Spooks?
Music:

[Image: Hi_bmv20e.png]

Hello! I have been considering how to proceed, and I believe that it is still important that we determine the identity of the murderer! [AGENT DESIGNATION - REVY] was an employee of the Bureau of Paranormal Investigation, and the fact remains that this murder may have been committed by a dangerous Anomaly.

[Image: Winkhand_bakmwu.png]

!MYSTERY PROTOCOL - ENGAGE!

Please place your vote in the following manner:

Vote: [INSERT SUSPECT]

[Image: hmm_zjyqfo.png]

...Surely this time, we are able to keep things civilized and compliant with the Code of Conduct, and just send the culprit to the Holding Cell as instructed and outlined in the process...

After all, with the entity inhabiting my previous interface having been purged, nothing will go wrong.

Please place your votes in this thread. This trial will conclude at the same time as the investigation, at 7:00 PM PST on Sunday, March 24th.

The culprit will be [DATA EXPUNGED]
DxHustler3000
[Image: lF1yUqv.png]

No will have a problem if I Vote: Ciel, I assume. She dodged some questions about her involvement with the Telluric Seal. A good look at her hands will reveal the truth, after which I will consider new options.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Dodo
Throwing my weight behind Hustler's pressure vote because I would like to know as well.

Vote: Ciel

Will remove this vote once question has been sufficiently answered.
Maitre D'eath
...Tallying your votes, once more.

WHO MURDERED REVY?

Ciel - 2 - DxHustler3000, Dodo

DxHustler3000
Let's Unvote for now. I will be back in good time to lay out a proper case against the culprit.
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.
Morgan
I'm actually going to throw my two cents out here while I have some downtime, I do think Ciel has a significant shot at being the killer.

The main crux of my theory is that the Telluric Seal was a simple means to an end, an alibi. The free powers are one thing, but I have half a mind the real treasure was the convenient excuse for why she'd be hanging around in the cave. Sometime before Hustler begins to prowl the area, Ciel and Revy cross paths, ending in Revy being choked out on the floor of the cave. Seal breaking happens, and Ciel and Hustler have their fight. From this point she's mostly unaccounted for, which provides opportunity to move the body to the Maneater plant later. We don't have much solid evidence for this part, but the important bit is the actual strangling.

The thing that makes me most suspicious is the way Ciel went about trying to "hide" her involvement with the Seal. She KO'd in the crystal caves on purpose, self admitted after we'd already found out about the seal breaking. She still actively admitted to entering the Seal Room and tried to play it off simply by insisting it was already deactivated when she got there. This is a simple lie to call out, which we did. After people removed their pressure votes, we largely forgot about her, even after we figured out the actual kill was in the mineshaft. It was a good deflection until we wheeled back around.

Given a lack of other evidence in general I think I'll stick with Vote: Ciel.
I'll show you a real dance....
Izumi Konata
I really can't think of anyone else it can be except for Hustler

We know the body had to be moved to the plant, and I can't think of any way to do that without being caught except for the bedsheets Hustler covered themself in
Indiana Jones (Old)
Vote: Spooks
Dr. Niles Crane
Agreed.

Morgan
WHY
I'll show you a real dance....
Spooks?
(Mar 25, 2024 at 1:16 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Vote: Spooks

(Mar 25, 2024 at 1:17 AM)Dr. Niles Crane Wrote: Agreed.

[Image: sphhh_wtn2zq.png]
Dodo
VOTE: Ciel

Not feeling this one very strongly, and I'm open to switch to someone else (feel free to convince me, or suggest a better target through your votes).

But for now I did not bleed tonight for the cause of getting the cat's original body back just to have him executed as a jape.
Ciel
Hustler partially to save my own ass but looking at it realistically it's down to a 50/50 on the two of us and I know for certain that I am innocent
it's so open for somebody else to fit in but we're running on fumes trying to piece anything valid together
Dr. Niles Crane
Okay, fun's over.

Unvote
DxHustler3000
Vote: Ciel, again.

It wasn't me;
Dodo and Phenera have both verified that I wasn't carrying the body in the depths; this was the first place I went after leaving the mines
I spent a long time in the depths exploring and being seen; this very likely overlaps with when the body went in the plant as far as I can tell
The assumption that I was struggling with a dead body is incorrect - it's been experimentally verified that I was weighed down by ice and water. I didn't carry the body in my cloak
Other bits of info - Riri verified that there's no significant smell connecting me and the body, which is also an investigation I willingly volunteered to take part in. I have no markings on my hands or evidence on my person, my only injury is from my fight with Ciel

Also; Ciel initially lied about her involvment with the Seal - not a terrible thing, but may have been an attempt to establish false alibi - she spent a long time in that room but claimed to have left immediately at first, which would fudge the timeline in an area very close to the kill.

There's also the possibility she collaborated with Konata, who moved the body and decontaminated herself.
Riki
##Vote: Ciel

Riki not have many better answers...
Indiana Jones (Old)
Unvote: Spooks
Vote: DxHustler

Even with all the work they did trying to clear it I just cannot think of any way the body could have possibly been moved other than under their sheets. Unless it was an accomplice kill and they were cleaning up for somebody else. I don't know.
Columbo
I'd rather vote for Pea, though this is about as cowardly as not voting at all.
The Thing that Lives Beneath
Vote: Alan Wake
Nashu Mhakaracca
Vote: DXHustler

[Image: happy.png]

Scrum debate! Scrum debate!