, I believe this should be, most convenient. I love CCTV footage pointed at the seal room! Can you show everyone the CCTV footage pointed at the seal room? I think it will be really helpful in uncovering this, troublemaker!
[Image: ezgif-1-327c8a09e3.gif]
Izumi Konata
Ah, I also found some stuff during the night, I'll Present the Liturgy memo and the underground tunnel audio log when the investigation's slowed down
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: toof.png]

Inspect that puddle. Does it resemble or smell like anything notable? It's not piss, is it?
Izumi Konata
Check decontamination and see if it has had any uses other than mine?
Spooks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:49 AM)Lita Wrote: Investigate the body and the body's surroundings, natch/
(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:50 AM)Columbo Wrote: Now we wait for the mastermind.

While we are waiting, let me take a close look at Revy. I'm assuming those aren't human bite marks?
(Mar 23, 2024 at 3:23 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: toof.png]

Inspect that puddle. Does it resemble or smell like anything notable? It's not piss, is it?
You investigate the body. Upon a good once-over, you notice that her bite marks appear to match the giant flytrap nearby much closer than a human. They appear posthumous though. Her body appears to be frostbitten and rather wet.

Nashu inspects the nearby puddle, giving it a sniff. Thankfully, it is not piss. It appears to be very cold water.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:50 AM)Lulu Azhal Wrote: Take a look at the book page
You inspect the book page, plucking it off the body...

book page:

(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:51 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton will check out the dent on the gate and the observation room window.
You inspect the dent on the gatehouse first... It's rather large and spherical, like something big and round rolled into it. Who knows what it was.

You then inspect the observation room window, after taking a long ride down the Service Elevator. It appears as though the words HOLY HOLY HOLY have been scrawled on it in red and blue paint, and a sigma symbol has been carved into the glass. The area around the carving looks melted, as though something extremely hot cut into it.

(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:58 AM)Giffany Wrote: [Image: S2e5_Paul_Robertson_Giffany_glare.gif]

Another seal has been broken. This is an unacceptable breach of protocol.

Hello, Spooks! Although we might soon learn who broke the seal anyway, I believe this should be, most convenient. I love CCTV footage pointed at the seal room! Can you show everyone the CCTV footage pointed at the seal room? I think it will be really helpful in uncovering this, troublemaker!

Of course! Allow me to display the requested CCTV footage. One moment please...

Spooks' screen blurs briefly, and then displays a video feed...

It shows someone in a white cloak leaving the Crusher area in the mines, seemingly headed for the exit. Then, after a delay, Ciel emerges from the room inside the Crusher, and heads in a similar direction. You don't see anything else on the cameras for the rest of the night.
Pea
(Mar 23, 2024 at 2:51 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Pretend I said that

the walls are speaking. hbelp me 23
Columbo
The river and lake got any holes we should know about?
Izumi Konata
See if there's any Thousand Tendril marks on Revy's body?
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I wake up in the explosive storage room. Thankfully there is only about a foot of water and I'm not frozen into it like I expected.
- I take my caffeine pills in order to rid myself of the smelly fish curse.
- I head down to the path to the elevator.
- It's powered off so I wait around and notice some markings on the cave wall.
[Image: dujlzxvttmqmrnw0loiu.png]
- While I'm looking at the picture the elevator powers on.
- I press the button, hop in, and ride down. The trip is slow and bumpy.
- The elevator eventually stops and I get out. I find myself in a cavern with modern support beams and lighting.
- I do some exploring and find:
---- A room with heavy duty mining equipment and modern explosives
---- A room my access level is too low to enter
---- Plumbing plans that I can't inspect at the time. Need to do it during the day phase.
- Ciel shows up. She also can't get into the locked door.
- We walk together down an ancient road.
- The end of the road is blocked by a collapsed pillar. At the base of the pillar is the corpse of Hazel Nolen.
- Ciel leaves me behind and I go to sleep next to Hazel. I want to be able to start my investigation here tomorrow night instead of having to make the trek back.

@Spooks? After the case ends I'd like to take a closer look at the plumbing plans.
Izumi Konata
Take out the large dvd player looking thing from my room and take it to the meeting room, hook it up to the projector, and put my crystal disc in and play it on the projector

Also, show off the lore document related to it
Columbo
While I'm gathering my thoughts... Spooks, would you mind showing off my CCTV as well?
Nashu Mhakaracca
Are there any trails of water between the crime scene and the river/lake? Are there any places where the ice has been broken?
Pea
I've been in the dark for a bit too long. I'll come clean for once about my night:

I started the night by first asking Dexter to accompany me to the Director's Office, where I checked for missed documents, info on the building, whatever. On my way there, from the Shuttle Station, I saw Konata pass by from upstairs, profusely apologizing to Dexter (and him responding in confusion). Came out that office with nothing. We had a chat, but nothing substantial came out of this search. We parted ways after that.

I then saw the dog at the lobby. Pet the dog a bit, then went to Anomaly Records. I've found documents there.

Present the documents I found in Anomaly Records.

Don't expect much, it's just info on some anomalies we don't know much about yet. Hopefully.

This is where shit hit the fan for me.

I found a dangerous entity, possibly related to BPI-1000, in the unknown Level VI room. That thing has been neutralized.

I say neutralized, but, you might come across a nasty surprise if you're to try finding it next night. It was terrifying: An eldritch-like, bird-esque creature, screaming incessantly the H word. If I were to guess, its propreties were close of that a Basilisk, but don't quote me on that.

Either way, that thing's swiss cheese for the time being. If I were to have the biggest hunch, I suspect it'll come back as whole cheddar.

So, yeah, I checked out that unknown room, only to be met with that thing. Don't think I'll be going back any time soon. If you want me to tell you what I found there: I found a fucking dangerous monster. How's about that?

Scared out of my mind, and I won't deny that I was, I decided to go back to Dexter and chat some more to get that anxious edge off of me. He and I had a good beer. Fun times were had.

The night ends with me going to the Chapel, but not before seeing Niles enter the Lounge, where I just was. After that, I saw a seal? At the lobby? Barking at me? Who let that dog out?

Finally at the Chapel, I checked out some stuff in vain. Someone cloaked in white was around during my investigation. I left afterwards and had a good night sleep.

Satisfied? I'm not. I need a breather after all of this. Call me once you find tonight's culprit. I'm out.