firebender
22.22%
none.
11.11%
Total: 18 vote(s)
sealelement
thread title
sealelement
for those who aren't immediately familiar with the show: waterbending and earthbending require sources of water and earth nearby respectively to manipulate them, firebending allows you to simply conjure blasts of fire with your kung fu, and if you airbend you're a pussy that won't kill anyone unless you're avatar yangchen, and NOBODY here is an avatar, one element only in this hypothetical, fuck off with that.
100% pure gamer 100%
Hearts
When I played Avatar in the woods with my neighborhood friends I was usually a waterbender or earthbender. I think my answer depends on whether we have any of the advanced bending techniques though.

Firebending is probably my last choice; it's a very offense oriented style befitting the destructive image of fire, though it does have some other uses. It also has the benefit of generating an element rather than manipulating an existing source. Lightning generation is kinda sick but its applications are pretty much killing people or working in a power plant, but maybe you could be a special effects guy or something like that.

Airbending is fun and whimsical (unless you're Zaheer) and can also be used anywhere, but I'd only pick it if I could unlock flight and only two people did that ever so I don't like my chances. I guess astral projection was also technically an airbending technique and that's kinda cool. I'm not a fan of the focus on spirituality and inner peace though and I'd probably be a shitty airbender as a result.

Waterbending is a versatile pick with control over water, ice, and healing powers. The healing alone gives it a big edge in civilian life (without having to work in a factory like firebenders) and I think Korra's spirit pacifying techniques were also based on waterbending. The main disadvantage is requiring a water source, but you can overcome that pretty easily. Of course, we can't talk about waterbending without addressing bloodbending. It's sick as hell but also very limited in use due to the full moon restriction, unless you're from a specific family. If I did have unlimited bloodbending, this would be a tempting choice.

Earthbending is my choice though. It has the perks of versatility with a more forgiving limitation; you can't generate earth, but earth is pretty much everywhere unless you're stuck on a boat in the middle of nowhere like Ghazan. Earthbending has a solid mix of offensive, defensive, and civilian capabilities, and some of the best advanced tech. Metalbending is the obvious one that's in common usage by Korra's time, and it's pretty damn useful in an advanced civilization. And fucking lavabending? I don't even know how that shit works but I'm not going to think about it too hard, it's cool as fuck. Finally there's seismic sense, which you can use for everything from finding your car keys to lie detection. Earthbending's gotta be the best all around.
T-man
airbender if I get a sky bison, earthbender if not

airbenders seem to have the best mobility which makes them an appealing choice, but earthbending seems more practical with just as much potential for cool traversal and dicking around with rocks. I'd be making rock sculptures, rock sofas and tables, rock conversations pits, you name it

i've always wondered to what extent airbending would be visible in real life, it's always clear in media but like we don't see the wind unless shit gets caught in it. being able to propel yourself upward and slow your descent seems pretty cool, and that's before you factor in the ability to glide but I dunno if thats enough to turn down the ability to shape the ground we walk unless i got a big fluffy friend that can double as my wheels
Briraka
[Image: fc14a3c0632ed3b8ce06c8cae0d43ace.gif]
Draku
if waterbending comes with healing shit that's a pretty big plus towards it, the health benefits in general seem quite nice. it becomes a more attractive option depending on how close to a large body of water you live obviously. i imagine there's a lot of shit you could do even just living out by a river.

earthbending seems like it has a ton of extremely practical applications and is probably the most attractive overall choice in modern society. but even then if you just went innawoods you could get a bunch done with it by yourself.

firebending has a lot more potential use to it than seems to be given here, making fire out of nothing is fairly useful especially depending on climate. but it also seems like the most inherently dangerous one and would have a steep learning curve. it would be really easy to accidentally burn down your house or mutilate yourself for example lol.

airbending seems too limited unless you go all fucking in on it which makes it kinda blow compared to the other choices. no wonder aang was the last one jej

i think i'd go with waterbending just because the personal applications are the most appealing as i'm not in a spot where earthbending would be attractive to use on an interesting enough scale.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
if you're an airbender and turn 30 and you've never had sex you get to fly like zaheer
sealelement
(Apr 12, 2024 at 1:39 AM)T-man Wrote: i've always wondered to what extent airbending would be visible in real life, it's always clear in media but like we don't see the wind unless shit gets caught in it. being able to propel yourself upward and slow your descent seems pretty cool, and that's before you factor in the ability to glide but I dunno if thats enough to turn down the ability to shape the ground we walk unless i got a big fluffy friend that can double as my wheels

i read somewhere on the clock app that you can't actually see airbending unless its kicking up dust, the outline for the wind is for the audience's sake. i just checked and apparently this is canonical so for once the cursed clock app didn't lie or misinform
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
just hit ur ass with a little smokebending

if i were an airbender i could be pulling sweet smoke tricks like some kid who vapes
sealelement
i mean he didn't smoke but doing sweet tricks was like 75% of aang's screentime in atla
sealelement

who could forget this iconic moment
100% pure gamer 100%
trick shot killed travis scott with the blind thot on fortnite yesterday so im gonna go with fire sasuke
Fun With Despair
I pick firebending because then if i don't like someone I can just light their ass on fire and there's nothing they can do about it. What are they gonna do, tell the police that I shot fucking fire from my hands? No way. Nobody would believe them.

In all seriousness though, firebending essentially lets you create energy from nothing and break the laws of thermodynamics. I'm not really sure about what effects this would have on the scientific world but I am sure it's a useful power. Out of all the bending types, it seems to be the only one that doesn't actively require access to an element to use it. Waterbending needs water nearby, earthbending you need to be on the ground for, and... well there's air everywhere so I guess airbending is close enough but it's not very useful. In that sense, while firebending doesn't seem like it would be the most useful overall, it's both the most discrete and concealable of those powers. If you decided to earthbend... pretty much anywhere, you'd be staring down the cops pretty quick.

Not to mention, firebending is more versatile than it seems. Sure, you can shoot fire and lightning, but firebenders have also been seen blowing smoke and creating remote explosions. I'm not really sure if its super useful practically still but I guess you could also work in demolitions.
Draku
(Apr 12, 2024 at 9:39 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I pick firebending because then if i don't like someone I can just light their ass on fire and there's nothing they can do about it. What are they gonna do, tell the police that I shot fucking fire from my hands? No way. Nobody would believe them.

In all seriousness though, firebending essentially lets you create energy from nothing and break the laws of thermodynamics. I'm not really sure about what effects this would have on the scientific world but I am sure it's a useful power. Out of all the bending types, it seems to be the only one that doesn't actively require access to an element to use it. Waterbending needs water nearby, earthbending you need to be on the ground for, and... well there's air everywhere so I guess airbending is close enough but it's not very useful. In that sense, while firebending doesn't seem like it would be the most useful overall, it's both the most discrete and concealable of those powers. If you decided to earthbend... pretty much anywhere, you'd be staring down the cops pretty quick.

Not to mention, firebending is more versatile than it seems. Sure, you can shoot fire and lightning, but firebenders have also been seen blowing smoke and creating remote explosions. I'm not really sure if its super useful practically still but I guess you could also work in demolitions.
I mean the shit doesn't just come from nowhere, you'd have to muster up the energy to manifest said flame.

Imagine eating yourself silly and then firebending it all away. Mother fucking genius
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
sealelement
all bending breaks the laws of thermodynamics but there is still a degree of physical exertion associated with all forms of bending. like a martial art or an exercise though a bender can train their body to have better endurance with bending or produce more spectacular results. i'm also not surprised that fwd's post is about what crimes he is able to commit (airbending is way more discreet though tf you talking about you can literally bend the air out of someones lungs)
sealelement
i want to add that aang is only a hairless femboy vegetarian twink by choice and not because bending seems to burn a proportional amount of calories. in fact aang gets pretty tall and cut so i don't think bending is an effective means of weight loss unless you directly apply the bending to yourself
sealelement
i'm changing my answer to airbending because that stuff's USEFUL and i like the idea of gliding or air scootering or running fast. waterbending is practical but airbending is very fun
100% pure gamer 100%
Dark Elyk
(Apr 12, 2024 at 2:46 AM)Briraka Wrote: [Image: fc14a3c0632ed3b8ce06c8cae0d43ace.gif]

This is the correct option. All other elements listed are inferior to Lightning.
Spritanium
I would pick waterbending and use it exclusively to jet ski without a boat
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Kabuto
Waterbending is the best one in fortnite it's completely broken and is the best sniper rifle in the game
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]

Thread Tags

kyle twofinger draku thegame