Spooks?
[Image: mask_rtnkxy.png]

Gah! First, I have been humiliated in combat, and then I find myself cursed with this ghoulish visage! That masked blackguard is fortunate that he is capable of hiding behind layers of arcane tricks, otherwise I would have my vengeance!

Hehe, I dunno, I think it’s kind of cute.

I kind of like this whole mask thing, I look just like you! I understand why you wear that thing now, look at how cool I look! Look out, I’m a “blood-stained hunter of magic beasts!”~

[Image: mask2_fnt6pw.png]

Hm. I suppose it does appear “cool”, as you would say - yet my own mask is not worn by choice, and neither is this thing that’s been forced upon me! I could never face battle clad in such a thing!

Well, it’s only for one night. Save it for the mastermind. Or whoever caused the blackout. Hmph, they almost ruined the barbecue! Not very nice.

[Image: mask1_bihlmx.png]

Man, fuck the blackout. Who cares.

I mean, look at me man, what am I? A rat? Seriously? What did I do to piss off this mask guy? You, I mean you tried to kick his ass. I’d probably give you a shit mask too if I was some kind of spooky mask guy, but come on!

[Image: mask2_eiyuyi.png]

What’s the deal with the “masquerade” shit anyway? Is this asshole just trying to mess with us? I would’ve though the fucking DEATH GAME was enough, but hey, what do I know?

[Image: mask2_an3i8j.png]

No… I think I know what he’s thinking.

The way I see it… We’ve all been getting… too friendly. Well, relatively at least. The masks kept us from recognizing each other based on our appearance - and gave everyone a window to safely stab someone they didn’t trust but otherwise were forced to stay friendly with right in the back.

[Image: mask_ccue0b.png]

This kind of thing happens all the time in mystery novels. A masquerade’s always the perfect cover for murder - and an easy source of chaos…

[Image: mask_jd9z1p.png]

That is consistent with my own algorithmic assumptions. There is a 70.5% chance that these “night conditions” will continue to escalate in severity now that the mastermind has made themselves known.

[Image: mask3_vxuqto.png][Image: sphhh.pngmask3_utjm10.png]

…Dude. Did someone draw on your face?

None of the masks fit…

That’s fucked up.

I am in agreement.

Regardless, it is in the best interests of the mastermind to prevent us from finding a means of defeating them, and causing distractions such as the conditions seen tonight are an effective way of doing so.

[Image: mask2_an3i8j.png]

Huh, wonder if he caused the power outage too, then…

[Image: mask_b5qraf.png]

Hey! Stop standing around like a bunch of apes! Power outage? That’s mundane! We’ve got a prob-

[Image: mask2_h8pszr.png]

…Why is everyone staring at me?

Oh. Right. I fixed my hair. I was just getting tired of looking I just got drowned. Besides, long hair gets annoying when you’re trying to work with precise instruments.

Anyway, check the Geology Lab! It’s seriously messed up in there!

music:

[Image: Day-6-Death_aysxtm.png]

Someone wearing a DRAGON MASK has been found dead in the Geology Lab, beheaded and covered in bad burns.

Their role was… Unknown. It shall be revealed at the time of the execution.

[Image: day6_ytajx1.png]

Case Files:
  • An unknown individual is lying dead in the Geology Lab.
  • He has been beheaded.
  • He is extremely badly burned.
  • A DRAGON MASK has been melted to his face.
  • The rest of the Geology Lab is similarly scorched.
  • Something has been written on the wall in blood, however the fire has made it unrecognizable.
  • There are signs of a gathering on the Patio
  • The Patio is covered in broken glass and populated by several rats.
  • There are bullet holes at Station 1 and in the Armory
  • The creature from Lab Zero is now contained in the Holding Cell

Other Info:
  • A glowing golden door has appeared in the Chapel.
  • The lasers in the Laser Hallway have all been disabled..
  • During the night, a Blackout occurred.
  • Another Seal has been uncovered, somewhere.

[Image: Mapicon_lnnyum.png]

[Image: historical_klrboe.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: facility-grounds_ertrms.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: b1f_jho3v9.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: depths_petbxk.png]

room descriptions:

[Image: current_mnzvbw.png]

History Team

@Alan Wake
@Indiana Jones (Old)
@Phenera
@Dr. Niles Crane
@Walmart John Finalfantasy14
@Tinkaton

Survey Team

@Lita
@Pea
@Riki
@DxHustler3000
@Jonsohn Smithy

Research Team

@Morgan
@Izumi Konata
@Nashu Mhakaracca
@Giffany
@Columbo
@Dodo

NPCs

• Astrid
  • Dexter Hexley
  • Dr. Lyra Orpheus
  • Nancy Partridge & BPI-2300
  • Spooks, The Magical Cat™

Please post all investigation questions in this thread, and try to post major theories here, for ease.

Day 6 begins now.

Day 6 will end on Monday, April 15th at 7 PM, PST.

The Trial will begin later, after time has been had to investigate the case and each involved character has testified in some fashion.

If you vote correctly for the murder, you will receive an item that will allow you to somewhat mitigate the effects of the next night condition..

[Image: spooks1_aqgizm.png]

Ahaha, and so the masquerade comes to an end. I do so hope you enjoyed your time wandering about in the dark, your secrets and motives concealed behind a mask. It’s freeing, isn’t it?

It seems the security afforded by a mask certainly draws out the inner brutality as well. Dare I say, your victim for the evening would be quite displeased with their fate. Such lingering resentment, laid bare for all to see.

[Image: happy2_hincca.png]

How exciting!
Walmart John Finalfantasy14
lmao owned
Indiana Jones (Old)
Let's start this off by going through the pockets of the beheaded victim.
Columbo
Alright, lets get this over with and check out the body. Don't suppose that mask is coming off anytime soon, is it? Victim got anything on their person to identify them?
Lita
Examine the state of the body, particularly the clothes. Are they wearing anything identifying?

Go through their pockets to see if they have anything identifiable in there, too.
Nashu Mhakaracca
[Image: happy.png]

Magnificient monocle, Spooks! We're matching!

Oh, um...Let's check out the rest of the Geology Lab.
Izumi Konata
Go to the holding cell and see the lab zero creature
Tinkaton
Tinkaton looks at the Patio.
Dodo
(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:09 AM)Spooks? Wrote:

[Image: mask2_h8pszr.png]

…Why is everyone staring at me?

[Image: 5d963dbfd31e388f54cde6e0e5cb57b7c9a477c4.gifv]

THIS IS A GOOD LOOK ON YOU, SCHOLAR.

YOU SHOULD REMAIN THIS WAY. IT IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT.
Pea
Tell them where I am, Dexter.
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:14 AM)Indiana Jones (Old) Wrote: Let's start this off by going through the pockets of the beheaded victim.
You search through the victim's pockets. Inside, there appears to be only an extremely burned hot dog.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:14 AM)Lita Wrote: Examine the state of the body, particularly the clothes. Are they wearing anything identifying?

Go through their pockets to see if they have anything identifiable in there, too.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:14 AM)Columbo Wrote: Alright, lets get this over with and check out the body. Don't suppose that mask is coming off anytime soon, is it? Victim got anything on their person to identify them?
You go to check out the body, ignoring the nearby head. It seems like if you tried to rip the mask off, it would probably just take the head's skin off with it. Pretty nasty stuff. Inspecting the body, you see two wounds on their back around their shoulder blades. Almost resembling stab wounds. Their wrists appear to be slashed. It doesn't look like there are any other wounds on their body, at least nothing you can tell from the burns

It does not appear as though they are wearing anything identifying.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:18 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: [Image: happy.png]

Magnificient monocle, Spooks! We're matching!

Oh, um...Let's check out the rest of the Geology Lab.
You check out the rest of the Geology Lab. There's very little to inspect. It's burned to shit. There is a very badly burned lab coat lying on the ground, as well as a canister of lighter fluid. A melted power drill is sitting on the ground.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:21 AM)Izumi Konata Wrote: Go to the holding cell and see the lab zero creature
You inspect the Holding Cell. Inside, the strange, pale, birdlike creature is lying on the ground. It appears to be badly wounded, this time not healing like it did before. It sees you, and proclaims a few weak HOLYs before slithering under the bench.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 2:23 AM)Tinkaton Wrote: Tinkaton looks at the Patio.
You look at the Patio. There are a few soda cans sitting around, as well as a broken mirror on the ground. There is a boom box by the barbecue, albeit turned off, and several rats are skittering around the area.
Indiana Jones (Old)
- I wake up in the ruins with an ugly fish mask on.
- I use an excavator to clear away the rubble.
- While I'm clearing the rubble, Hazel gets on the elevator to go back up to the surface.
- I head into the ancient city. It's a residential district with buildings that are cube-like and formed from earth. Some buildings have windows made out of red glass.
- Not all of the city is abandoned. There are two buildings that have stuff in them.
- The first building has BPI-1001, Anti-Liturgic Weapon Longinius. It's pale threat. Access VII.
- I check out one of the normal houses and find that all the furniture is made of stone and crystals. There are pipes that look like they're meant to be normal plumbing (like for water) but they have dried black substances instead. On the ground is a mummified corpse.
- When I try to leave there's a creature blocking my way that is wearing a coat adorned with triangular purple spirals. I attempt to fight it but it flees by collapsing into a puddle and swimming away.
- I proceed even further into the city and find some metal stairs. I go up the stairs and I'm back inside the Bureau building, other side of the laser grid.
- I go up the elevator and find myself in yet another strange room. I find da boss there, wearing a dog mask and working on some conspiracy theory crap. They look at me and I apologize then ride the elevator back down.
- When I reach the bottom, there's somebody wearing a scream mask. They go from western door to eastern door.
- I go out the western door and I'm back in the ruins. It's some kind of market or governmental district.
- I find another house, go inside, and go to sleep.

Sorry for no room names my account doesn't have them.
Ciel
I'd like to present Alexander Wexlyn’s Journal
Columbo
Don't suppose the power drill matches how the victim was decapitated somehow? Wouldn't explain the other wounds, though...
Better run through our blade collection once again. Kitchen knives, armory weapons, box cutters, this is just kinda routine at this point.
Nashu Mhakaracca
Do those wrists wounds look fresh or days old?
Columbo
(Apr 14, 2024 at 4:55 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Do those wrists wounds look fresh or days old?
Good point, can we tell if any of the wounds seem older, including the shoulder ones?
Dodo
Since we still seem to be wearing our masks, I would like to perform a test.

Assuming I am still afflicted with the Mask of the Accursed, I locate the person wearing a Pharaoh Mask and Duel Disc System™, then punch that person in the face as hard as I can.

If I can't find that prick, I instead kick Riki into the nearest pile of wood.

Observe the results please.
Spooks?
(Apr 14, 2024 at 4:06 AM)Columbo Wrote: Don't suppose the power drill matches how the victim was decapitated somehow? Wouldn't explain the other wounds, though...
Better run through our blade collection once again. Kitchen knives, armory weapons, box cutters, this is just kinda routine at this point.
You compare the power drill to the wound. You don't think it would be possible to cut off a head with this unless you REALLY took your sweet ass time.

You compare kitchen knives, knives from the armory, and box cutters to the decapitation. It doesn't match any of those. The decapitation doesn't seem to have been done with a particularly sharp blade. It is messily hacked apart. The wrists are much the same way.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 4:55 AM)Nashu Mhakaracca Wrote: Do those wrists wounds look fresh or days old?

(Apr 14, 2024 at 4:57 AM)Columbo Wrote:
Good point, can we tell if any of the wounds seem older, including the shoulder ones?
It is difficult to tell due to the intense burns around the body.. The wounds, at the very least, don't appear to be scabbed over.

(Apr 14, 2024 at 6:18 AM)Dodo Wrote: Since we still seem to be wearing our masks, I would like to perform a test.

Assuming I am still afflicted with the Mask of the Accursed, I locate the person wearing a Pharaoh Mask and Duel Disc System™, then punch that person in the face as hard as I can.

If I can't find that prick, I instead kick Riki into the nearest pile of wood.

Observe the results please.
A horrible torture mask adorning your face, you look around to find anyone worthy of a kick. Well, you suppose, Riki's right there. You wind up a mighty kick and get ready to boot him into the nearest pile of wood, but your kick stops it midair. No matter how hard you struggle, you can't seem to attack him.
Nico Yazawa
[Image: uZOMdPd.png]

Can Nico try to kick dumb furball?
DxHustler3000
[Image: IMBOAmR.png]

What lies behind the chapel door...?
Beyond sigma. Life coach and trading consultant. V.I.P blogger and investigator. Trader in rare fish and various oddities. Contact for free business conundrums.